Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
This is a list of all the new notable magic items in BG:EE.
I am not including underwhelming ones like daggers +1 and stuff like that

A list of items in SoD can be found here:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/53498/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-siege-of-dragonspear-spoilers

A list of items in BG2:EE can be found here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23853/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg2ee-spoilers

Weapons:

Bastard Swords

Albruin +1 (Immunity to poison, +2 damage bonus, detect illusion once per day, "silver" attribute) - Simmeon (part of Dorns storyline), just outside Baldurs gate, near Quayle.

Scimatars

Wakizashi +1 - dropped durin Dorn's ambush, when he joins you.
Ninjato +1 - Baldurs gate sewers in cocoon near ogre mage and carrion crawlers
Scimitar +1 - Ogre mage in bg sewers [v1.1.2014]
Rashad's Talon +2 (Standard scimitar +2) - Cloakwood 2, on cliff overlooking sea in the south of the area. This may disappear if you don't collect it the first time you visit cloakwood 2.

Long swords

Harrower + 1 (+1 longsword which is +3 vs undead) - 2 locations: Zeela (one of the amazon warriors) outside the exit of nashkel mines drops it, also Elkart, in the blade and stars inn

Katanas

Katana +1 - Ogre mage, 3rd floor of cloakwood mines

Great Swords

Rancor +1 (+1 greatsword, which gets +1 to hit when you have killed someone) - Dorn's starting sword

Staffs

Neera's staff +1 (+1 staff with a small chance to damage target with extra fire damage, and a small chance to damage Neera with fire damage instead) - Neera's starting staff
Quaterstaff +2 - Laskal, Cloakwood 3

Halberds

The chelsey crusher (Halberd +2, Sets attacks per round to 1, +4 damage bonus) - Found on ignot the gnoll, in area to the East of Gnoll fortress

Clubs

Club +1 - Krum, area east of gnoll fortress.
Night Club +1 (Thac0 +1,+2 at night) - in a chest in entar sivershield's garden in Baldur's gate [v1.1.2012]
Might oak (Club +2) -Shadow druid leader, cloakwood 3, inside treehouse.

Slings

Sling of unerring accuracy (+2 to hit) - 2 locations: Black lily, thieves guild (purchasable), 2nd floor of spurlging sturgeon

Flails

The Thresher (+2 Flail) - Sorcerous sundries (purchasable)

Spears

Spear +2 - Baldurs gate north, Merchant's league doorman

Maces

The Stupefier +1 (Mace with 25% chance to stun target for 1d4 rounds no save) - 2nd floor of burning wizard inn, beregost

Axes

The golden axe +1 (10% chance of casting dispel on target) - Fenton, middle west bg, in locked house in south east corner.

War hammers

Hammer of dawn +1 (User is under nondetection) - Brathlan (guide in the hall of wonders)

Ammunition:

Darts of Acid/Fire/Ice - High hedge (purchasable)
Bullets of Electricity/Fire/Ice - High hedge (purchasable)
Beruel's retort (Throwing axes +1) - Blacksmith in Beregost (purchasable)

Armour:

Rugged leathers +2 (-15% move silently penalty) - Neera's personal quest
Karaj studded leather +3 - Chest on bottom floor of durlags tower
Magma bulwark +2 (Plate +2, Lighter than regular plate) - Container in the Undercity
Elven chainmail (Can cast spells while wearing) - The cleric in the fight with Simmeon [v1.1.2012]

Items:

Amulet of spell warding - (+2 to saves vs spells) -Kryll, Area south east of Nashkel mines (part of Dorn's storyline)
Moonlight walkers (+2 bonus to AC) - Rasaad's starting equipment.
Belt of antipode (100% resist frost, but 100% vulnerability to fire) - On Gorion's body after ambush
Glimmering bands - Gamaz - Cloudpeaks temple (part of Rasaads quest) - +2 to hit bonus
Buckley's Buckler (+1 CON) - Friendly arm inn (purchasable)
Adoy's belt (+5 to saves vs polymorph/pertification) - Adoy

Cursed items

Iron thorn ring (turns you into a zombie) - 2 locations: Bandit camp (in a hut), Cloakwood 2 same location as Rashad's Talon
Big fisted belt, Cursed belt of hill giant strength (sets strength to 19 but int to 6) - Cloudpeaks temple (part of Rasaads quest) inside a locked chest in acolytes quarters.
The Ossifier *cursed* (+1 quaterstaff which casts barkskin on the target when you hit) - Aleppo discount store
The gold digger + 1 - (Removes 10g from your inventory every time you hit) - Aleppo discount store
Backbiter +3 - Orsmadi (Larswood druid)

Misc:

Gem bag - Neera's starting equipment
Potion case - High hedge store (purchasable)
Scroll case - Firebead quest reward (beregost) [v1.1.2011]

Scrolls

High hedge, Feldepost's inn and Sorcerous sundries all sell new spells

Notable others:

Find familiar - Nimbul
Spell thrust - Venkt (bandit camp tazok's tent)
Fireshield (red) - Kysus (assassins outside cloakwood mines)
Fireshield (blue) - Resar (thieves guild)
Spider spawn - Niemain (2nd floor sorcerous sundries)
Detect illusion - Hallacan (Gullykin ambush)
Remove magic- Andris (ice caverns) or red wizards, in area to north of bassilisk area
Stoneskin - 2 available - dezkiel (ice caverns) or a red wizard in Adoy's encave (neera's quest)
Minor sequence - Top floor of iron throne building
Wraithform - Sakul, Underneath candlekeep
Glitterdust - Demonknight in durlag's tower, Tranzig

Notable extras:

All these items already existed in the game, but these are additional copies of them.

Extra gauntlets of weapon expertise in bandit camp chest in Tazok's tent
Extra golden girdle - Simmeon, just outside bg, near quayle (part of Dorns storyline)
Extra fallorian's plate +1 - Simmeon, just outside bg, near quayle (part of Dorns storyline)
Extra boots of avoidance - Melkin, Baldurs gate duchal palace area
Extra Destroyer of hills girdle - SW Baldurs gate merchant (purchasable)
Extra boots of speed - Kill Lothander (Baldurs Gate)
Extra Robe of the Evil Archmagi - Baeloth [v1.1.2012]
Extra cloak of non detection - Ordulinian in Sorcerous Sundries. Turn in Arkion's amulet and Nemphre's ring.

Other:

The Demon knight at the bottom of durlag's tower now drops the helm of opposite alignment when killed. Previously, he only dropped this if you killed him when he briefly attacks you in the entrance hall. [v.1.2]
Ankheg plate now stacks with rings of protection
Rings of wizardry no longer stack with themselves. (so you cant equip more that one on the same mage)
Ogre mages will now drop normal katanas or scimitars unless otherwise specified. Katanas are not affected by the iron crisis.

Item Codes

Huge thanks to Kaigen for putting these together

Albruin +1: SW1H34
Wakizashi +1: SW1H47
Ninjato +1: SW1H49
Harrower +1: SW1H79
Katana +1: SW1H44
Rancor +1: SW2HD1
Neera's Staff +1: STAFN1
Quarterstaff +2: STAF18
The Chesley Crusher +2: HALB13
Club +1: BLUN36
Night Club +1: BLUN38
Mighty Oak +2: BLUN37
Sling of Unerring Accuracy: SLNG11
The Thresher +2: BLUN39
Spear +2: SPER05
The Stupefier +1: BLUN41
The Golden Axe +1: AX1H19
Hammer of Dawn +1: HAMM13

Dart of Fire/Ice/Acid +1: DART09/10/11
Bullet of Fire/Ice/Electricity: BULL07/08/09
Beruel's Retort +1: AX1H18

Rugged Leathers +2: LEAT25
Karajah's Leather Armor +3: LEAT09
The Magma Bulwark +2: PLAT24
Elven Chain Mail: CHAN12

Amulet of Spell Warding: AMUL25
Moonlight Walkers: RSBOOT
Belt of Antipode: BELT16
Glimmering Bands: RSBRAC
Buckley's Buckler: SHLD33
Adoy's Belt: NEBELT01

The Iron Thorn: RING47
Big-Fisted Belt: BELT15
The Ossifier: STAF25
Gold Digger +1: SW2H22
Backbiter +3: SPER03

Gem Bag: BAG02
Potion Case: BAG06
Scroll Case: BAG03
Post edited by ajwz on
DragonspearRythgarKirinaldoryuken87KortokIchigoRXCPhilhelmbbearMoomintrollsunset00JaxsbudgieSedMechaliburAbdel_AdrianQuartzHelloteamLorinall[Deleted User]TuckerkdaliTurelusFlauschigAbelSirrionPluc082artificial_sunlightmarfigAwong124KenTeflonVissiousJoeWalkerrevaargustonBurfiakGuarocuyaFrecheTanthalasNiphireBelgarathMTHForsePantalionMaiNoKenKriegerGloomfrostand_then_ormuswellbrookeainterplayArturMetallomanDinsdalePiranhaAstafasFenghoangSenashankhegRAM021ioanguKidCarnivalSebokanDjimmyAristilliusmoopysharpiejasneleotheszeetotheoArndascitizenxotoanwrathpipinhoSnakebaneWanderonErgmement0LemernisBearThingsivistojkoXavioriaThe_Guilty_PartyJTMDarkDoggWilburRnRClownFafnirbersbachFelspawnreedmilfamelementHaHaCharadeStrayedMonkeyEudaemoniummars0124TeacherThermosDetroitRedWings25LockTJ_HookerPibaroTPSullivan1dstoltzfusMokonakamuizinDecrepitDragonDurothilIlphalarDeMarcogonPalanthisgeorgelappies23dutch45manTwilight_Fox[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDelminsterLisandruSifjarStarflower2525SouthpawBasillicumCactusCorvinosobiyangMoonsongSethDavisGemHoundenqenqraeDarksheerPekingduckmansine_locoEnterHaerDalisWolkTwoWayFinessesqualltheonlyjahes64ElendarHetyElrandirDexteruh6091bMERLANCEKloroxJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaakKoyoteKilivitzSeiklislunarhaloHudzyGrumhaniatri72Qwazicalgore101GrifMirageWithinAmnesiagattberserkDurenasGriboeNildarwoowoovoodoolazutuYann1989diabolicommRaduzielGrammarsaladsemiticgoddessrede9jessejmcAndreaColombomonicoGrond0

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Should I try to include descrip[tion of what they do as well?
    KirinaldoHelloteamSenash
  • RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    Kudos. By all means, post whatever you know!
    Helloteam
    Updated with item descriptions where needed
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Does anyone know if normal non-magical katanas break in this game and also where they can be bought?
    Currently the normal katanas dont break
    You can buy some in baldurs gate (for example I saw some in one of the generic merchant shops in the same area as the flaming fist barracks
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Ok thanks!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Sooo, what about magic clubs. :D
    Oxford_GuySwordsNotWords
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    "Big fisted belt - Cursed belt of hill giant strength - Cloudpeaks temple (part of Rasaads quest) - this is actually quite good - sets strength to 19 but int to 6"

Holy crap, just the item Rasaad needs to be viable in combat! Just need to give him some good AC bracers and he'll be a decent fighter. The +2 scimatar would certainly help make up for the fact that his fists are useless vs Magical Creatures in BG1.
    HelloteamRazaDelrom
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    IchigoRXC said:

Yes, I though the Root of the Problem +1/+3 vs."unnatural creatures" (whatever they are) was going to be restored? Clubs need some love....
    Its not a complete list I'm sure. Please help me if you find more.
  • parklis2parklis2 Member Posts: 5
    anyone found a elven chain mail yet?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    Are you suggesting that there are no new armors in the game? :p@ajwz
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    The belt that sets your strength and intelligence. That is a great boost if your starting intelligence is 3! At least now you can withstand 1 mindflayer attack.
    lolien
    Worth pointing out too that the ankheg armour now stacks with ring of protection
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    @AlexDeLarge
    Can get a standard katana from the start at the Candlekeep Inn (and/or the 2 others japanese scimetars-like), for 750GP!
    ... especially if you are a rogue with lockpick skill ; directly at the first floor, there is a locked chest with a 1000GP jewel... just saw that with a swashbukler with his lockpick at 65 (all his starting points in).. :)
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    ajwz said:

Worth pointing out too that the ankheg armour now stacks with ring of protection

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this! It always annoyed the crap out of me that the ankheg armour (which is technically not magical) was mutually exclusive with +protection items.
    Oxford_GuyRnRClownKlorox
  • AdelonAdelon Member Posts: 4
    Just found the Chestley Crusher a +2 Halberd that sets atack speed to 1 but gives +6 dmg +2 thaco, so slow but deadly.. Its found in dryad falls on ignot
    ajwzsunset00MoomintrollTwig
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    In the FAI:

There's "Buckley's Buckler" +1 AC +1 CON - nice! Thieves get some love

ajwz
    Adelon said:

Just found the Chestley Crusher a +2 Halberd that sets atack speed to 1 but gives +6 dmg +2 thaco, so slow but deadly.. Its found in dryad falls on ignot

@Adelon: will add it but what is dryad falls on ignot?
    Found stoneskin :)
    Oxford_GuyQuartzCrevsDaak
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    ajwz said:

FANTASTIC
  • AdelonAdelon Member Posts: 4
    ajwz said:

Adelon said:

dryad falls in the name of the location, ignot is a gnoll

its where the dryad ask for help and where you can rescue a cat for a little girl
    ajwz
    Adelon said:

ajwz said:

Adelon said:

dryad falls in the name of the location, ignot is a gnoll

its where the dryad ask for help and where you can rescue a cat for a little girl
    Thanks! Everyone who finds something new is getting a like from me.
    sunset00Paulg
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited November 2012

IchigoRXC said:

Yes, I though the Root of the Problem +1/+3 vs."unnatural creatures" (whatever they are) was going to be restored? Clubs need some love....
    Am about to change those 2 proficiency points of Jaheira to Scimitar (or at least 1); Clubs are a non-existent joke in BG1. Have to play a good party for BG2 business stuff and she ain't that bad...
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    parklis2 said:

anyone found a elven chain mail yet?

I wonder this as well. I really hope I didn't make a gimped character based on believing they'd put one in there like they said they would.
  • ZanianZanian Member Posts: 332
    The Gold Digger +1 is missing its description, but it's not a cursed item. So far, all I know is it's a 1D10+4 sword. So not at all shabby.
    Also, have anyone found any decent warhammers and maces? My cleric needs some more firepower.
    ajwz
    Zanian said:

The Gold Digger +1 is missing its description, but it's not a cursed item. So far, all I know is it's a 1D10+4 sword. So not at all shabby.
    Also, have anyone found any decent warhammers and maces? My cleric needs some more firepower.

Can you post its full description if possible?
  • KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    Area 5200
    Krumm (the guy with the Golden of Bluntness) drops a +1 club also. The graphics shows it as a regular club and you dont have to Identify it.

Also the Smithy in Beragost sells a new special throwing axe, in stacks of 5. Forgot the name.
    ajwz
  • KhrondorKhrondor Member Posts: 54
    Either Sendai (the chick from Amn, south of Naskel) or the 4 chick bounty hunters (north of where you come out after Naskel mines are clear) dropped "Harrower", I forget which. Hope it helps some though. I remeber it looked like a regular +1 longsword graphicswise.
    ajwz