Skip to content

Post something that everyone hates but you.

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
(Mind you guys that this post respects the forum rules is not meant to spread any form of prejudice)

The song "Hotel California".

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    -40 weather.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,987
    working more than 12 hours a day
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    Stargate Universe
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Shandyr said:
    How can someone not enjoy a Sarah Brightman concert???
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Shandyr said:

DJKajuru said:

Shandyr said:
    How can someone not enjoy a Sarah Brightman concert???
    Don't tell me you like Sarah Brightman :astonished:
    She is my favorite singer and I have never found someone who likes her.
    I've seen her live twice, and it is a tremendous experience!!!
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861

Mathematics.

I think that's understandable about mathematics, because my suspicion is that one really needs must have an innate gift to be brilliant, even if studying helps for a reasonably comprehensive basic knowledge. Bit like composing : one probably has it, or not. I don't - either.

I enjoy: statistics.

And even more so: sampling theory in practical applicaiton and source criticality in statistical inference.

That charming yet truthful observation about the average sample size behind MS PowerPoint presentation and Pravda's (*) numerics being at par...

There is of course also the mean spirited joke that statistics is a dicipline for those whom really cannot do mathematics, which stands true for me, without real brilliance in either. Yet the Central Limit theorem is, I believe, quite rigorous as far as its underlying mathematics go. Not that I can follow the argument at all, but that's the essential beef behind the normalized distribution; or Bell curve.

(*) Pravda was the Soviet Union official state newspaper, for those whom might not link the reference upfront.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Rick Roll
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    country music
    Museums, modern and contemporary Art.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Le much hated overseer of the glorious City of Jasmine
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    DJKajuru said:

(Mind you guys that this post respects the forum rules is not meant to spread any form of prejudice)

wait people don't like that song? well thats new to me.

neera.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Richard Nixon

John Boehner

Working for hours on end without breaks

The high-pitched screeching of spoken Chinese

The United States government

Human beings
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

John Boehner

Ever since met the Pope and decided to chill out, Boehner has gotten a lot more likable.

DJKajuru said:

wait people don't like that song? well thats new to me.

neera.
    People like the chorus, but it's interminable instrumental part tends to discourage listeners.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Human names for pets... dogs called Geoff or Claire... cats called Sharon or Paul
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    joluv said:

John Boehner

Ever since met the Pope and decided to chill out, Boehner has gotten a lot more likable.
    I also got a positive impression when I first heard about him in a Time magazine article.

It was describing a major setback for Boehner and his group--Boehner was hoping for a large win so that they could accomplish their objectives, but they ended up losing. Rather than giving up or sulking, Boehner's reaction to his people was, in a nutshell, "okay, let's see what we can do despite our weak position." He took responsibility for change even when he lost power. I've long had a certain respect for people who try to make things happen even when they are not in charge.

Unfortunately, he ended up leading a group of people whose philosophy was the exact opposite. Rather than making the most of a weak hand and influencing politics as much as they could, they chose instead to halt all progress. For them, theirs was the only legitimate voice, and if they weren't calling the shots, nobody could. Flipping over the table when you're losing the game.

It's no wonder Boehner hated his job.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I think someone else already said this, but modding. All of it. I've sworn it off. It causes me more trouble and wasted time with tech troubleshooting than any benefit of any mod is worth. I especially don't like SCS.

I recently tried to install the part of Tweaks that lets you use BG1 weapon proficiencies onto SoD BG1, and it messed up the text strings on every weapon in the game. I had to completely uninstall and do a clean reinstall to get rid of Tweaks. I probably wasted a good half hour or more of my precious game time working with it, and I had played two runs all the way through Nashkel before I noticed the problem.

I'm quite sure there's a way to fix it, or one on the way. That's not the point of this post. I'm just venting.

I think the thing I like the best about the EE's is that they provide a basically playable clean, vanilla install of the game with no modding.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

I think someone else already said this, but modding. All of it. I've sworn it off. It causes me more trouble and wasted time with tech troubleshooting than any benefit of any mod is worth. I especially don't like SCS.

I recently tried to install the part of Tweaks that lets you use BG1 weapon proficiencies onto SoD BG1, and it messed up the text strings on every weapon in the game. I had to completely uninstall and do a clean reinstall to get rid of Tweaks. I probably wasted a good half hour or more of my precious game time working with it, and I had played two runs all the way through Nashkel before I noticed the problem.

I'm quite sure there's a way to fix it, or one on the way. That's not the point of this post. I'm just venting.

I think the thing I like the best about the EE's is that they provide a basically playable clean, vanilla install of the game with no modding.

i agree with scs. i only really use mods that add quests characters, banters, etc. as i play bg more for the story then for the gameplay...well i play alot of rpgs that way.