Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Somebody pinch me!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    wubble said:

Somebody pinch me!

Certainly.
    Wait just a moment and I'll get my pincer pliers from the toolbox over there.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Don't be pusillanimous! I guess 573,246 B)
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I say the word count will be 422,424 but I expect the devs to add in a few words to make sure none of us are right :P

As a side note I wonder how exactly they are doing their word count, is it based on white space or are short words (e.g. "is", "a", "or", etc...) skipped? Side side note, recently I was surprised to learn that every scientific journal (who tend to charge authors based on word count) "count words" in a different way, hence the origin of this question.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2015

According to our translation database,

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, English: 679,217 words

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, English: 1,248,473 words

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition DLC Content, English: 396,359 words

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 573,247 words

Adventure Y will come in well above the BGII:EE DLC Content, and somewhere below IWD:EE.

I wonder what the "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition DLC Content" is about?

I know BGEE, I know BG2EE, I know IWDEE and we all here know about the upcoming Adventure Y.

But was is "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition DLC Content, English: 396,359 words"?
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    bengoshi said:

I wonder what the "Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition DLC Content" is about?

DLC? What i miss?

• DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    Some kind of a BG expansion? Nice.
    Looking forward for some info about new joinable NPCs (at least 1 new NPC is a MUST!).
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @Aedan, is that for real or a joke? Considering the humor and confusion on these boards, one never know. :smiley:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Astafas

There are no official news yet. No hints about storyline, NPCs, etc. The only thing known for sure now is:

1) It happens between BG and BG II

2) You can export your final save from BG to Y and from Y to BG II.

3) It has a higher word count than the DLC from BG II and smaller than the one from IWDEE.