Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• lroumen said:

No no no
    You are supposed to write yeslick is better than tiax, jaheira is better than yeslick and end with viconia is better than jaheira. Otherwise we never get full circle

But Faldorn is better than Viconia.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Sure....i give up. It was a nice idea to go full circle though.

I actually think none of the npcs is better than any of their counterparts. I swap them at random all the time and they add equal value to me: dispensible help
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited January 2018
    Faldorn reaches level 5, that makes her unique and arguable the "best". I've never tried to feed her a bunch of WIS tomes, but I guess you could do that for another level 4 casting. Probably not worth it but if no one else needs them that's another call woodland beings.

Personally, I never use Faldorn though. Though to be frank, I never use Branwen or Viconia either. (EDIT) Clerics divine casters are superfluous in BG1.
  • I care about none of this; all suggestions were jests, japes, yea, even buffoonery on my part.
  • lroumen said:

Sure....i give up. It was a nice idea to go full circle though.

I actually think none of the npcs is better than any of their counterparts. I swap them at random all the time and they add equal value to me: dispensible help

Whoa, there, Sarevok!

"Ha! These are all pawns. Pawns collected for the use of whoever knows how to place them on the board." - Sarevok
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i consider Branwen boring even with npc project and her bg2 mod.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

i consider Branwen boring even with npc project and her bg2 mod.

Dear moderators,

Does the forum engine have a way to add a Die, heathen scum button?

And you may consider Branwen boring, but she won’t make you sleep with one eye open and your back to the wall.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited January 2018
    @tbone1 I'm assuming you've played branwen's bg2 mod - may I have your review about it?
    I have, and it is definitely worth it. It’s not big, but it is weell done and worth the time. @kulyok did a wonderful job on it.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    tbone1 said:

Branwen looks hotter in chainmail

Speak for yourself. I will give you that Branwen looks hotter in the Ankheg mail though, that woman wears a dead bug plate like a pro.

That being said, Viconia is NOT someone I would ever associate with in real life, don't mess with crazy my friends always told me.

Unpopular Opinion: Garrick is a great early game NPC to add to your party, he was even good for me up until Chapter 4. I can't bring myself to keep around the entire game though as end up making way for better characters, despite how charming he can be.

*Cough* Garrick is better than Eldoth fight me *Cough*

@FinneousPJ
    Well yes, but I was trying to be forum friendly.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    ThacoBell said: Skatan said:Faldorn reaches level 5, that makes her unique and arguable the "best". I've never tried to feed her a bunch of WIS tomes, but I guess you could do that for another level 4 casting. Probably not worth it but if no one else needs them that's another call woodland beings.

Personally, I never use Faldorn though. Though to be frank, I never use Branwen or Viconia either. (EDIT) Clerics divine casters are superfluous in BG1.

Technically, ALL classes are superfluous. As any one can solo the game.

But soling is boring.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Wise_Grimwald Agreed, but my point was that divine casters aren't any less required to win than any other class in the game.
    Soloing is counter-intuitive and defeats the purpose of the game. If you're going to do a challenge, try doing a no-reload challenge. As hardcore as these runs are, it's just silly.

Not that I don't appreciate the skill of someone who can do a Solo, No-Reload, Legacy of Bhaal Marathon Trilogy Run with a 75 stat total Bard (is that possible?), but I'm just here to enjoy the game.

(Hides in Nuclear Fallout shelter from Hardcore Gamers)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    It's funny how one discussion drifts into a totally different disdussion, but then I suppose that's what happens in face to face conversations.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Not sure if I've posted here before or not but...
    Ever since I heard they originally planned to kill off Imoen I've thought they should have stuck with that. Probably would've made the game more interesting.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

It's funny how one discussion drifts into a totally different disdussion, but then I suppose that's what happens in face to face conversations.

Speaking of totally different discussions, who else thinks that toilet paper should be overhand instead of underhand?

Speaking of totally different discussions, who else thinks that toilet paper should be overhand instead of underhand?
    That question is best left to political discussions
    Not sure what you mean, but the paper should not touch the wall

lroumen said:

Whoa, there, Sarevok!

"Ha! These are all pawns. Pawns collected for the use of whoever knows how to place them on the board." - Sarevok
    He is actually the most believable end game villain in the bg series.

And I never said I was a nice guy.

• Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited January 2018
    Unpopular opinions? Hmm, sounds interesting... Let me add something!
    • Kangaxx is easier to beat than most Demiliches in the game (provided you know the right way).
    • Incendiary Cloud can be much more deadlier than Horrid Wilting.
    • Stun is the most dangerous negative status condition as there are no spells to gain protection from it, and it is very difficult to be removed. (There's a weapon that grants immunity to it, though.)
    • You can get to 10 APRs without Whirlwind Attack.
    • Demiliches and Planetars should be friends. o:) (If you're in doubt about this fact, you may ask @Shandaxx.)
    Shields bonuses are better than offhand weapons.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

Unpopular opinions? Hmm, sounds interesting... Let me add something!

You can get to 10 APRs without Whirlwind Attack.
    Not sure how that qualifies as a unpopular opinion? :P