Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    @Prince_Raymond Please re-read the above comment (pay attention to the language used there) and my reply. As for hiring - those who want to apply, follow https://www.beamdog.com/careers/
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Also, the MP issue was fixed yesterday. I have just checked - everything works: creating a game, joining that game.
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    So ... on a different front .....

Do you guys have any new products - (not NWN renderer upgrade)

on IOS and Android planned? (Not asking for title name / specifics)

For me, the true value Beamdog always brought was in bringing quality titles to mobile.

Now - with focus being shown to Console and A & A not planned for mobile, I am a bit concerned.

I hope your commitment to new development / ports for mobile is not fading ?
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    What is the next step after the launch of the games on the console, and the war game? Is there a chance of a remake of Ultima? or even Jade Empire?
  • MulaheyMulahey Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Also, the MP issue was fixed yesterday. I have just checked - everything works: creating a game, joining that game.

https://ibb.co/6BVbx5y

Please check again. My friends and I haven't been able to connect the last few times we tried.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Mulahey wrote: »

https://ibb.co/6BVbx5y

Please check again. My friends and I haven't been able to connect the last few times we tried.

I just check and could connect just fine, hope you can also.
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    anastiel wrote: »
    What is the next step after the launch of the games on the console, and the war game? Is there a chance of a remake of Ultima? or even Jade Empire?

I'd like to see that and Beamdog did remaster Bioware's MDK2, but EA owns the right to Ultima and Jade Empire so you never know if they'd approve. Although EA did work with Petroglyph, which were made of ex-Westwood developers, to remaster Command & Conquer.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2019
    NWN:EE-related question: While using the DebugMode 1/dm_enablecombatdebugging 1 console function, I very recently discovered another issue with the combat UI. It seems all the factors contributing toward a character's attack and damage roll totals are calculated, except for the (Effect Attack Bonus) and (Effect Damage Bonus) from magic weapons and gloves. However, these bonuses are displayed and noted on the Character Sheet whenever the character equips magic gloves or a magic weapon of the type he/she is proficient in. Since both attack and damage rolls are a core function of the game itself and not just a rules issue, would it not make sense to have the combat UI factor these bonuses into the attack and damage roll totals in addition to the other contributing factors of the game? It defeats the purpose of having a magic weapon with an enhancement bonus, or magic gloves with an attack and damage bonus, when neither the weapon's enhancement bonus nor the gloves' attack and damage bonuses count. Could this issue please possibly be addressed in the Console/Mobile ports, then later the PC? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all. https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40722
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Never got a response about True Type Fonts the last several times I asked. I guess it's time to give up on NWN and answers :disappointed:.

This is actually answered:

The next patch for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is not quite ready. As we mentioned in December, once we started on the renderer and 64-bit integration in earnest, that became our main focus. We have a team dedicated to the renderer, and the 64-bit merge has happened, but we’ve got a road ahead of us before we’re going to be able to put a bow on it and make it public, as the console branch requires us to spend time adding controller support, to spend time cleaning up some long-overdue UI problems, and other changes that will have far-reaching benefits in the long run.

According to the plans in December, the next stable patch for NWN:EE will come out with new main menu art, Steam achievements, bug fixes and features, including True Type Font support, keyholing, and fine UI scaling.

So, True Type Fonts will come to NWN:EE, but because there is no new patch (and there is no new patch because all the efforts are on substantial changes to NWN:EE - the renderer and 64-bit integration; green-lighting a smaller patch (before the big work is completed) would mean spending QA and dev resources), True Type Fonts will happen later.

How come True Type Fonts aren't in the current development build? Can we still expect them in the next stable patch?
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Would Beamdog be interested or able to do a crowdfunding project to raise the necessary funds to reverse engineer an IDII EE?
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Afraid Hasbro—who own WotC—are on a strict “no crowdfunding” policy, for whatever reason.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    can we see beamdog games at epic games store?
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    @JuliusBorisov: What about Steam achievements? The game has been released over one whole (!!!!!) year ago in April 2018.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    fetito666 wrote: »
    @JuliusBorisov: What about Steam achievements? The game has been released over one whole (!!!!!) year ago in April 2018.

Are you referring to NWN:EE? Steam achievements are showing right now actually. It just barely happened, and I don't think they are functioning yet, but there are 47 of them.
    fetito666 wrote: »

Are you referring to NWN:EE? Steam achievements are showing right now actually. It just barely happened, and I don't think they are functioning yet, but there are 47 of them.

Yes, I am referring to the Steam version. :) I saw the blank achievements too.
    @fetito666 Steam achievements are live in the development build. I imagine they'll be adding artwork to them later, but you can unlock them if you opt into the development build.

Thank you!
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    I miss the old Baldur's Gate 2 launcher music. This is someone's re-creation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVuPi7KBlxg
    Could the original be used on the game select menu after launching BG2? It would be a great place to fit it, since it usually starts playing the menu music, and then restarts it after selecting which game you want to play. Or alternatively, use it in the beamdog launcher somehow?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    I am very much interested in the new NPC's from SoD. Are any future developments regarding these characters possible/planned from Beamdog side? Thank you.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    Again, why not simply ask them? @Beamdog What is your current business relationship status with Wizards of the Coast given the new scope of your development cycle? Has it been set in stone that 2.6 will be the final patch for the Baldur's Gate series of games? Will there be continual development and support for Neverwinter Nights following Patch 78.8188 Retail, or is the D&D license pretty much expired by then? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    Grond0 reported LOB mode being bugged on the 2.5 patch back in August 2018. You can see the post date in the general forum's bug reports section. The Path finding was broken at the same time by the same 2.5 patch. BG1, SOD and BG2 have been broken and unplayable for an entire year now. sigh.
    edited August 2019
    You guys can make all the excuses you want. It's garbage and should not be tolerated. Over a year is pathetic. Most people that are hard up enough to put up with such unprofessionalism and annoyances are playing with small parties or solo. This is a party based game by design BTW. If you don't play with a 6 character party or use LOB mode then it works for you but it's unplayable and broken for me and many others. I spent $200 on these old games for some minor improvements as well as quality loss in both the graphics and sound departments. We should not have to put up with this. Yes I am openly complaining about it now. If they can't fix what they broke in a timely manor then they should allow us to revert back to the last working version of the game.
    The problem here is not one or 2 bugs, no matter how noticeable they are, or important to certain players. The patch overall has been delayed many times, not one fix. We've been as open as possible about the patch, plans regarding it, changes of those plans, and approximate timelines.
    edited August 2019
    I understand that you want to fix more than a couple bugs but it's not that hard to leave a link or a separate button on the Beamdog Client to download the previous version of the game is it? Minor bugs are not a concern, game breaking path finding issues are and should be hot fixed immediately. It's been a year bro, get it together. How do you expect people to buy Beamdog's new games if your old ones don't work and clearly have poor support? The original 1998 version works better than 2.5.