Skip to content

Favorite Starting Pokemon (1st and 2nd Generation Only)

2»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Gnomes are allowed to hate kobolds. It is our cultural heritage...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Gotta have to go with squirtle, simply because he's equaly cute and cool and in the anime he was a punk, something I could strongly identify with back then UvU
    Bulbasaur is a nerd and Charmander is an emo >.>

Totodile would be my second pick because hE'S SO ADORABLE!!!1!!!1
    Also love Snivy and Tepig :3
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Okay, okay... first thing: you're never too old for Pokémon.

Second thing, Cyndaquil. Though, for generation one, I think I would normally go with Squirtle purely for the water vs. rock advantage against Brock.

Charmander is an emo

Also, I'd love to see more drawings like this, where they're dressed up in attire you might expect suiting their personalities; I'd suggest the first 151, but that's probably asking a bit too much. :P
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Squirrel Squad!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Squirrels?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Nimran said:

Squirrel Squad!

Nimran knows whats up

Squirrels?

Damn autocorrect...
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2016
    I had to google Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile because I have no idea which of newer generations starters are which. I realize now I even played the game that had these things as the starters. I think if I had to choose one of them now, it would probably be the fire hedgehog.

Also what the hell people, why would anybody vote for the 2nd generation things when we have Bulba and Squirtle? I mean I could understand if the choice was the new stuff or a Charmander :tongue:
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2016
    Blastoise blast blastoise.

(Translation: Squirtle rules because it becomes Blastoise)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I will show all of you Charmander lovers what the best starting Pokemon really is.

Watch holyfork's bulbasaur use SOLAR BEAM!!!

Just hold on a few minutes while it charges up...
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Just hold on a few minutes while it charges up...

You can use Sunny Day, so that you could fire Solarbeam instantly. But that would also strengthen Charizard's flamethrower ;3
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I only ever played Gen 1, and both on Red and Blue I chose Bulbasaur for my first playthroughs and I've never chosen Charmander (I've traded for him tho). I mean, I've picked up and doodled around at the very beginning of Gen II-IV (and I think I picked Chikorita for the 3-6 hours I doodled on a friend's Crystal cartridge back in the day), but Bulbasaur and Squirtle will always be near and dear to my heart.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I don't understand anything about pokeman, but installed the app Go! about a month ago and have played it every now and then.

I have no idea what I am doing or why. I sit in my sofa, at work or walk sometimes with the app running. Pokemon appear and I capture them. I found a dragonite this morning with 667 CP, my highest pokemon with my level 8 character.

I see there are gyms you can fight in, but all gyms seem to be guarded by characters at level 20+ with pokemons with 2000+ CP. So why the hell does all those pokemons with 10 CP even spawn? Are they just there for exp and to be transferred to the professor for 1 cookie?

Still, even though I don't udnerstand the game really, it's enjoyable to capture a new pokemon every now and then.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    My favorite Pokemon was the one that's like blue with red shoes and spiky hair. Reminds me of my avatar. I think it might be a cat or something, but I can't remember what it's called.
    joluv said:

My favorite Pokemon was the one that's like blue with red shoes and spiky hair. Reminds me of my avatar. I think it might be a cat or something, but I can't remember what it's called.

Sonic the Hedgehog?
    Skatan said:

I have no idea what I am doing or why. I sit in my sofa, at work or walk sometimes with the app running. Pokemon appear and I capture them. I found a dragonite this morning with 667 CP, my highest pokemon with my level 8 character.

WTF I PLAY ALL SUMMER AND CAN'T EVOLVE A DRAGONITE AND YOU FIND ONE BY ACCIDENT???????
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

Skatan said:

WTF I PLAY ALL SUMMER AND CAN'T EVOLVE A DRAGONITE AND YOU FIND ONE BY ACCIDENT???????
    Yeah, was on my way to work and it just popped up when I was about to spin a pokestop. Found Pikachu yesterday as well. Maybe not so unique, but there it was as I was walking home from work. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    I found a Porygon once...
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Skatan said:

Skatan said:

Yeah, was on my way to work and it just popped up when I was about to spin a pokestop. Found Pikachu yesterday as well. Maybe not so unique, but there it was as I was walking home from work. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    *while my mother is driving me home from work*

Oh my god, there's a Dragonite somewhere!

Well, I won't be able to capture it, since I'm in the car and we're going too fast--

OH MY GOD IT JUST APPEARED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!

CATCH IT! CATCH IT! CATCH ITTTTTT!!!

*many razz berries and great balls later*

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

joluv said:

Sonic the Hedgehog?
    Come on, I think I know the difference between a cat and a hedgehog. Sheesh.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    joluv said:

joluv said:

Sonic the Hedgehog?
    Come on, I think I know the difference between a cat and a hedgehog. Sheesh.

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Bulbasaur.... Always started with him I always felt like Charisse's was overrated. For gen two it was totodile. feraligater should be part dark
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Ok, Who decided to throw this party while I was away?! I have a few things to say, first and foremost:
    Nimran said:

Squirrel Squad!

That is my domain! Even as a tucuxi, I am still Commander in Chief of the Squirrel Squadron! One of our agents must have hacked into the auto corrector. They like to squirrel around from time to time...

Now then! Of these choices, Bulbasaur is my favorite, but Charmander comes close. Bulbasaur, even up to gen 6, is the only starter that is dual typed even in its first stage, and I find this cool. I also like it from a design perspective. I am not sure why exactly, but an animal with a plant growing on its back is a very neat concept to me.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    I think I might just play the new pokemon because fire kitten that evolves into a Thuder Cat.