Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited August 2019
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Potions of genius are now for sale in the U.K.

Edit: At 3% alcohol it may take multiple potions to get the full effect...

If somebody takes multiple potions they might THINK that they are a genius, but that is an illusion.

People with a lot of CH3CH2OH in their blood, often think that they are very funny, but those who are sober know that they have misled themselves.

Not to mention your body turns the CH3CH2OH into

ad907kb5hhzv.png

with dire consequences the next morning...

Edit: Guess I should explain - Google 'acetaldehyde'.
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarmlnevese
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited August 2019
    @Balrog99 Very insightful.

When I was out with the Street Angels last night, we came across another problem of too much alcohol.

A woman was lying on the floor and shaking violently. :'(

Fortunately her husband was with her and we were able to get her home. Still not a good end to a night out.
    Balrog99Aerakarsemiticgoddessmlnevese
  • DaxTheTrillDaxTheTrill Member Posts: 11
    $50 ... that's way too steep.
    However, did you know there are studies which show that gamers make good surgeons. Its because gamer surgeons have better hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/video-gamers-make-good-surgeons/
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarThacoBellmlnevese
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    $50 ... that's way too steep.

I feel like I missed something here. What costs $50?
    ThacoBell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Balquo wrote: »
    Did you know that plate mail is the "key" to opening the locked drawer behind Winthrop.

I don't get the reference here. Is there a locked drawer behind Winthrop?
    elminster wrote: »
    Did you know that plate mail is the "key" to opening the locked drawer behind Winthrop.

He's talking about the chest with the scrolls for Armor and Infravision. Platemail (Plat01.itm) is the key to open it.

Thanks for that. I thought there was some secret drawer I had completely missed and I thought I had to buy a suit of plate mail to get it to open.
    elminster

He's talking about the chest with the scrolls for Armor and Infravision. Platemail (Plat01.itm) is the key to open it.

Thanks for that. I thought there was some secret drawer I had completely missed and I thought I had to buy a suit of plate mail to get it to open.

Yea me too so I ended up looking it up. It did sound familiar though. :)
    Permidion_Stark

Of course the only way you are going to get that in the prologue is from dead guards.

However, if you are a thief, you don't need a key. :D
    elminsterAerakarJuliusBorisov
    edited August 2019

Of course the only way you are going to get that in the prologue is from dead guards.

However, if you are a thief, you don't need a key. :D

Or someone with 12 strength (and a lot of patience) or higher. Tried doing it with lower then that with no luck. So I'm assuming this is the practical cutoff.
    Wise_GrimwaldlolienJuliusBorisov
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    What's the deal with the trap on that cupboard? When I'm a thief I can detect a trap on that cupboard, and gain some experience for disarming it, but if I open the cupboard without disarming it no trap goes off.
    Balrog99ThacoBellAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Chronicler wrote: »
    What's the deal with the trap on that cupboard? When I'm a thief I can detect a trap on that cupboard, and gain some experience for disarming it, but if I open the cupboard without disarming it no trap goes off.

I've noticed that too. Likely when I play a halfling thief and get the nice bonus thief skills. I usually max lockpick to get the awesome loot upstairs.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    Chronicler wrote: »

I've noticed that too. Likely when I play a halfling thief and get the nice bonus thief skills. I usually max lockpick to get the awesome loot upstairs.

I think that is just a way of introducing a newbie to traps safely. Yes, that loot is excellent. If you are solo it enables you to get some great equipment at Beregost.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    edited August 2019
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Solo characters can commit suicide by using a charm effect on themselves.

That sounds familiar.
    Montresor_SPBalrog99Arvia
    OlvynChuru wrote: »

And solo shamans can commit suicide by cast Ether Gate on themselves.

To balance the game we need a mod that makes it possible for thieves to backstab themselves and fighters to whack themselves in the head with an axe. And Jesters to demoralise themselves with their own singing.

And Druids to change form for so long that they become stuck in their form.
    edited August 2019

And Druids to change form for so long that they become stuck in their form.

Or to change form to become a fish, so that they become like a fish out of water. :D
    elminster
  • WatchForWolvesWatchForWolves Member Posts: 183
    To balance the game we need a mod that makes it possible for thieves to backstab themselves and fighters to whack themselves in the head with an axe. And Jesters to demoralise themselves with their own singing.

We need critical failure tables, like in Fallout.

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Also known as the "Joy Division" effect.
    Permidion_StarkAerakardunbar
    BillyYank wrote: »

Also known as the "Joy Division" effect.

Which is all the excuse I need to post a link to the Ian Curtis rides a rollercoaster video:

AerakarSanctifer
    That if you have a charisma of 18 you get the following benefits:

In Candlekeep you are given a dagger +1 for delivering the bolts.

In the FAI you are given a few potions of slow poison from the man who wants you to clear his house of spiders.

If you rescue the cat in the waterfall, you are given a scroll as a reward.

I think that there are other benefits.

A drawback of having high charisma as that you are not given Lord Foreshadow's ring.
    ZaghoulBalrog99semiticgoddessThacoBell