Skip to content

Dee Loses His Marbles

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
Come lose your marbles with me!

After months of working with precious little sleep (more on that in another thread), I think I'm finally starting to crack. I figure, why not spill my brains out all over the keyboard for the community to see?

Full disclosure: If I say anything in this thread that pertains to Beamdog, Siege of Dragonspear, or anything remotely relevant to Beamdog's games, it is a lie or a joke. Ready to jump into the gelatinous cube-filled swimming pool that is my mindscape? Prepare your Ego Whips.

Here's how this thread is going to work. I'm going to say something totally bonkers and weird. Then you say something totally bonkers and weird. Maybe it's related to the day you're having, maybe it's just something that popped into your head that you feel the need to post. Keep to the site rules: PG-13, no personal attacks, and be excellent to each other.

I'll start things off:

Release notes for Beamdog game updates are the bane of my existence. The only reason I still do them is that secretly I'm hoping someone will discover the hidden messages I've encoded into them and find the novel I've been quietly writing one paragraph at a time. Then I'll be famous.
[Deleted User]NonnahswriterwubbleJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]lolienAedanBelgarathMTHTeflonCrevsDaakjunk11kaguanacmk24sparkleavThacoBellmashedtaters

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    As far as I can tell, I have never eaten a walrus. Though I would like to, very much.
    JuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTHCrevsDaak
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    There are cookies with walrus flavour in my country. They're delicious.
    NimranJuliusBorisovlolienmashedtaters
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Shandyr wrote: »
    Mushrooms will overthrow humanity and take over the world.
    The spores will be released!

SOON!

OMG... rearranging the letters in @Shandyr 's post makes a super secret hidden message of:

"EWW, WE MUST BEHAVE OR I'LL THINK A TALLER PERSON WILL DO SOME VOODOO HERE. TRUST ME AND SHH. SORRY"
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolienmashedtaters
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovloliendeltagoYupImMadBro
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    true.

It is why it took so long to respond.

Two hours attempting to come up with something coherent for a losing your marbles topic. True sign of craziness there.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]lolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Do you know how much fun it is to install software on a server with a foreign language OS on it? Not very. I sure hope I hit the right buttons.
    JuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTH
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    I wonder what would happen if I used chocolate syrup instead of glue as part of the 3D model I'm building for my Urban Planning class...
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited March 2016
    Common sense is very common; it’s just that we take it for granted. When someone wants to eat an apple, is it more common for them to put part of the apple in their mouth and sink their teeth into it, or is it more common for them to kick the apple across the room? People always seem to choose the former when they want to eat an apple, so I don’t see how someone could say that common sense isn’t common.
    JuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTHZaferick
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm presently taking a bus at 12:30am to a crappy area of Toronto so that I can buy marshmallows and blue and yellow food colouring from a 24 hour grocery store. Is this nutty? Who is to say?
    JuliusBorisovwubbleBelgarathMTH
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    To tell the truth, those release notes and manuals will be of the same interest to me as the expansion itself. After all, I want to find out whether Ao saw the werebears or not.
    lolienwubbleBelgarathMTHkaguana
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I dumped out my marbles decades ago. I needed the bag for my dice.
    BelgarathMTHCrevsDaakkaguana
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Today's updates are brought to you by Powerthirst.
    JuliusBorisovAyiekie
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Hey! Who dropped all these marbles all over the place?!?! ;)
    JuliusBorisovmashedtatersMontresor_SP
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    I was in my mid-20s before I figured out a word I read as "fah-set-ee-us" was the same word I pronounced as "fuh-see-shus". And when writing the previous sentence, I actually forgot how to spell "facetious". Never headbutt a porcupine.
    CrevsDaak
    I was in my mid-20s before I figured out a word I read as "fah-set-ee-us" was the same word I pronounced as "fuh-see-shus". And when writing the previous sentence, I actually forgot how to spell "facetious". Never headbutt a porcupine.

I was the same with the word "voilà". I didn't connect "voy-la" with "wa-la" until I saw the movie Tron after reading the book.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited March 2016
    There was a guy in high school named Hunter Dealy (spelling may be wrong). He wrote a poem that ended up on the wall in my Creative Writing class, which I memorized. It was eight years ago.

But I'm not sure if he'd want me posting it here.
    Post edited by semiticgoddess on
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited March 2016

m1u6hd4qvqtc.jpg
    TressetJuliusBorisovZaferick
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited March 2016
    Bus-isle-sk is the correct way to pronounce this:
    anims-basilisk-animated.gif

Also (totally true story): A strange lump that has been in my right eyelid for the past 5 or so months just fell off today. Good riddance, says I! That thing (whatever it was) was driving me nuts! Seriously... it was going vroom-vroom with mah acorns!

I would like to contribute to Dee losing her marbles by once again reminding her of this(I will never stop doing this, Lord Wombat, so get used to expecting it when you least expect it!):
    a59222894be31d238cc93e73f3a0d8.jpg

L.F. Ant
    Singing off!

LAlalalaLALAAAAAAAAAAA....

(Do you regret making this thread accessible to me yet?)
    SkaroseJuliusBorisovkaguanaMush_Mush