Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014
    Chow said:

Also, the message menu getting swarmed with "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" is really irritating.

That's bothering, yes, but you gotta see how it goes in the EE v1.3,
    "PAUSED - 13 Mirtul, 1369 DR 13:25"
    "UNPAUSED - 13 Mirtul, 1369 DR 13:25"
    :P
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @CrevsDaak I think it nice that you actually see the time now lol
    @kaguana‌ you always could, you just have to but the Glove/mouse pointer over the Pause button at the left bottom corner of the screen and press TAB to make the Tooltip show up :)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited June 2014
    Dee said:

No, this behavior is intended; it keeps you from being mauled to death by bears when you're reorganizing your inventory or reading spell descriptions.

Ignore the fallen.

Kill one and one hundred will replace it.
    Chow said:

Well, if I think there are bears around, then I can just pause the game before reorganizing the inventory.

The lovely thing about the way Icewind Dale handled this is that it can go both ways. Baldur's Gate 1 forced the pause off, while Baldur's Gate 2 and Enhanced Edition force it on, but I would rather have the sweet middleground where I, as the player, would be the one to decide, without the game enforcing its own way over me.

Also, the message menu getting swarmed with "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" "PAUSED" "UNPAUSED" is really irritating.

I know you feel this.

Ah! I never get tired of quoting Harbinger!
    Anyway, I totally agree with Chow.
    I always play Multiplayer to avoid this.
    CrevsDaak said:

@kaguana‌ you always could, you just have to but the Glove/mouse pointer over the Pause button at the left bottom corner of the screen and press TAB to make the Tooltip show up :)

Yeah I know I could but that make it even more visible to the eye :)
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Has a fix for the shapechanger been implemented? Or shapeshifting in general?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Has a fix for the shapechanger been implemented? Or shapeshifting in general?

Nope and its fine the way it is frankly © by elminster. If you want, you can use http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32056/elminster-s-bgee-shapeshifting-related-fixes-tweaks#latest
  • HooHoo Member Posts: 128
    edited June 2014
    Well, I think the upcoming patch still doesn't fix the annoying and critical bug what I previously mentioned... I think I would be better to return playing original BG series with amazing mods, which at least can install kit/class related mods WITHOUT any problem.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Are the night variants (window/door glow) of Beregost and Candlekeep in this update?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Hoo said:

Well, I think the upcoming patch still doesn't fix the annoying and critical bug what I previously mentioned... I think I would be better to return playing original BG series with amazing mods, which at least can install kit/class related mods WITHOUT any problem.

Sorry, I meant to respond to this earlier--the patch should address the problem with kit mod installation, yes. It was left off the list, but I've put it on there under Modder Features.
    kcwise said:

Are the night variants (window/door glow) of Beregost and Candlekeep in this update?

I don't believe so, no. We're focusing primarily on gameplay elements (Drizzt's wardrobe notwithstanding).
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    FINALLY.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    needs more modding unlocking, IMHO. great number of fixes tho.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Dee said:

kcwise said:

I don't believe so, no. We're focusing primarily on gameplay elements (Drizzt's wardrobe notwithstanding).
    This being the case, can you confirm or deny that the quick-loot feature will be included in the final release of this patch?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

needs more modding unlocking, IMHO.

Maybe in some future patch. 1.3 does not need anything added. For now it just needs to be freaking released so they'll stop holding BGII:EE patch hostage.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    edited June 2014
    Dee said:

kcwise said:

Thanks, it's just a cosmetic issue. I look forward to all the other goodies in the patch.

needs more modding unlocking, IMHO. great number of fixes tho.

More? Externalizing and then clearing out the bugs that they could have created could slow down the patches a lot, plus, there are only very few things that could be un-hardcoded at the moment without causing any issues (or more incompatibility with old BG2 mods).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Still no votes against;)
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    CrevsDaak said:

More? Externalizing and then clearing out the bugs that they could have created could slow down the patches a lot, plus, there are only very few things that could be un-hardcoded at the moment without causing any issues (or more incompatibility with old BG2 mods).

Well, I say they finish the patch now, then work on this next.

Plus the inventory auto-pause removal and additional languages.
  • BenjaminBenjamin Member Posts: 39
    Release the patch dammit >_>
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    To be honest, I actually like the inventory auto-pause. It saves me from getting killed a la BG1 and IWD.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    It is only logical that more older game is, less people read forum.
    We will be waiting a LONG time, than there will be 500 people...
    :-(
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Edvin said:

It is only logical that more older game is, less people read forum.
    We will be waiting a LONG time, than there will be 500 people...
    :-(

Last time, patch was released before counter hit the cap. I think, 400+- voices will be enough for release. ;-)
    We're up to 79 now. If you haven't grabbed the beta and tried it out, be sure to do so and let us know what you think!
    edited June 2014
    jackjack said:

Dee said:

kcwise said:

This being the case, can you confirm or deny that the quick-loot feature will be included in the final release of this patch?
    Jack I think we are being ignored about this lovely feature :( hoo well I hope it will be a nice surprised to have it in this patch.

@Dee the battle music stop almost immediately at most time but sometimes it not stopping and keep playing till I reload or changing map even if I'm no longer in battle. (I did already report it here once)
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Is the new android version ("L") on your radar yet with the shift from dalvik to ART among other things? The developer preview images for the Nexus5 & 7 come out today to test on. ART was optional / available on 4.4 if you want to start there. I dont know alot about developement but this shift in how apps are compiled could be significant
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Dee There appears to be a problem with the tooltips. If you bring up a tooltip for an item on the quickbar it will read as a seemingly random character/creature on the screen. Repro steps:

1. Start a new game with Abdel pregen.
    2. Bring up a tooltip for any item on the quickbar by pressing the tab key.
    3. Notice that the tooltip displays Abdel's name and HP for every item on the quickbar.

Expected behavior: Tooltips should report correctly.
    Tresset said:

@Dee There appears to be a problem with the tooltips. If you bring up a tooltip for an item on the quickbar it will read as a seemingly random character/creature on the screen. Repro steps:

1. Start a new game with Abdel pregen.
    2. Bring up a tooltip for any item on the quickbar by pressing the tab key.
    3. Notice that the tooltip displays Abdel's name and HP for every item on the quickbar.

Expected behavior: Tooltips should report correctly.

Already reported. :)
    Messi said:

There seems to be a small problem with highlighting items with tab.

1. Create new game with Abdel
    2. Enter the Candlekeep Inn and go into the kitchen.
    3. Click on the shelf there.
    4. Move mouse over the dagger item and press tab.
    5. Instead of "dagger" the scroll will read "noblewoman"

If you loot the item and then view it through the inventory window it will display the item name correctly.

Cr4zyJ said:

Is the new android version ("L") on your radar yet with the shift from dalvik to ART among other things? The developer preview images for the Nexus5 & 7 come out today to test on. ART was optional / available on 4.4 if you want to start there. I dont know alot about developement but this shift in how apps are compiled could be significant

Yep, the game should be working fine with ART as of this patch.