Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

DJKajuru said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett I usually beat poquelin by force - haste your fighters and boost them , tgen have them charge straight at poquelin.

ehehehehe. Fighters. Yes. I certainly have those. I mean, what kind of idiot would make a team with four mages?
    Not me, that's for sure. I defs have fighters. All those, uh, good good fighters. Yup. (whistles innocently)
    As a warning. The final boss kinda has 100 MR.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Also, I mentioned iron golems. Those also have 100% MR, and I assume that just like in Baldur's Gate they're immune to cold damage, so no Snowballs, either.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2017

By the way: Belhifet is not just immune to magic in IWD; he's immune to spell levels 1-9.

Please, who doesn't have 10th level spells?
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    DJKajuru said:

By the way: Belhifet is not just immune to magic in IWD; he's immune to spell levels 1-9.

Please, who doesn't have 10th level spells?
    People playing vanilla.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Sarcasm failure detected. Proceed with caution.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    Dev6 said:

DJKajuru said:

@LadyEibhilinRhett I usually beat poquelin by force - haste your fighters and boost them , tgen have them charge straight at poquelin.

ehehehehe. Fighters. Yes. I certainly have those. I mean, what kind of idiot would make a team with four mages?
    Not me, that's for sure. I defs have fighters. All those, uh, good good fighters. Yup. (whistles innocently)
    Playing IWD without fighters?

:tongue:
    I mean, I made it to the bottom of Dorn's Deep, so I assume I am at least doing something right.

And like, I have -one- fighter. It's just, DJKajuru's strategy clearly calls for multiple ones. I mean, I guess my mage/cleric can tank alongside the lone fighter if he really needs to. Got REALLY good Con and Dex when I was rolling him up, so he's actually pretty bulky and has a decent AC.
  • CheckmateSandersonCheckmateSanderson Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2017
    @DJKajuru Sure, I appreciate that he saw it coming and had a plan but, as a phenomenon in itself, it just feels like a pitiful irony; the Lord of Murder was murdered. Imagine if Silvanus died from cracking his skull after slipping on some wet leaves. It's just so...I dunno. Nevermind.
    Post edited by CheckmateSanderson on
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Krond is good as a DPS champion in favorless situations

(wait wrong franchise)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    ThacoBell said:

Too many BG1 characters return for BG2. There is no way so many people just happened to migrate south to another country at the same time charname finds themself there.

Now that is an unpopular opinion. Their arrival in Amn is perfectly explainable though perhaps the writers didn't explain it well enough. Those who took charname to Amn left a trail behind them which some of the NPCs quite deliberately followed though they did lose the trail on arrival in Amn as more competant people were put in charge of security in and around Irenicus' dungeon. A certain wizard caled Elminster who has the habit of interfering also handed out a few hints as to what other NPCs should do. Isra and Ajantis are of course perfectly understandable, as are others whose home is in Amn.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

They should have brought Alora back for BG2.

I have just installed her BG2 mod :)
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2017
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Alora, Xan and Kivan mods all work in the EE, for your information. I'm playing with all of them in my party right now !
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The only proper way to eat waffles is with peanut butter.
    @ThacoBell I see your peanut butter-filled waffles and raise you waffles baked with peanut butter and then filled with peanut butter. I had one like that once from a waffle cart in Sakaihigashi Station when I was studying abroad in Japan and it was amazing.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

Peanut butter is a force of evil.
    You don't need to be a paladin to know that.
    Arctodus said:

Ok, the contest is over. We have the unanimous world champion of Unpopular Opinions !! All hail @LadyEibhilinRhett !!

/thread

please dont hate me everyone