Skip to content

Do you kill Weenog? (Spoilers)

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Weenog is a goblin who lives in Kuldahar and serves his master, a mage named Orrick the Gray. He is a pretty cool chap but he has that extra magic missile scroll which we all secretly covet (even though you can get another one not too far into the tombs). But all that aside - do you kill him on your IWD playthroughs?
  1. Do you kill Weenog? (Spoilers)129 votes
    1. Yes - Why not? He's a goblin anyway, no rep loss, and Orrick doesn't care.
        8.53%
    2. No - He's a cool guy and he beg's for mercy - How can you do such a thing?!
      91.47%
Post edited by HaHaCharade on
kcwiselolien

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Also kind of curious if folks leave the Goblin Marshall in Kuldahar pass be... the one with the buzzing in his head. Seems like you're almost putting him out of his misery, but again no consequence there.
    kcwisesemiticgoddess
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    He serves no purpose
    HaHaCharadekcwise
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I also had never even considered it. Nor the Marshall!

I always play good aligned, and I'm not about to slaughter anyone who doesn't attack me first. I still have that knight in shining armor fixation...
    JuliusBorisovkcwiselolien
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I'll kill anything I can get away with without too much of a negative impact. Don't bother me none, no matter how they plead.
    HaHaCharadekcwisejackjack
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Weenog lives, annnd Goblin Marshal depends on my alignment/mood.
    kcwisejackjackPibaro
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2015
    When I first played IWD, I didn't kill him at least because I wanted to see if Weenog progressed later in the game. I hoped there was some interaction/quest involving Weenog and Orrick so that we could see how Weenog became a mage.

When I played IWDEE, I didn't kill him at least because I hoped we would see Weenog in the Adventure Y.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    kcwisejackjackPibarololien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I might if he was worth more XP.
    kcwise
    Awong124 said:

I might if he was worth more XP.

The only reason I ever did is he's worth a magic missile scroll when Orrick only sells 1 of them. But since you get another later in the game, I think this playthrough I'll let him live.
    Awong124kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I wonder if Weenog is related to Grovel from NWN: Hordes of the Underdark.

"Break time now? Yes? Yes? No... Back to work."
    ronaldojackjackJuliusBorisov
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Technically, Dobby is an elf, not a goblin.

Like everything else, they get shorter.
    kcwise
    Why did they put an unpickpocketable (I made a word) magic missile scroll on him? Why? Simple - To have you kill him! LOL. Someone should mod it so he's able to be pickpocketed. Problem solved. Goblins are dense anyway, are you telling me my 19 dexterity elven thief can't get the drop on 'lil old Weenog?
    kcwiselolien
    bengoshi said:

@Lord_Tansheron its just you and me man. Against the tide.
    AnduinjackjackkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited January 2015
    EDIT: Weird, my vote disappeared when I edited. Added manually.
    "No - He's a cool guy and he beg's for mercy - How can you do such a thing?!"

He reminds me of my favorite pet of all times; Deekin. I loved that little fellow and Weenog is probably Orrick's favorite pet, so why would anyone want to hurt that little guy?

Personally I don't understand players who considers it natural for anyone with "evil" in their alignment to kill everything they lay their eyes on, or even chars without evil in their alignment doing such a heinous act. I always felt the alignment descriptions lacking and the examples being to shallow.

kcwiselolien
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I've done it once, just to see the banter with Orrick.
    But I reloaded and I let him live :D
    kcwiselolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2015
    He is a goblin. You kill goblins. Otherwise they...do...goblin...things. Anyways, D&D games taught me that green and purple skin is evil and not to be trusted. Even when they are 'nice' it is just a ruse. Just like dragons, evil comes color coded for our convenience!

Joking aside, detect evil for paladins is literally asking your god. And if your god tells you that someone is evil in his eyes, and you are his holy warrior, then who are you to refuse the call of divine smiting? The deal is simple, the god makes you into a flaming blade of wrath, and you smite what needs smiting.

And if a dwarf sees a goblin, then I'd think that there would be a strong cultural bias to killing it. Especially shield dwarfs.

For everyone else, it'll take some real soul searching.
    HaHaCharadelolienmarcellus