Skip to content

Sword Coast Legends. Is this the spiritual successor to NWN?

FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
edited February 2015 in Off-Topic
A new Dungeons & Dragons game is coming to PC in 2015. Developed in collaboration by n-Space and Digital Extremes, Sword Coast Legends will allow parties of up to four human players to cooperate in adventures managed in real-time by human Dungeon Masters.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/new-dungeons-dragons-game-storm-coast-legends-coming-in-2015
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
BlackravenMusigny[Deleted User]KamigoroshiSirK8CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovRavenslightTeflonWandering_MinstrelNonnahswriterCoryNewbbooinyoureyesButtercheese[Deleted User]jackjackNatenShapiroKeatsDarkMagelolienOudyn

Comments

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    That page seems to be unavailable at the moment.
    FinneousPJ
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Well, one can hope. It mentions "making your own scenarios" but I won't believe it until I see some proof ;)

@Musigny - if you go back to the main site and go through there (it's one of the top stories) it'll work. Not quite sure what's wrong with the link.
    MusignyFinneousPJ
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @scriver ok thanks
    There is a redirection based on the geoIP/country. That's probably the issue.
    FinneousPJ
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FinneousPJthe_spyder
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The real question is: will the game's official campaigns take place within the Sword Coast, Sword Coast North, or possibly both?

Personally, I favour Sword Coast North. Not only is it much longer than its southern counterpart, it also has far more interesting locations as well. And much better weather to boot... I'm looking at you, Ice Lakes!
    FinneousPJCrevsDaakMusignyOudyn
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited February 2015
    @mlnevese Yeah, plus "In addition to the real-time interaction interface, Sword Coast Legends will also include campaign mode tools allowing Dungeon Masters to create larger customized scenarios." Sounds like it should feature everything that made NWN so great and more.
    Post edited by FinneousPJ on
    mlnevesebooinyoureyesthe_spyder
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited February 2015
    @bengoshi
    Sorry, I did not see that thread. All this work for nothing :(
    JuliusBorisovFinneousPJRavenslightlolien
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    This game shows promise unlike any other since BG2 and NWN. REALLY looking forward to it. It's also pretty awesome that it will 1st be available in Steam so I don't have to hunt down a physical copy. That's always hard here in the north where my interests are pretty niche.

Supposedly it combines the best sides from all D&D-games which is great and I'm really looking forward to being a Dungeon Master. ^^
    FinneousPJNimranTeflonMusigny
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited February 2015
    Is it based on 5e?
    Nvm, found it.
    Looks quite interesting indeed.
    FinneousPJ
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Welp, this looks interesting, and the UI already reminds me of Divinity: Original Sin. Putting this one on my game wishlist on Steam.
    FinneousPJ
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Bloody hell, no OS X version. :\
    elminster
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    "No"
    Dragon Age is the spiritual successor to NWN

This looks like an honest to Oghma spiritual successor to BG/IWD
    booinyoureyes
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Very good info guys :) I was interested by the trailer, but the more the read the more I like
    Ravenslight
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Man... Quartz sent me an invite to like this on Facebook (in our real lives... as far as Facebook is real life haha) and I was PUMPED.

Then I found out it wasn't single player and I was bummed but now that FinneousPJ expanded more on it it sounds like a WORLD of possibilities. Hopefully the writing will be good, and I'm sure the vast amount of potential fan made modules will provide some good entertainment. Can't wait.

I hope it allows for pausing the game like BG and IWD games. I don't really like the real time thing. Too much stress. I game to chill out and like to take my own time doing things.
    FinneousPJRavenslightJuliusBorisov