Skip to content

Small things amuse small minds

kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
Share the silly little things that make you smile.

* Making popcorn in a pan with a glass lid.
RavenslightJuliusBorisovrufus_hobart[Deleted User]lolienFredjokcwiseButtercheese

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    The old Fensler film dubs of the older G.I. Joe PSA's.

"Hey kid! Imma computer, stop all the downloading!"

or

"Give him the stick. NO!! Don't give him the stick!"

and lastly

"Porkchop Sandwiches!!"

I used to laugh at these real hard when I was 14, now I'm 24 and I still almost tear up from laughing.
    LordRumfishCrevsDaakkcwise
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Cooking meat on the toaster.

I knew someone who did this with hotdogs. I mean they were cooked in a toaster (not a toaster oven), but its still never something I would do.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolienkcwise
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    kiwidoc said:

@Anduin and @CrevsDaak I live just off Slag Lane (voted one of the 10 rudest street names in the UK). I used to smile seeing the women tottering to the local pub on Slag Lane (emphasis on the word Slag!) in their skimpy imitation silk cocktail dresses, fishnets and stillettos in the snow, but eventually it was just too damn sad!

At uni I lived a hundred yards or so from Crotch Crescent, in a town that also has the delightfully named "St. Helen's Passage"... Many a student has visited that thoroughfare!
    kcwise
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    filling in the huge blank in my memory from the night before
    (it wasn't pretty)
    RavenslightlolienCrevsDaakkcwise
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Not as amusing as those names, but there is a little street in my city called Catfish Alley that bemuses me.

Also, just about anything made of metal, doesn't have to be shiny. Not so much amusing as just... appealing aesthetically. Specifically, I am always strangely pleased with myself whenever I find a coin on the ground, even if it is just a penny facing the "wrong" way up.
    CrevsDaakrufus_hobartlolienkcwise
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Watching trees come to life in spring.
    RavenslightCrevsDaaklolienkcwise
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This misheard quotes topic could probably fill a thread all on its own... Hmm...

I am not entirely sure why, but I find the mannerisms and antics of the Tasmanian Devil (from what I remember) to be very funny. It is too bad I didn't get to see many of the Loony Toons... By the time I got to the age where I could begin to understand them on a more sophisticated level; the Loony Toons were all but extinct.
    rufus_hobartlolienkcwise