Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    The missing creatures is a code bug in the latest dev patch, .21. It only manifests on the NWSync-served variant. It'll be fixed for the next patch, definitely before stable!
    Prince_RaymondSylvus_MoonbowJuliusBorisov
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2021
    I have both ee and original version of nwn1 from gog, if I want to play aielund saga, which version should I use for better stability and less buggy?

Read some missing creature bug and here and at steam discussion thread...gog is still .20 ,not sure when it will be .21
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2021
    The non currator version works well, I advise you to play it on the stable EE version (not the .21)
    I had the same bugs reported above, I wanted to post them on this forum by comparing the behavior between the currator version and the module on the workshop and I quickly understood that it came from the .21
    To pass the golden dragon, you have to put a flag on your character (I don't remember the name, I opened the discussion on the editor), that's how I did it.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    Jinashi wrote: »
    The non currator version works well, I advise you to play it on the stable EE version (not the .21)
    I had the same bugs reported above, I wanted to post them on this forum by comparing the behavior between the currator version and the module on the workshop and I quickly understood that it came from the .21
    To pass the golden dragon, you have to put a flag on your character (I don't remember the name, I opened the discussion on the editor), that's how I did it.

Do you mean if I play on Gog EE .20 version, installing the modules manually from the vault and it should be fine?
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    yes
    xiaoleiwen
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    April 10, and the curated version is still not working on the new development build. There appear to be files missing. As soon as the curator installer hits a file it can't find, the whole thing just stops and says "failed".
    megamike15
  • JaceradJacerad Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to double check related to @Niv's comment above
    niv wrote: »
    The missing creatures is a code bug in the latest dev patch, .21. It only manifests on the NWSync-served variant. It'll be fixed for the next patch, definitely before stable!
    , does this refer to the missing creatures mentioned in act 2 SPOILERS (giant king, deathmist etc.) SPOILERS ?

I haven't played the module before, very much enjoying it but having issues where some pretty important creatures aren't appearing.

I'm hoping this is what's being referenced and it's aiming to be fixed with the patch.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    April 10, and the curated version is still not working on the new development build. There appear to be files missing. As soon as the curator installer hits a file it can't find, the whole thing just stops and says "failed".

This is because we still haven't released an update (a new Dev build). We're working on it. Thanks for your patience.
    Savant1974Isewein
  • RhokarRhokar Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2021
    And it looks like Act V (The Fall of Aeilund Part 2) still does not load, even after having been added to the semi-official material.
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Just tested it, it's working at my end so I've no idea what issue you're having sorry.
    JuliusBorisov
    Hello, Savant, and thank you for this wonderful piece of work! Truly the most enjoyable campaign of any for me in all my time with this game.

I believe I may have solved the problem: 99% of the campaign runs for me just fine in the "highest" graphics setting, but I had a similar problem with the Cairnwood forest. I solved that by turning it to "lowest" just for that area. I tried the same thing just now to get the "West of Tusonite Camp" to load, and that seems to have worked.

Thanks again for all your work on this series!
    AerakarSavant1974
    Glad you got it sorted, and thank you!
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited June 2021
    I seem to have stumbled on a problem with the Vault version of Aielund 4, Part III, on the new NWN:EE build. (8193.23). Terinus does not materialize in his room right at the beginning. The black cat is there, and talks to me before running off, then a convo with the brownies starts. But when I get to the end of that conversation, and go to Terinus' room, he's.. a ghost. When I am out of sight/range of the room, and use the TAB key, I can sometimes see his name, and even sometimes a tranlucent image of him there,, but if I actually enter the room, there is nobody. Truesight doesn't help either.

I have just recently finished a playthrough on the previous released build of NWN, so this problem is new with .23.

Edit: Later, I will try exporting my character, remove the old version of Aielund, and try again with the Beamdog download.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Having trouble with Aielund module by NatEe. This is the module that’s PRC+CEP merged. Was wondering if maybe it’s a cep 2.65 issue and need to use 2.60 strictly? Loads up fine but it’s very hard to move and open chests. And can’t open doors.
    Merging Aielund with the prc was a bold move, anything could happen! No idea how to help with that one sorry.

The terinus ghost issue is a new one. I suspect inexplicable things like this will appear from time to time as new builds come along.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Just to be sure does Aielund saga on NWvault require cep 2.6 or 2.65 or does it matter?
    I'm not sure if that matters, only that 2.6 was the minimum. Unless of course 2.65 changes earlier files within.
    Hi. I'm having the same problem as rashkae. No Terinus at the begining of the final act. I can talk to the two brownies, but in Terinus's room you can hit tab and see his label, but there is no object/person to interact with.
    edited June 2021
    The problem with Terinus is the same with the Beamdog download version. I have restarted this module dozens of times, and tried cleaning out all my user game folders, with no change. So I have to ask,, has anyone confirmed that this module still works for *anyone* on game version 8193.23?

The problem occurs with the trigger that displays the black cat dialogue. Both the Black Cat and Terinus disappear at the same time. Speculation on my part, but I think Terinus should be in reverse? Ie, he should be appearing when the black cat disappears.) For anyone wanting to play the game in it's current state, if you have this problem, you can work around with debug mode to jump out of the starting room without triggering the Black cat. (you can recruit the 2 companions shortly afterwards.) But be careful to not step in the small room with the black cat afterwards. (That is, until the portal is activate and Terinus walks into it himself.)
    Post edited by rashkae on
    Confirmed that it's happening at my end as well :( Not sure if it's the mod or recent EE changes causing this.
    edited June 2021
    Oh, definitely the new patch.. as I stated earlier, just finished this campaign on the previous release, no glitches whatsoever.

Edit: Unfortunately, I have been unable to open NWN toolsets since upgrading my PC a several months ago, so I can not inspect what script/function might be misbehaving.
    Savant1974
    rashkae, if you wouldn't mind walking me through the DebugMode commands that you used to make that work? I have used the console before so I know in general how to use it.
    @Rhokar : When you're in Debug Mode, pressing the + key on the numeric keypad will teleport you to the location of the mouse cursor. Easiest way, Prest Ctrl-Shift F12 Keys to open Debug Gui, put a check mark in Debug Mode, move your mouse cursor to the hallway outside of the portal room you start in, and press the + key. Be sure to turn off Debug Mode, then you can close the Gui with Ctrl-Shift F12 again.

Alternatively, in console, you can type DebugMode 1 and DebugMode 0 to toggle debug mode. You might also be able to type ##DebugMode in in the chat bar, (I forget if that's NWN2 only.)
    Thanks! That did work. Was able to talk to him and get the long dialogue sequences.

However, I'm still stuck because after the convo, he goes and stands in front of his lab, and keeps saying "come, I shall show you to the lab", but won't say anything else and doesn't undo the magic barrier. Is this a glitch still, or am I supposed to do something to get into the lab?
    He might have a tendency to get stuck there.. just nudge him to move a bit, then talk to him again and he'll get the door.

I just finished the campaign, and did not notice any other weirdness.
    Savant1974
    Thank you again, rashkae! Your trick worked. Nudged him around a couple times, then he opened the way.
    Savant1974
  • djoki96djoki96 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I'm playing Act I on EE and I've noticed that the town isn't completely flooded, anymore. Is that a visual bug or was something changed in (relatively) recent versions?
    The mod hasn't been changed so it'll likely be a bug or a change to something in the game itself.
    Notabarbiegirl
  • garydagaryda Member Posts: 9
    Ok Playing Nature abhors brought back the princess no one seems to recognize her as such Tried dropping her from the party talked to both the mayor and the marshal both tell me I need to hurry up and rescue the princess even though she is standing right there. Talking to her gets you nothing. taking her out of the party and talking to her gets you a conversation screen starting with a question about bartletts attire Clicking on the question takes you back to the character tactics screen even though she isn't currently a party member.
  • garydagaryda Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2021
    Went back to last save Found Bartlett's body and then picked up the Princess no one recognizes the princess again The princess now says she wants to go to culdeny but the gate is locked