Skip to content

Activity

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited January 2015
    A card for the week:

Wisdom of the hidden realms: The horse king

It a time for moving forward and get to one destination with the help of people who love you and care about you, it not time to go through this part of the journey alone, even if you think you are alone you aren't really are and you should know people love you and wanna help you.
    It also time to delegate authority to other so they may assist you on your project, and make your dream come true.
    It a time to stay open to the once who will come to aid you on your way because you can never know from where the aid will come.

have a good week everyone, and many blessing.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Hurricane said:

On that note, did you guys know you get a spam warning if you try to open two threads within 5 minutes? :D You have to wait 5 minutes after opening a thread before you can create another one. (Surely the moderators know this, but I thought it might be interesting for the other users.)

Yeah, I discovered it the same way with this one, this one and this one because I didn't hadve internet access when I first found them. xD
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Hey, so I'm doing an article for journalism class on pillars of eternity/torment: Numenara and I need some quotes.
    Does anyone think that that the new games can popularize isometric RPGs among teenagers? Or have any thoughts on the subject?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @kaguana‌ Keep them coming! :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    meagloth said:

Does anyone think that that the new games can popularize isometric RPGs among teenagers? Or have any thoughts on the subject?

Well, I think that, even while most teenagers won't be interested, some in fact will. Isometric cRPGs like Pillars of Eternity/Torment: Numenara/Baldur's Gate have complex rules for the normal teenager to understand and have far more reading than most games being made this days, which always makes some people to prefer games like Skyrim, in where action is more present and the game's rules are simpler (and the controls are impossible because it's 3D...).

But, I won't say no teenagers will play PoE/T:N, first because I, as a teenager probably will play at least one of them, also because they'll become popular and teenagers have a thing with their stupid social lives and doing what their friends like (this can be resumed in assuming the lack of own personalty and following the masses as a result) or say that is cool (which means if somebody's friend says PoE is cool and that somebody should play it, somebody probably will. Same if somebody reads several (good) reviews about PoE or T:N), and cRPGs of the style of Baldur's Gate have been lacking in the last years, so they are a bit forgotten by now, even with the release of BG's Enhanced Editions.

Besides that, I have the feeling that T:N will follow the path of Ps:T, if not except for the fans of this last one. cRPGs with very few or almost non-existent (very bad) combat like the original Torment combined with the Main Player's immunity to dying in combat in the game get boring or un-challenging sometimes (but yeah, not every game has to be a rogue-like).
    I can't remember if I've posted I link to this here or not, but if I have it was awhile ago and if I haven't I always meant to. I found this awesome site(or craftsman, rather) some time ago but I was just reminded of it, so here it is. http://www.fableblades.com/Heron2.html
    This is my favorite
    http://www.fableblades.com/Liantasse.html
    This Is my second favorite. They are amazing and I want one so bad.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I love my snake! She is so cute! :mrgreen:
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited February 2015
    Tresset said:

I love my snake! She is so cute! :mrgreen:

I love my cat! it bites me and crushes my windpipe! :wink:

as a side note I will say that my cat will actually crush my windpipe if he wants attention (by standing on my throat) but he hasn't bitten me since I last yawn raped him. (bad Idea trust me, cats snap their mouths shut after they yawn and their teeth are very sharp, fortunately he noticed my finger and managed not to bite it off)
    Post edited by wubble on
    image:mrgreen:
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited February 2015
    bengoshi said:

Who would have guessed my profile is the 4th result in a google search for "Beamdog" in the last 24 hours;)

SEO master

- Fixed broken formatting. —Troodon80. :-)
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @iKrivetko your post is messed up. You need to move the "</ blockquote >" so that it is after the [/ spoiler ]

That said I'm afraid @Bengoshi that you have been beaten by bori85

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    elminster said:

I'm afraid @Bengoshi that you have been beaten by bori85

.........................I still haven't got enough points it seems.....................

bengoshi said:

Who would have guessed my profile is the 4th result in a google search for "Beamdog" in the last 24 hours;)

I believe thats cause its your device, where you access your profile all the time. I get totally different results. Google customized your searches like that. I'd prefer they didn't, but it is what it is.
    I didn't find any forum profiles when I searched it but I did find a youtube page with a link to illegally download the game that the @dee or another dev might want to deal with.
    I am feeling WILD and CRAZY right now! Very HYPER and UNCONTROLLED! I am fighting to keep it all in so I don't come across as a lunatic/troll/pest right now by saying goofy, random things on the forums...
    Tresset said:

I am feeling WILD and CRAZY right now! Very HYPER and UNCONTROLLED! I am fighting to keep it all in so I don't come across as a lunatic/troll/pest right now by saying goofy, random things on the forums...

@Tresset Firstly, if you did appear as a loony on these forums it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Secondly after all the bug fixing modding and moderator stuff that you do, you'll never be seen as a pest. :)

UNLEASH THE CRAZY!