Skip to content

RP: Castle Greyhawk

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Minion, roll 1d8 for Ajantis' damage.

Minion, roll 1d4+1 for Magic Missile Attack

Minion, roll 1d10+4 for Minsc damage
    The rest of the party takes the old man down, with Minsc's final blow being the end to the old man's life. He sags in mid-rant and falls to the ground, dead.
    "Well, it's a rather moot point now," Jaheira commented. "I was merely defending our 'fearless leader'."
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    *twitches holding back his rage as what he saw as an evil act committed by his comrades.*
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    “That guy wasn’t important, right?” Neera asks.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    "I don't know who he was. But he seemed very mean. Why did he attack us? We weren't doing anything." Alora is feeling sorry for herself. "Can somebody heal me because I don't feel very well?"
    Now that the old mn is dead, You can see the tide skins he is wearing are snake skins. Really LARGE snake skins over leather armor. On one finger, he wears a gold ring, and around his neck is a snake medallion set with a turquoise. He must have been important- his is gold. He also has his staff, though it looks the same as that of Jaheira and Neera.

And don't forget... he told Ajantis to drown himself. It seems like that was a spell.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    "Ajantis?" Aerie asked. "Are you all right?"
    You are in a small clearing about 25 feet across, where 24 small standing stones are arranged in a tight circle. Minsc and Jaheira can see a rude shelter made of branches near the edge of the clearing. 50 feet or so away, you can see a wall-like mass of briars. Beyond that, to the north and east is the flaming pool of water.
    Alora will take his ring and medallion and add them to the party's treasure hoard. She will hand his staff to Neera and Jaheira. "Is this a magic staff?" she asks. "It seems very good for hitting people," she adds a little ruefully.

"He's wearing big snake skins. You don't think that means there are big snakes round here do you?"
    "It is not magical," Jaheira says. "And yes, there is a very good chance there might be giant snakes here."
    “Why did it have to be snakes?” Neera pries the ring off the old man’s finger and looks at it.
    Alora is unhappy at the thought she might meet a giant snake (or a giant anything for that matter).

"If the nasty old man was the guardian of the island do you think people are going to be cross that we killed him?" Alora wonders out loud. Then she brightens up. "Or maybe everyone will be happy because he was horrible to them and we have freed them. Maybe we're heroes?"

Cheered by this thought she is ready to continue exploring. "Let's all go and look at that shelter over there," she says, not wanting to be alone if there are big snakes around.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    “It was self-defense,” bristles Ajantis at the criticism of his honor. “He was beyond reason, he struck first and then again when we warned him to back down. I suppose we could have fled for his life, but then why are we questing?”

He looks puzzled suddenly. “Actually, why are we questing?”
    Alora looks up at Ajantis and wonders if he has suffered one too many knocks on the head because he seems to have forgotten everything. "We went to explore Castle Greyhawk and we met some ducks and some sharks and some other stuff but then I got turned into a balloon and a lady had to save me but she would only save me if we went and got her some potions so we did that but when we were on the way back we got picked up by some big birds and put in a nest and we didn't know where we were so we climbed down and we are trying to find our way back to Castle Greyhawk to give the lady the potions or she might turn me into a balloon again. And that's why we are questing."
    The shelter contains a pallet of soft ferns with some cloth thrown over it. Inside the shelter are a store of dried meat, nuts and fruit, enough to last the party at least a few days. For a man alone, it probably would be enough for a month or so.
    I wonder what he was guarding?

There are tales of knights that guard the prison of nefarious demons or devils, trapped in this plane.

I don’t think someone of his ilk would be guarding something like that. You need a strong mind, which clearly due to his isolation, he did not.
    "Anything is possible, I suppose," Jaheira says. "Perhaps we should see what he... or his people, guard so fanatically. Obviously, they consider it to be important, to have someone so... formidable, here to guard it." She considers. "Perhaps he guards this pool of flame, whatever it may be."
    “He could also just have been an old curmudgeon telling us kids to get off his lawn.” Neera shrugs and pockets the ring, then looks at the medallion.
    "That's possible, too," Jaheira concedes.
    "Okay, let's go look at this pool of fire and see if it's got a big snake in it. But before we do can you heal me Jaheira because the nasty man hit me twice and I really don't feel well," moans Alora.
    Minion, roll 1d8 for CLW
    Jaheira heals 4 hit points on Alora. "By all means, let us see this 'pool of fire'." she says.

The barrier consists of thorn bushes wrapped around stakes in the ground. Down the path, you can see a closed gate. You get it open by slicing the thorns holding it closed with your weapons.

About sixty feet down the path, you find a worn, grey stone Obelisk. Well, part of one, actually. The weather-worn stump of the obelisk has been shorn off at an angle, destroying much of the inscription that covers it. It stands forlornly in the center of the clearing before you

Trees it would have once dwarfed now tower over it. But coiled around the based of the stone is a long, thick snake, green as the grass.

It sees you, darts from its resting place and slithers towards you.

Minion, roll 1d10 for party initiative
    Minion, roll 1d10 for snake initiative
    Snake goes first. It goes after... Jaheira!

Minion, roll 1d20 for Snake attack
    It rises partly off the ground and lunges at Jaheira, wrapping itself around her chest and neck, driving the breath from her lungs. It starts to squeeze her tightly. Very tightly.
    *it’s Jaheria, no love lost here, so Anomen attempts to stab the thing with his spear, attempting to not skewer the Druid as well*

Minion, roll 1d20 for spear attack
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Unlike Anomen, Aerie cares a great deal about Jaheira. She cried her name, reached for her holy symbol, and sent a prayer to Baevarn to guide her allies' blades in hopes of cutting her free.

OOC: Aerie casts Bless on the party.
    “Eat flaming-or possibly frosty-death!” Neera attempts to whack the snake with her staff.

Minion, roll 1d20 for Whack-a-Snake!
    Minion, roll 1d8+2 for Spear Damage
    Minion, roll 1d6 for Staff damage
This discussion has been closed.