Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2019
    In the Baldur's Gate novel Angelo is a duke, is still the new leader of the fist, and actually helps Abdel in his final attack on Sarevok.
    RaduzielMontresor_SPlolienCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    elminster wrote: »
    In the Baldur's Gate novel Angelo is a duke, is still the new leader of the fist, and actually helps Abdel in his final attack on Sarevok.

Now THAT is strange. So different as to be unbelieveable.
    edited June 2019

Now THAT is strange. So different as to be unbelieveable.

3ky2yntw533p.png

Also I guess he's a half-elf in the novels (he's a human in the game).
    RaduzielCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Wait my eyes are failing to detect things that were never written and do not exist anywhere in reality... I just see a multidimensional blank space in your post. :)
    semiticgoddesselminsterMontresor_SPCrevsDaak
    edited June 2019
    I believe to preserve the text, but save humanity, a priest of Oghma may have scribed it down in invisible ink.

I may have cast "True Seeing" at some point before posting this. So it does exist in reality it just goes (thankfully) unnoticed by most people.
    mlneveseBalrog99Montresor_SPCrevsDaak
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I believe to preserve the text, but save humanity, a priest of Oghma may have scribed it down in invisible ink.

I may have cast "True Seeing" at some point before posting this. So it does exist in reality it just goes (thankfully) unnoticed by most people.

Wait, in the Forgotten Realms is "Invisible Ink" literally Ink that has been enchanted to be unseeable? Not like transparent ink that becomes visible when you heat it?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2019
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Is there a Priest of Oghma that can wipe the memory of those God-awful books from my brain and grant me back the time I wasted reading them?

I may still have a flux capacitor stored... Only need a DeLorean.
    Montresor_SPCrevsDaak
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Is there a Priest of Oghma that can wipe the memory of those God-awful books from my brain and grant me back the time I wasted reading them?

I may still have a flux capacitor stored... Only need a DeLorean.

Or any other car (or other vehicle; for example a steam locomotive) that can do 88 miles per hour. But I concede that if you're going to travel in time, you might as well do it in style.

Do remember to bring your own plutonium; you never know where to find that back in the dark ages late 1990s. :tongue:
    mlneveseWise_GrimwaldThacoBellCrevsDaak
    In Christianity also, magic is deemed evil, the only supernatural power being acceptable being divine power. So being a cleric would be OK, but a mage wouldn't. Of course in Judaism, Christianity and Islam a multiplicity of gods is not on as all three religions believe that there is only one God and worshipping other gods and idol worship is sin.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    In Christianity also, magic is deemed evil, the only supernatural power being acceptable being divine power. So being a cleric would be OK, but a mage wouldn't. Of course in Judaism, Christianity and Islam a multiplicity of gods is not on as all three religions believe that there is only one God and worshipping other gods and idol worship is sin.
    There's actually a theory that the ancient Jews did believe in the existence of multiple gods; Yahweh was merely their god, a superior god, and the only one they were allowed to worship. Judaism may have began as a henotheistic tradition rather than monotheistic. Apparently the Hebrew Bible mentions other gods in a way that suggests they were real.

Not that that meant the Hebrew Bible suggested those other gods had any legitimacy, or that worshipping them was a good idea. There's a line that pretty explicitly says, "Don't burn your newborn children to death to appease Moloch."
    StummvonBordwehrWise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    @semiticgod
    Are you suggesting that there is another semitic god?

Sorry couldnt help it....
    semiticgoddesslolienAerakarSanctifer
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Minsc and boo again? Hmmmm...
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    semiticgod wrote: »
    "Don't burn your newborn children to death to appease Moloch."

"... but do climb on top of his head to take the gems out of his eyes."

wn9wp3q0h3cu.png

According to Romans Ch2 Christians aren't allowed to rob even heathen temples: "You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?" Now THAT is something that I have problems getting my head round. :*
    OlvynChuru
    edited July 2019
    Having said that. Since the curse isn't ended until you kill Mendas as a solo player you could actually use this to farm XP from potential party members. While cursed, if the timer has expired, you simply add one of the NPC's to your party. They will immediately transform and you get to fight a Greater Wolfwere. It's like 8,000 XP for each one.
    Montresor_SPStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak