Skip to content

BGEE Mod Compatibility Thread

Comments

• MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    This time I tried installing BG Tweaks to the 766 folder where the Chitin.key is located, but now there is no 'Dialog.tlk'.

Please give instructions on how to install BG Tweaks to BGEE!
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited November 2012
    Shin said:

It's not a modding thing @Cuv, this was a feature in vanilla BG, and works properly in BGT with ToBEx. For example there's an encounter in Beregost with a woman in a house who asks you to leave before her husband gets home. If you charm her and talk to her again she'll say she wishes she could run away with you and gives you a ring to remember her by. A bit of a shame if such things have been lost in translation, as it were.

It is a huge shame... Specially if one is determined next play through will be as this mind controller type of a mage person. I was always 50/50 determined to wait for at least couple of mods til I begin anyhow(NPC project) this just made it a very easy decision.

EDIT I still haven't confirmed it myself wether or not this is broken in BG:EE.. I booted up unmodded GoG version of vanilla BG. Unlike I remembered, Candlekeep assassins did NOT have anything to say afterall. It is possible to speak with the mage Assassin on stairs of Friendly Arm Inn though. (< - Outcome of this is disappointing though, he just repeats his earlier dialogue and then breaks the charm) This same thing happens in BG:EE. Still not 100% sure if people who actually DO have custom-made dialogue when charmed say their bits or not in BG:EE

I wonder if a mod that moves missing cutscenes of original to EE is being worked on? It bothers me nothing happens on my screen when I rest in an inn.

Post edited by Stradlin on
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    Information for Windows XP Users:

Read this

Step 3
    Hardlinks not working on Windows 8, I hate when people only support ancient obsolete OSes for things like this.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Shadowkeeper is an ancient tool
    EdwinCrevsDaak
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    thank you @CamDawg for the awesome work!
    quick question: BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component of the tweak pack returns error messages, bug, or is it just not currently up to date with BGEE?

I'd really love to use BG1-style prof. system :)
    edited November 2012
    Im not trying that, Im trying BG Tweaks which while old, was also recently updated to support BGEE, bit only if you have Windows XP to do that hardlinking.

I've tried doing hardlinking in Windows 8, and the tool needed also doesnt work in Windows 8.

I blame Beamdog though, why did they have to change the default directories for everything so much? Nothing works because dialog.tlk isnt in the correct folder.
    edited November 2012
    ITS NOT WORKING!

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    @Mungri
    Did you create the override folder?

thank you @CamDawg for the awesome work!
    quick question: BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies component of the tweak pack returns error messages, bug, or is it just not currently up to date with BGEE?

I'd really love to use BG1-style prof. system :)

Email me the debug file and I'll take a look.

Oh, now it works with an over ride folder. But the language in shadowkeeper is all messed up (changed my point in quarterstaffs to scimitar as I changed my mind, thats all).
    edited November 2012
    sent to the address in the debug file, ty.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Is there any word about a compatible Weidu?
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    I noticed the thieves galore component from 1pp doesn't work (i.e. Montaron appearance: why does his sprite look like warrior?) (I didn't install any mods)
  • pukingdogpukingdog Member Posts: 25
    a thing i have tried with shadowkeeper is asign a 2 handed sword +1 to my weapon slot.
    i tried a inventory slot to.
    in both cases the weapon got stuck, and i could not remove it anymore.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    @Shin and @Stradlin Then those should be in BG:EE already. If a particular one is not and is supposed to be, let us know. @CamDawg? You got any insight on this?
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    I've been wondering about this so thanks for the info. I didn't use many mods with old vanilla BG, maybe a tutu at best but i was wondering if either spellhold studios or gib3 were working on it.
  • swnmcmlxiswnmcmlxi Member Posts: 297

Shadowkeeper is an ancient tool

BG is an ancient game. :)
    Vintrastorm
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Cuv said:

@Shin and @Stradlin Then those should be in BG:EE already. If a particular one is not and is supposed to be, let us know. @CamDawg? You got any insight on this?

Yeah, I thought we got those as well, but it wasn't something I was testing. I remember it getting mixed up with being able to charm creatures and not having them always go hostile--like I said, I thought that got ironed out.

Cuv
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

1) Open "...Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\"

2) Copy "baldur.ini", "characters", and "saves"

... "

)
    I don't seem to have a "Characters" folders. Is it necessary?
    Helias said:

Aosaw said:

Someone asked if Shadowkeeper was working. At base, it doesn't. But you can get it to work like a champ if you follow these ten steps:

... "

)
    I don't seem to have a "Characters" folders. Is it necessary?
    nope, just if you want to edit exported characters. you probably won't even have it until you export someone.
    Helias
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Thanks for the speedy reply, Dinsdale.
    DinsdalePiranha
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Sren said:

What mod is it with the Sniper kit and is that in the works toward compatibility as well?

I never heard of the Sniper kit. If you got confused and it's the Sharpshooter kit you're thinking about, it's part of Song and Silence: http://www.gibberlings3.net/sns/index.php

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Stradlin @Cuv @CamDawg Have tested charm dialogues relatively extensively with Algernon's Cloak now and I can confirm that they work as they should. NPCs with additional charm-specific dialogue will use it when you charm them, without going hostile when it wears off. The BG1 dialogue appears to be preserved.
    CuvJamesStradlinsmaller
    edited December 2012
    @CamDawg Can also confirm that the BG Mini Quests and Encounters mod seems compatible with the EE. It installs without issues and all quests so far seem to work as they should. Have not tried all of them yet, will post if anything seems to be off later in the game.

Edit: The patch messed this up, but having tested it on a fresh and patched install now, it does appear to work.
    Post edited by Shin on
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2012
    I've followed the steps given and shadow keeper still doesn't work. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

Edit: Never mind, I got it working. Thank god to, now I can change all those con 14s on the new characters to con 15. Why the hell who you leave con 1 away from giving a bonus? If they are meant to have low con give them an 8 or something. Sigh.

I can now give Rasaad STR 17 DEX 18 CON 15 Not the most OP stats but enough to help him a lot at low levels.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    mlnevese said:

Is there any word about a compatible Weidu?

Should be released on Tuesday.
    mlneveseSon_of_ImoenMornmagorCrevsDaak
  • rafnowrafnow Member Posts: 8
    Odd: I don't have a "characters" folder. Following these steps (except for copying the "characters" folder, which doesn't seem to exist), when I try to open a saved game I get "error (1025) missing CRE signature."
    Aosaw said:

3) Open "...Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766[or whatever number it is]\"

4) Paste the three copied files and folders into this directory

5) In this same directory, open "lang\en_us\" (or whatever language you're intending to use)

6) Copy "dialog.tlk"

7) Return to the root "\00766\" directory

8) Paste the copied "dialog.tlk" file into this directory

9) Open Shadowkeeper, and set the installation directory to the "\00766\" folder. (The program will yell at you because it's not BG2, but that's fine).

10) Restart Shadowkeeper.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Someone know how to uninstall BG Tweaks? I have installed IWD spells components and now have no idea how to get ride of it.
    @Etamin Run the installer again, tell it to list all installed components, and choose to uninstall that component when it comes up.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Any concerns that the first game patch (when released) will screw with mods? Can't wait for Unfinished Business. Kagain's quest and Angelo recognizing Shar-Teel alone make the mod worth it :-)