Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems is now available for BG:EE and BGII:EE

DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
edited January 2015 in General Modding
The newest version of my mod "Sword Coast Stratagems", version 25, is now out and ought to be a bit improvement on previous versions for BG:EE in terms of stability and ease of install. It should be compatible with version 1.2 of BG:EE and (with any luck) with BG2:EE when it comes out later this week. The new version fixes a host of bugs large and small (though mostly not with BG:EE, as it happens) and (with some trepidation) I'm declaring it non-beta, though realistically it's still beta for BG2:EE.

You can download it from http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs

Edit: after two fast updates in response to problems identified with BG2:EE installs, we're now on v27. I've had to disable the "Improved Vampires" component on BG2:EE installs for the moment: some kind of animation bug is causing crashes and I don't immediately have time to sort it out. (If you have installed that component, I recommend uninstalling it.)

Edit: version 29 now out. Many thanks for Mad Mate and others for the unofficial Fixpack they produced last year; fixes from that are now incorporated into v29.
Post edited by DavidW on
ItomonJamesStoneSwordsJuliusBorisovWilburRasekovArdulWorgMessiShinEtaminSharsekSirK8BerconPalanthismagpiealdainDexterSwordsNotWordslunarCrevsDaakAbelPibaromoody_mageTsyrithEudaemoniumdarrenkuoermoAntonghostowlRetsuyamaKortoksine_locoGraf_WasiliJonelethIrenicus[Deleted User]BlackLinxFinaLfrontBlueTieflinglolienGodKaiserHellSkieRAM021WithinAmnesiaelminsterNeonfiskbrunardoVaylormackosjunyangche

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Nice one!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    WOW! I LOVE YOU, DavidW!

Amazing news! Now we're truly ready for BG2:EE.

Roll on this Weekend!
    lolien
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    Great news! But now I have to reinstall lol....
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Thank you!
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    I cannot thank you enough for your commitment to bring such fantastic new value into the game over so many yearse: near perfection from the big picture down to the finest details, time and again.
    lolien
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    Fantastic!!! Awesome work that you've put into this! :D
    lolien
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    That's really great. Thanks a lot for all your work !

I was about to report some bugs but you fixed them now. Only two things i experienced in v 24 with BGEE 1.2 don't seem to be fixed in v25:
    - Improved Mulahey is still buggy
    - "NPC go to Inns" and "NPC pairs" components didn't work for me (NPC acted like in vanilla in my game) though it may be related to a conflict in my installation.

Anyway, now it seems SCS is really stable, and only a few minor bugs are left. Thank you again !
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    MUlahey is *still* buggy? Sigh... Will chase.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Well, i speak for v24. He was buggy in it, with its infinite waves of kobolds.

Didn't saw him in v25 yet, but i didn't see it mentionned in the bugfix list. Sorry if i wasn't clear enough.
  • GigioBigioGigioBigio Member Posts: 18
    Great Job! Thank You!!!!
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Excellent! Thank you so much David. My fighter/mage is already loading up his spellbook with secret words! Can wait to face those improved BG2EE mages
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Great work on updating Wheels of Prophecy as well.
  • WabashWabash Member Posts: 21
    Reduced reputation increase doesn't seem to work for me. I choose 1/4 and get all the points.
  • ComplyOrDieComplyOrDie Member Posts: 41
    Amazing. Thank you.
  • PSUHammerPSUHammer Member Posts: 11
    How do I install this for Steam version of BGEE??
    Wabash said:

Reduced reputation increase doesn't seem to work for me. I choose 1/4 and get all the points.

Can reproduce. There's a typo that's preventing that particular choice (1/4) from working. 1/3 should be fine. Will fix shortly.
    PSUHammer said:

No idea, sorry. I don't have Steam.

lolien
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Wow, I can't wait to test this new version! Most anticiped update! Besides the BG:EE one, of course ;) !
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    AFAIK Steam version should be the same as other versions, you just have to find the folder where the game is stored.
    Dexter
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    I have found small bug. When you dismiss one NPC from pair and order him to wait in inn, the other is lost. For instance i kicked out Khalid, so with moved away Jaheira. But i could order to wait only Khalid and only Khalid was in inn. Jaheira dispeared.
  • RellinRellin Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2013
    PSUHammer said:

For Steam version, extract the file to the main BG install folder, mine is:

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition

Then run the stratagems-v25 file. Install it to the same address as above (whatever yours is).

The DOS looking installer (Weidu I think it is) thing will pop up and just go through all the options.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    A very Stupid question:
    Do I nedd to Install SCS twice? Once for BGEE and once for BG2EE?
    artificial_sunlightbrunardo
    Yep.
    PibaroJuliusBorisovlolien
  • @Pibaro there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. (and Yep. is not an stupid answer)

@DavidW thanks for the commitment!
    PibaroDexterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    edited November 2013
    Thankyou so much @DavidW, spectacular work as always.
    Dexter
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    At the end of the auto-installer I get this issue from DEBUG file :

Installing [Main installer] [v25]

Press ENTER to install your chosen Sword Coast Stratagems components

(This may take a while)
    User answer: ""
    ERROR: cannot convert language_map_ENGLISH or %language_map_ENGLISH% to an integer
    Stopping installation because of error.
    Ugh, looks as if I broke something when I sorted out languages. Tell me what game you're installing on?
    lolien
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Yep, same error here for BGEE, english.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    Does this mod improve the Black Pits AI? I'm playing through on the game right now and am really enjoying the changes. I'm hoping I can get some surprises in the fights in Black Pits!
  • TzampapaizeisTzampapaizeis Member Posts: 67
    Hi ..can you tell me if the DC for carsomyrs dispel is decent or really low which means none existand on bosses?
    SirK8 said:

Does this mod improve the Black Pits AI?

No.
    lolien