Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity 2:Deadfire announced spoilers for pillars1 ABSOLUTELY NO PILLARS 2 SPOILERS PLS

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We should start an online campaign to give @typo_tilly US$5000,00 :wink:
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited February 2017
    I hope they've improved on Godlike interactions in this game.. Like some really heavy negative/positives when doing some quests and so on. I'm not sure if everyone likes that, but thats how the ingame lore seems to indicate they are usually treated that way.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    That was one of my big hopes in the first game as well. My Death Godlike's only big reaction I can remember was actually positive, from those undead peoples in the expansion. At least Durance hated Orlans.. ^^
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    What I would like to see in the next stretch goal?
    A MODDING TOOL. Please!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited February 2017
    And playable avian godlikes while we're at it. Having Pallegina be the only birdy makes her feel like a rare pokemon. Again.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    edited February 2017
    Aedan said:

What I would like to see in the next stretch goal?
    A MODDING TOOL. Please!

If PoE2 had a modding tool that was as easy to use - or easier - than the Shadowrun Returns series, I'd be all up on that.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited February 2017

And playable avian godlikes while we're at it. Having Pallegina be the only birdy makes her feel like a rare pokemon. Again.

I looked through the twitch chat part 2 earlier. They answered a question saying there wouldn't be new subraces, because it would be a lot of work to implement. So I'm not sure if that means they're excluding avian godlike altogether..Anyway that's just 1 race, so I can live with that. Personally I kinda enjoy Haer'dalis and Viconia for that reason in Baldurs gate 2, they get a certain bonus that no one else gets, making them more attractive to have in a party. And who knows it could be avian godlikes are so exceptionally rare even among godlike, enough to justify excluding them from character generation.

I'm guessing they don't want the extra work with creating a new model for the avian godlike..Fair enough excuse for me.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Update #12 - Berath's Blessing and Fulvano's Voyage Continues!
    Posted: 02/13/2017

Only two more weeks left in the campaign, but we're far from done adding to Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Tomorrow, February 14th, we have a super special feature announcement, and we're thrilled to give you details on two new companions. Later in the week we'll have a new video that shows off Neketaka, the big city in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire that we're pretty sure is going to leave you impressed.

$2.6 Million!

Amazing! We've hit the $2.6 million and unlocked Berath's Blessing. As a reminder, Berath's Blessing is our version of New Game+ that features optional bonuses and challenges that unlock as you gain achievements. The next goal at $2.8 million adds a full orchestra soundtrack, an increased level cap, and one more sub-class per class. Thank you so much for the continued support. We still have a lot of announcements and amazing things to show off in the next two weeks, and in addition to the companion introductions, we will be unveiling the $3.0 million stretch goal in tomorrow's (Valentine's Day!) update too.

ICYMI - Last Week's Recap

We introduced a new backer reward at the $45 tier and as an add-on, The Pen and Paper Pillars of Eternity RPG. Now, you can have your own adventures with your friends, in the comfort of your favorite tabletop setting. Read more about it in Update #10.

Two large updates, one about the lore of the Deadfire and another covering new art and graphics technology with a snazzy video.

With your amazing pledges we blew by the $2.2million and $2.4 million stretch goals, adding Korean and Italian, doubling the V.O. budget, and adding UI Customization features!

On Wednesday, we had live Twitch Developer Q&A with Josh Sawyer and Adam Brennecke. Watch it here to find out more in depth information about the game systems and lore of Deadfire.

The introduction of Fulvano's Voyage in Update #9. This is an in-game island chain that will grow larger with more Fig Backers!Read more about the next leg that was added over the weekend in the next section below.

If you haven't read it, check out a great interview with Josh Sawyer on Shacknews where he discusses Deadfire development, crowdfunding, and more.

Lastly, Pillars of Eternity II was featured in PC Gamer Magazine and website. Grab an issue or check it out here!

Fulvano's Voyage Continues to Dunnage, Facebook and Twitter Unlocks Added!

This weekend we hit 22,000 backers meaning that the next leg of Fulvano's Voyage is unveiled! The next leg will be reached at 23,500 backers. In addition we will be unlocking a new leg if we hit 15,000 likes on the Pillars of Eternity Facebook or 5000 followers on the Pillars of Eternity Twitter, whichever comes first! Spread the word of the Fig campaign and let's travel with Fulvano together! As of today (Feb 13th), Fulvano has made it almost half-way there and a new hidden isle is hinted at upon the horizon. What will Fulvano find next?

Upon discovering Dunnage, Fulvano wrote these notes in his journal before he continued his journey:

"When the Príncipi sen Patrena needed a waypoint, trading post,and hub of merriment in the desolate waters of Deadfire, the settlement of Dunnage was the only natural conclusion. The temporary, shoved-together structures are a mockery of urban planning. Dunnage is a refuge where thieves and backstabbers alike can put their feet up and trade coin, goods, and tall tales."

Engwithan Titan

And now for a new creature concept - the Engwithan Titan.Introduced in the first gameplay footage, the Titan protects an ancient desert ruins, Poko Kohara. The Titan has a special grapple attack - he can pick up and squeeze his foes before throwing them to the ground. Keep your distance!

WHOA DUDE! YOU'RE REALLY BIG MAN! WHOA!

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The more I see this Engwithan dude, the more I think about Attack on Titan manga/anime series.
    ...honestly, what's with this obsession that every big dude design needs to wear briefs? Engwithan Titan, from this moment forth I'll name thy "Brief Mid-boss".
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    News about Tyranny DLC´s? I´m not trolling!
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Kamigoroshi Would you prefer boxer shorts?
    @FinneousPJ Nah, personally I'm more for the au naturel camp. The ancient Greek knew how to do scultures properly.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019

Post edited by lefreut on
    edited February 2017

Confirmed: Serafen is Bluebeard!

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Man, pillars is good at producing good ranger concepts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yayyy! Relationships!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Aedan said:

Yayyy! Relationships!

I'll believe it when I see it. It's Obsidian, after all. Though, judging by Tyranny with it's fear\loyalty scale and some bickering/cooperation between companions, that might work.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Phew! I thought they said no more sub-classes! Not sub-races. XD

Have they said anything about the new sub-classes? Or whether you could multi-class two sub-classes together?

As of now, three available sub-classes per class but you can only pick one sub-class. Sub-classes are meant to be like 2e kits. Priests and paladins work slightly differently because their gods/orders respectively are their sub-classes. If you multi-class, you can pick a sub-class for each of your two classes. You cannot do "multi-class" directly across sub-classes.
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    lefreut said:

New stretch goal

You have to watch the video explanation by Josh Sawyer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIUqGbIUP6c

It is funny that they announced this stretch goal on Valentine's Day. :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Josh Sawyer did another Q&A Stream.

We can find the transcript here - https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/5ueus0/pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_qa_stream_3/.

It's huge.

" - In BG2, mages were fearsome adversaries that required special tactics to defeat, in Pillars of Eternity many small bosses are wizards but never really represent any significant challenge or require a change of tactics. Do you plan on changing that for the sequel?

JS: I do think that, especially when you start getting into Concelhaut and stuff like that, those fights do become a bigger deal. We're redoing a lot of the spells and spellcasting mechanics, but we're not going to go to the sort of rock, paper scissors thing where you have to have this one spell to get rid of the one other thing that you're facing. That really narrows down your potential party-building options to a small list of things."