Skip to content

What's next for Beamdog?

Haven't heard anything, you guys still there ;)?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    What's next? Well... there are quite a few things in the works and we hope to share something soon!

Monitor our blog, Twitter and Facebook for announcements.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    There are hushed whispers of them doing a 5th edition adaptation with a new engine. How accurate those rumors are? Who knows?

I try not to think about it too much because the last time I got hyped for Siege of Dragonspear I burned myself out on Baldur's Gate in anticipation and only just barely got around to seriously playing through it.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I think it's going to be a multicultural interactive music-based game: Sitar Hero!
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Probably be a rushed project then release a quick CE for a cash grab then not update anything and claim it's in the works.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    Wesboi said:

Probably be a rushed project then release a quick CE for a cash grab then not update anything and claim it's in the works.

Someone is on their period !
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Lore said:

Wesboi said:

Nah just realistic. Obviously the beamdog defence force will go nuts.
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    Wesboi said:

Lore said:

Wesboi said:

Nah just realistic. Obviously the beamdog defence force will go nuts.
    Obviously :D

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Oh look, they're complaining again. Its almost as if you created an account just to dump on everyone around you.

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    ...Aaaand multiple people have already contacted the mods asking to monitor this thread.

For those of you who aren't aware, personal attacks are against the Site Rules. And no, there are no exceptions. It's never okay.

Moderators issue formal warnings in response to breaches in the Site Rules. Warnings are cumulative and can lead to restricted posting privileges or a permanent ban from the forums, depending on severity and previous warnings.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Can't we all just have a :cookie: and get along?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Don't be intolerant.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I'm sure we can all agree that this extended version of "Sharks Don't Sleep" is badass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEOFM_K2n0A
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    tbone1 said:

Nimran said:

Can't we all just have a :cookie: and get along?

No.
    "Is that gluten free?"
    "I'm a vegan."
    "Are there any nut oils? Because I'm allergic."
    "Did you not know I'm lactose intolerant?"
    "I said, I'm a vegan!"
    "These aren't free range chocolate chips!"
    Have some Girl Scout cookies! Thin Mints are vegan. Toffee-tastics and Trios are gluten-free. Several varieties are also nut-free. :wink:
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Shandyr said:

Hey, where's the option to romance my cookie? :(

Um, given old blues slang, you might want to rephrase that.
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    tbone1 said:

Shandyr said:

Um, given old blues slang, you might want to rephrase that.
    IDGI as a straight male (or gay female... or uh bisexual male too... and weird golems or other abominations with humans lusts or whatnots too I guess) isn't getting some of that the purpose of romancing anyway?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cookie

(Assuming we are talking about top definition #2. We are, right?)
    DrakeICN said:

(Assuming we are talking about top definition #2. We are, right?)

Yes, although there is more to it than that.

Shandyr said:

Sorry pal. But that love is destined to crumble.
    It will be sweet while it lasts, though.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We received a report cookies were being abused in this thread..
    I'm here to report a murder most delicious!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    A crime of passion
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    If the next release is an EE of a game, im gonna be a little dissapointed.. Sorry to say...
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    lordkim said:

If the next release is an EE of a game, im gonna be a little dissapointed.. Sorry to say...

Prepare to be disappointed. From what I can piece together from various rumors, the next Beamdog game is either Planescape Torment, or Icewind Dale 2.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Icewind Dale 2 would be interesting. I rather liked tinkering with the 3E character builds. I don't think I ever finished a game of it though due to restartitis...
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2017
    Lore said:

Wesboi said:

Some one has never had a positive comment about Beamdog and what they have done to resurrect D&D as an CRPG that are not MMOs. So, best take those comments with a large grain of salt & realize that one of the truest axioms to come from hip hop is that haters are gonna hate.

On Topic: Where does the idea come from that it is IWD2EE or Torment EE arise from? I tend to think it is something completely new. With Torment: Tides of Numeria set to launch in the coming days, seems like a rather bad business decision to try to compete for that dollar/euro. My main concern is that it will be their own IP, given that Gaider is involved, it would make sense. I really don't car about graphics at all, but I really think one of the big reasons BG2 was so successful was the nuances/manipulation to be found in the rule set.

Replicating that along with providing an excellent, branching story/side quests, stories is a tall order. While I eventually came to appreciate the writing of DA:O, the game mechanics never grabbed me the way BG2 has/did. Think of Diablo 2 vs. Diablo 3. The depth of character creation/advancement in Diablo 3 was very poor and thus the game suffered in comparison to Diablo 2. Say what we will about the Role Play aspects of BG2, it is the combat system that has largely helped it endure through 20 years regardless of party banter. Getting both parts of the formula is tough & BG2 was able to rely on a tried & true system.

My dream? An Iron Crown Enterprise's Rolemaster system with the level of story telling of the BG series........a guy can dream, right?

edit: to make the grammar a slightly less atrocious
    Post edited by Sunder on