Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Another technical question to the developers: @PhillipDaigle Will I be able to import/export my Characters from/to a BG EE/BG 2 EE game bought on Mac OS X App Store if I buy the game elsewhere, let's say on Steam or directly from Beamdog?
    I try to avoid the App Store as best as I can, but I wouldn't want to play without my favorite heroes. A reply would be greatly appreciated. :smile:
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    lolien said:

What about this?

It's in BGII EE. It's a new NPC quest (won't spoil further).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Early on we had discussions about how we would make it work if you can gain a couple more levels than SoA expects. We've put in some work on that front and we're predicting it won't be an issue.

What happens in Adventury Y, stays in Adventury Y!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Trent laid down the basis for the Adventure Y campaign. I am directing Adventure Y, and in doing so provide oversight for game plot and text. Andrew and Amber are the lead writers. Liam has done some writing for Adventure Y, but he's not a full time writer on the project and has other responsibilities.

Most of the development team has contributed to the game text in some way, and after release I'm sure they'll come by to tell you about all the easter eggs they hid in the game.

Yes, well... try to avoid "There's nothing I won't do to survive -> I want to die" scenarios this time around and I'm sure it'll go just fine.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Looks like plain ol' horny Elvis to me, only a couple of tons thinner than before.
  • LuremasterLuremaster Member Posts: 100
    @AstroBryGuy I'm a part time ninja. I guess it's true that great minds think alike
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    bengoshi said:

On a serious note, my guess the game will be announced on the PAX East, Boston, MA, March 6-8, 2015.

I think the release date for PoE will be announced there as well.

Obviously since you originally posted this we learned the release date of PoE, but I tried looking to see if Beamdog (or D&D in general) had a presentation scheduled at PAX east but that doesn't seem to be the case. The only thing D&D related seems to be their usual live tabletop game and the only thing WOTC related seems to be about Magic the Gathering.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    edited March 2015
    bengoshi said:

If my eyes has no mess , it looks like beamdog had implemented new graphic model into characters in Adventure Y?

edited March 2015
    I wonder what languages will it support on release.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    bengoshi said:

gnecromancing gnomes

Is that GNU prestige class for Necromancers or what? j/k
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2015
    elminster said:

I wonder what languages will it support on release.

I wonder that too. I hope they will make it available in Italian :)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Is it just me... I don't recognise the poster art behind Trents left shoulder. Can someone put me out of my misery?
    Anduin said:

Is it just me... I don't recognise the poster art behind Trents left shoulder. Can someone put me out of my misery?

You mean the shadows of amn logo?
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited March 2015
    darrenkuo said:

bengoshi said:

If my eyes has no mess , it looks like beamdog had implemented new graphic model into characters in Adventure Y?

I don't see anything different about the chars, and it's normal, since that's IWD :p

I am however interested in finding out if they improved anything art wise on the character models, since it's a new title.

Doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just not the same old tin can plate i am so bored of :p

I was thinking about it, because the area art will be all new anyway, the areas do not already exist, it's a new game, so why not touch the character models too? I wish, anyway, but they are keeping their lips sealed about anything like that, so i don't know what to expect, or how big the scope of this adventure Y is, at least graphically compared to the previous titles.

In the enhanced games, they had the argument of visual inconcistency, which made sense more or less. Old backrounds and new character art would seem out of sync most likely, but now, things are different. They can basically dictate the comparison.

Instinctively, i don't expect them to add anything graphically on the character art department, although i would like to see it, especially for a new title.

Regardless however, i think i will buy this Adventure XYZ thing anyway, it's the first "legitimate" all new title from them :)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Vallmyr said:

Adventure Y needs more Alora.

Actually, everything needs more Alora.

Even Alora? I guess she is pretty smal...