Skip to content

BG1NPC for BGEE Prerelease - UPDATE v21-PR_20150131

Comments

• CuChulainnCuChulainn Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Hi Astro,

Just did a clean run through the end of Chapter 5 and 6 to see what they'd show as. Here are the results:

X#XAFloatTalk2 2
    Chapter 6
    X#GainedEntryCandlekeep 1
    X#XARomanceActive 2

Dialogues popped up properly this time, which confirms my suspicion that fiddling with CLUA to spawn the DSotSC NPC CuChoinneach (sp?) triggered some kind of overriding script that prevented banters from showing up. Looking back at the old file, every time I open it in game (or went to a new map) a "CuChoin: (3) Damage taken" entry appears.

This run through, I bypassed DSotSC entirely and the damage entry never showed up. ;-)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @CuChulainn‌ - Looks good! Glad to hear it.
  • Daelyn75Daelyn75 Member Posts: 24
    Hello, AstrobryGuy. I really appreciate your work on this mod. I've been waiting since about February of 2014 to get to play it, and from the looks of things it should be completed soon. I've been over every post on this thread, and the thread before it that linked to this one.

I just want to say thank you very much for all your effort, and I was hoping you could give us a reasonable estimate on when you think it should be complete - well as complete as you feel comfortable in saying it is good enough.

Thanks again!
    antisthenes
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    Will it get an official release?
    jackjack
    edited January 2015
    I do want to get an official v21 out soon, but there were some issues identified with one of Coran's Quests (Amelia) and the Wait at Inns component. I've coded fixes for those issues, and they appear to work in my testing. If you want to give the fixes a test, please be my guest and report back! Then, I can wrap things up.

Also added are new German translations for Skie!

BG1NPC v21 Prerelease 2015-01-15

http://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/releases/tag/v21-PR_20150115

Changes:
    *German translations for Skie dialogs and banters
    *Updates to Amelia's scripting in Coran's Quest to account for force-attacks on Amelia
    *Updates to fix issues with NPC Wait at Inns component, KickedOut variable not being set correctly
    *Miscellaneous typo fixes

EDIT: Correcting attribution for German translation
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    jackjackCahirJuliusBorisov
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    The new german tranlsations were done by S. (but we do not credit single translators in this case). Still wanted to say it.
    Thank you for the update!
    jackjackAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov
    edited January 2015
    jastey said:

The new german tranlsations were done by S. (but we do not credit single translators in this case). Still wanted to say it.
    Thank you for the update!

I've updated the post. Thanks for the updated attribution!
    jackjackJuliusBorisovDaelyn75
    Thanks very much for the reply, AstroBryGuy. I'll be keeping an eye on this closely.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SrenSren Member Posts: 24
    So I downloaded the zip file and put it in C: -> Games -> BGEE -> Data -> 00766
    it's not working :/ I played til Elminster first visits you and Imoen is supposed to have a short banter with him but nothing :/ I want my Xan romance back!! please help me :)
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    You need to unzip the file in 00766 and run setup-bg1npc.exe ;)
    jackjackAstroBryGuy
    .....that would make a difference wouldn't it?.....
    jackjack
    says...
    ERROR: cannot resolve action 325
    ERROR: [AR0125.bcs] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    @Sren - Can you PM me the SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG file?
    jackjack
  • HectorHector Member Posts: 23
    What's the best way to update the mod to newer version?
    Hector said:

What's the best way to update the mod to newer version?

I usually uninstall the old version, remove the old version's files, and then copy in new version and install.
    jackjack
    I remove the old files, then run the new setup with the new folder and (re)install everything I want. That way I don’t disrupt my mod install order.
    I’m not sure whether that’s the “best” way though.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Asthner: If you remove the backup folder, the mod cannot be uninstalled properly any more. I am surprised your way of doing it works, tbh, and advice strongly against removing the mod folder or content of it if the mod is still installed (unless you really know what you are doing).
    AstroBryGuyCrevsDaakjackjackAsthner
    edited January 2015
    Thx. Last time I did it with new SCS and NPCProject I had no bugs (but I could’ve just copied the folder with overwriting in one of those instances – can’t remember which one). Are you saying there’s no way of updating a mod without changing the mod order, sans uninstalling and reinstalling all the mods that go after it by hand?

Edit: How about removing the files, but preserving the backup folders of the mods being updated, with the same folder structure? Would that be enough? (Except of course for situations where a mod would drop a component completely, so that the newer installer would never uninstall it. But that can be usually found out via the readme and the old component can be manually removed.)
    Post edited by Asthner on
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2015
    Guys, installed mod, but can't find Viconia in Peldvale! Where is she now? I know her location pretty well but looks like she doesn't spawn. Or mod moved her location, tnx in advance
    BG1NPC leaves Viconia alone, location-wise, as far as I know.
    Sword Coast Stratagems can move her to the woods south of Beregost.
    AstroBryGuyjackjackSleeplesJuliusBorisov
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Asthner said:

BG1NPC leaves Viconia alone, location-wise, as far as I know.
    Sword Coast Stratagems can move her to the woods south of Beregost.

Aha, I have SCS, tnx :) will check it 2day
    JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuyjackjack
    edited January 2015
    If Amelia is on the level of something a party can expect to face at the Firewine then I think it shouldn't be a problem. Is this an optional thing, or will it be part of the finalized release of BG1NPC?
  • kelvin180kelvin180 Member Posts: 7
    Hey, so, I'm having what I assume is a rare issue. I put the necessary unzipped folders and files in the right place in my directory, but when I try to install the mod, I get this:

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @ 1006
    Continuing despite error.

Would you like to display the components from [UNDEFINED STRING: @ 1006]?

I get that for every portion of the Weidu process. My language is English. Did I just not put everything in its proper place? It's where my chitin.key is, I'm using the Steam version of EE, etc. I have BG2Tweaks, Isra, Valerie, Song and Silence, and Sword and Fist installed and they work fine.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @AstroBryGuy I can't unzip the latest updated file. Winrar says the "archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Any clue what's gone wrong? Thanks
    edited February 2015
    kelvin180 said:

Hey, so, I'm having what I assume is a rare issue. I put the necessary unzipped folders and files in the right place in my directory, but when I try to install the mod, I get this:

I get that for every portion of the Weidu process. My language is English. Did I just not put everything in its proper place? It's where my chitin.key is, I'm using the Steam version of EE, etc. I have BG2Tweaks, Isra, Valerie, Song and Silence, and Sword and Fist installed and they work fine.

Did you get a folder called "BG1NPC-21-PR_20150131" when you unzipped the archive? If so, copy the contents of the folder to your game folder (where the CHITIN.KEY file is). You should have the "bg1npc" folder and setup-bg1npc.exe in your game folder (for a Windows install). To install, simply double-click setup-bg1npc.exe and follow the instructions on screen.
    JosefineS said:

@AstroBryGuy I can't unzip the latest updated file. Winrar says the "archive is either in unknown format or damaged". Any clue what's gone wrong? Thanks

Odd. I have no problems downloading and unzipping the archive with either the built-in OSX Archive Tool or The Unarchiver. Unfortunately, I'm not on Windows, so I can't test it in WinRAR or 7-Zip.

Try this link - see if that works: https://github.com/AstroBryGuy/BG1NPC/archive/master.zip
    Fina92
  • kelvin180kelvin180 Member Posts: 7

Did you get a folder called "BG1NPC-21-PR_20150131" when you unzipped the archive? If so, copy the contents of the folder to your game folder (where the CHITIN.KEY file is). You should have the "bg1npc" folder and setup-bg1npc.exe in your game folder (for a Windows install). To install, simply double-click setup-bg1npc.exe and follow the instructions on screen.

I know that, and have done so. The string errors occur as a process of the 'following instructions on screen' process: there *are* no instructions on the screen, just translation errors as noted above. I unzipped BG1NPC-21-PR_20150131 to my game folder after downloading it, double-clicked the application called setup-bg1npc.exe, and got this:

Based on your reaction I can't imagine this happens a lot. Does it have fixable precedent or do I have to reboot the game folder (I have a full backup of the vanilla version's files)?
This discussion has been closed.