Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    lolien said:

Actually, gnoll stronghold was the main plot location for the planned Baldur's Gate III. It could be reached through a tunnel system, in which you could enter with opening a secret entrance at the waterfall, where Drienne's cat can be find. You had to gather all the dead animal and humanoid corpses throughout the trilogy, and place them into the container there.

The bunch of the new game took place in the underdark, it explained the roles of the dopplegangers by Durlag's tower and the Iron Throne, revealed the plot for the Twisted Rune (including the Hidden, Shangalar, and the guarded compound at the Temple District in Athkatla).

Saemon Havarian turns up again too for some reason.

Black Hound is actually a reference for the final boss, a gnoll demi-god.

Another thematic element of the aforementioned Baldur's Gate III brainstorm cult-planners ~ who frequently rented entire floors of the famous Chateau at Lake Louise, Alberta Canada ~ revolved around the remarkable events surrounding the adventurer Tamah and her submerged house south of Beregost. She of course is to be encountered in petrified form in Mutamin's Garden.

The Gnoll Stronghold, as one might suspect, originally had strong links to the world-shaking "career" of Cyric and was drastically affected when Cyric was forced to read Oghma's magical corrective text, "The True Life of Cyric".

The great secret revealed is that Tamah is actually the daughter of the famous witch Rinda who opposed Cyric in the struggles which destroyed Zhentil Keep. Some believe that the famous magical text may have been largely composed by Rinda, but that seems unlikely, unless Rinda was a secret bearer of Mystra's Bequest.

Tamah prudently chose to disappear via petrification after many adventures, one of which, rumored to be a set-piece battle using a new game-engine, is crucially set at Firewine Bridge after a long prelude involving Durlag's Tower-just as the devotees of Cyric were about to uncover her true identity, thanks to the indefatigable efforts of the infamous Beliache Nuberis [still to be found wandering the streets of Nashkel ]

The mind of Nuberis was of course broken in the final battle [in which Thalantyr played a key role] but Elminster, ever the Neutral Harper meddling, preserved the Tiefling Mage-Cleric as a sort of joke only known by himself and Volo, who also plays a key [albeit hapless and clueless] Deus ex Machina sort of role in the game.

Montresor_SPlolien
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    not many people knows that the familiar shares the same gender( or sex, i am not so able to discriminate the difference as english is not my native language) of charname.
    so if your neutral female charname mage uses the "bunny" limited wish choice while her familiar is not it the backpack there is a 99% chance the familiar becomes pregnant and after 4 weeks (in game time) you will find in the backpack 2d4 more baby familiars, each one adding hp to your charname.
    as familiars can not be dropped into some bag of holding managing inventory will become a big problem, but the advantage of the added HP can not be overlooked.
    lolienMontresor_SPStummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    *mutters darkly* Invading us with their Tim Horton's! But Our Krispy Kreme Battalltions and Dunkin Donuts troops will fight back!
    voidofopinionMontresor_SPThacoBell
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    I knew you couldn't be trusted...

:|
    mlnevesesemiticgoddessThacoBell
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Ardanis said:

possible Russian invasion of Alaska

That's called restoration of rightful ownership. Everybody knows the sale of Alaska was an illegal deal. Fear not, we'll refund the money paid, all $7.2 mil of it :D
    Denmark is only currently plotting to re-conquer the Danish West Indies (falsely called the "U.S. Virgin Islands") which were illegally sold in 1917. :mrgreen:
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrThacoBellgorgonzola
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2018
    So part of the US is for sale... can it be bought at a discount during black Friday?
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPAerakar
  • WormkingWormking Member Posts: 60
    Bhaal only had 4 mates during the times of trouble
    Montresor_SPThacoBell
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Tresset was lying when he said the Hyper Chicken Badge was a reward for finding legacy bugs in Baldur's Gate. In reality, the badge is awarded to people who helped design the highly-secretive Hyper Chicken, a genetically-engineered hyperactive chicken that can fire lasers from its eyes.

It was originally designed to heat up coffee, but that idea got abandoned after the chicken accidentally incinerated two interns and a teddy bear. Currently, it's being used to fight a kaiju off the coast of Hokkaido.
    Montresor_SPlolienmlneveseThacoBell
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Ignus' real name is Johnny Blaze.
    ThacoBell
    The "n" in ioun stone is silent.
    Montresor_SPThacoBellPermidion_Stark
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    The highly-secretive Hyper Chicken, a genetically-engineered hyperactive chicken that can fire lasers from its eyes.

@semiticgod How dare you call me a chicken!? The nerve. I eat bugs you know...
    edited February 2019
    In keeping with the theme of making new games based on popular board games like Dungeons and Dragons and Axis and Allies, Beamdog's next project will be a crossover MMORPG merging Monopoly with Cards Against Humanity.
    lolienAerakarMontresor_SPmlnevese
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    In keeping with the theme of making new games based on popular board games like Dungeons and Dragons and Axis and Allies, Beamdog's next project will be a crossover MMORPG merging Monopoly with Cards Against Humanity.

Well Monopoly does have a battleship piece :p
    mlneveseMontresor_SP
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2019
    Monopoly: Battle of the Seas confirmed... :wink:
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Montresor_SP
    If you leave your game unpaused for 20 hours without any input at all, your party will starve to death and you have to reload.
    If you leave your game unpaused for 20 hours without any input at all, thing that some people used to do to speed up jaheira romance in the past, and you are using the original game and an old tomato pc of 20 years ago you have a save or else chance to toast your computer :D
    Montresor_SPlolien
    do you know that you can beat each enemy of bg2 using several different tactics?
    but don't tell it to everybody, keep the sikret between us...
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited March 2019
    do you actually know that i know that i don't know what you really know unless i had used your shoes to walk at least a thousand miles?
    semiticgoddessMontresor_SP
    Are you sure you don't know, or do you just think you don't know because you underestimate your own self-awareness?

Did you actually know that the number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop is dependent on your Strength score? A half-orc with 19 Strength can do it in just 2 licks due to their tongue's sheer power.

Incidentally, that's also why Viconia is willing to romance half-orcs.
    gorgonzola
    edited March 2019
    @semiticgod i would have to use my shoes to walk at least a thousand miles to be sure to know if i know or if i don't know it.
    sadly in this unfortunate age of mass production and planned obsolescence i am not able to find shoes that last a thousand miles. :(