Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese wrote: »
    JoenSo wrote: »
    You never played tennis with a randomized timer bomb inside the ball?!

When normal tennis is too boring and Russian roulette doesn't give you enough exercise.

When you want to be a healthy medium rare corpse :)

FTFY! :wink:
    mlneveseProont
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I refused to birbe him, and now i can walk with my undead army, but being more experienced then before, having learned some high level scrolls that before i could not find and having some valuable gems in my gem bag ;)
    ThacoBellMontresor_SPProontMERLANCE
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Neverused
    I mean according to Buffy anything wooden and sharp can be used as a stake.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Neverused wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, with regards to the stakes, you find them inside a desk, correct? Is it possible it's a quick fake for breaking the desk apart and MAKING it into a bunch of stakes? Table-legs should work just fine...

i was actually thinking about that myself recently since i just finished bodhi round 2 yesterday, i thought; perhaps the reason why there are stakes in this area IS because you are breaking off pieces of wood to make them
    as carpenter and cabinet maker i am horrified at the idea of breaking ancient and probably valuable furniture, bring instead some mundane not enchanted staff with you!

i can understand if a barbarian half orc charname leaded party does it, but i strongly condemn that act if done by a charname that is supposed to have some politeness and taste, like a bard.

;):D
    ChroniclermlneveseProontSon_of_Imoen

As far as I'm concerned; politeness and taste go out the window when the person or persons involved are trying to kill me.
    very true, even if a vampire you can stake to death is anyway no more a risk for you.
    if it would be possible while in combat it would have been very different, and stakes would have been incredibily OP.

Montresor_SPProont
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    giphy.gif

The only explanation you need when something in the game doesn't make sense :)
    gorgonzolaProontsarevok57Montresor_SP
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    giphy.gif

The only explanation you need when something in the game doesn't make sense :)

also the only solution you need when a battle seem to be borderline to impossible in the game ;)
    Proontmlneveselroumensarevok57
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned: oral testimony of Some Guy ("yeah, I totally saw them murdering Rieltar and co!") is enough to get you convicted, even if you are well known hero.
    gorgonzolaThacoBellProontPermidion_Stark
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    It's weird, now that I think about it, that BG2 had a mechanic for staking vampires in their coffin after you killed them, to prevent them from coming back to life, but it had no comparable mechanic for the liches, for whom that's kind of their whole gimmick.

Like if you sold me a vampire that could be killed less circuitously, I'd buy it easily. Blade never has to chase the vampire mist back to its coffin to finish the job. But with the liches it's kind of a pretty glaring omission.
    Proont
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    In IWD you have indeed to find and destroy the phylactery of a lich to destroy it completely, tho.
    ChroniclerProont
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    That's even weirder. Icewind Dale was made before BG2, so in theory even ignoring vampires they had already done all the work to implement phylacteries.
    Proont
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Vampires I think were to make an easy trigger event for Bodhi spawning or become vulnerable. It would've been a bit awkward for her to spawn wherever you killed Lassal: probably in that spike room.
    Proont
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Artona
    If you want things to be even more confusing I added an extra mage to Sarevok's early game entourage in my Fanfic Adaption.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @ZaramMaldovar - that's what fanfics are for. :D Just don't name him "Ekim" or "Bob", or something. ;)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited October 2019
    Artona wrote: »
    @ZaramMaldovar - that's what fanfics are for. :D Just don't name him "Ekim" or "Bob", or something. ;)

I think we can guess what @ZaramMaldovar will call his mage, he's always telling about his favourite creation.
    ArtonaZaramMaldovargorgonzolaProont