Skip to content

You know it's a normal day in the forum when...

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    901) When an off topic post in the off topic forum makes a post completely on point, and makes you think.
    voidofopinionBalrog99Rik_KirtaniyaThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    903. When a forum member discovers topiception.
    LadyRhianRik_Kirtaniya
    Now I am waiting for the forum curl up on itself and roll off into a forgotten corner of the internet. ;)
    BelgarathMTH
    edited September 2018
    That was the one @FinneousPJ, your google skills are very high it seems, hehe. I just used the forums own search engine, but that wasn't so good (can't filter/sort on date etc).

But please, there's no need to go back and like that post. That was never my intention with using that post as an example.

EDIT: Added here instead of in an own post: Thanks @mlnevese! I have now bookmarked that thread you linked below.
    mlneveseFinneousPJJuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Dev6 said:

@FinneousPJ you have wonderful google-fu, but then you took a picture of your screen instead of a screenshot. I feel conflicted. :(

Because I googled on my PC but the image attachment works simpler on mobile.
    Dev6mlnevese
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Commenting on old threads reminds me of another conundrum in the posting world. When you bring back to life an old thread (or try to) - you find a lot of apologies and a lot of people accusing others of necro posting.

Personally I think there's no problem with it - the only times I find myself on such an old thread, is because I've googled something (for example "what is better paladin or cleric/fighter"). Other people will also google and find old threads in the future and new posts will be useful for them. Another more annoying problem is troubleshooting, sometimes I google a problem and find a forum of people chatting about the exact problem I have... the final post from the OP reads "don't worry, fixed it" or something like that, with no comment on how.

Also... anyone else feeling dumb for never searching google with quotations before :o
    SkatanmlneveseStummvonBordwehrThacoBell
    fluke13 said:

Another more annoying problem is troubleshooting, sometimes I google a problem and find a forum of people chatting about the exact problem I have... the final post from the OP reads "don't worry, fixed it" or something like that, with no comment on how.

Haha THIS, so this. I spent ages looking how to fix the lag issue with Arcanum before finally finding a 10 year old thread in an obscure part of the internets that had the proper answer.

mlneveseRavenslightfluke13
    Yeah. I've cast "Raise Thread" numerous times! Just recently, in my RP "Castle Greyhawk" thread.

:D We should add a "Raise Thread" Badge to the Forums, for good Necro of old threads! :)
    ThacoBellfluke13StummvonBordwehrRaduziel
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    LadyRhian said:

Yeah. I've cast "Raise Thread" numerous times! Just recently, in my RP "Castle Greyhawk" thread.

:D We should add a "Raise Thread" Badge to the Forums, for good Necro of old threads! :)

It'd be exploited.
    fluke13mlnevese
    That's why I said "GOOD Necro" ;)
    fluke13ThacoBell
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

906. After a pages long off-topic debate about the value of forum reactions in the "You Know It's a Normal Day in the Forum" thread, forum reactions stop working properly on the forum. :smiley:

Yeah, what's going on with this, it's bloody awful.

Wasn't too aware of a points system but not being able to give a quick agree/like/insightful to a post and it clearly showing is really annoying.

BelgarathMTHlolien
    @UnderstandMouseMagic Vanilla Forums is doing this all over, or so I hear. I also heard they are working on it. How long it may take... Well, your guess is as good as mine.
    UnderstandMouseMagic
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    907. When I talk about how much I like the friendly atmosphere on this forum.
    ThacoBellmlnevese
    908. When I dominate another week's worth of activity points. Yay?
    mlneveseThacoBell
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    909. When you visit the forums after a long (??) time and resurrect your favourite threads.
    mlneveseThacoBelllolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    910. When you are excited to log in for the first time of the day and catch up with all the new posts.
    mlneveseZaghoullolienvoidofopinion