Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    @bengoshi There I editted my 'meme post' to include "Underdark/Ground"; Is this better?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    bengoshi said:

By the way, if we indeed will go to the Underdark, I demand a drow race at a character creation!

I AGREE! +2 dex, +1 int, -2 cha. Because no living in underdark we can drop the Drow SLAs, magic resistance, and light blindness.
    edited May 2015
    @bengoshi Don't forget Infravison up to 120 feet and that sexy black skin!:P
    edited May 2015
    bengoshi said:

By the way, if we indeed will go to the Underdark, I demand a drow race at a character creation!

I bet that no one will name CHARNAME Drizzt... (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° ')
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727

bengoshi said:

I bet that no one will name CHARNAME Drizzt... (" ͡° ' ͜ʖ ͡° ')
    For this case I demand a special dialogue for Viconia resulting in a fight.

Also, Drizzt the NPC you can meet in the game should comment on this.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108

Also, here's an interesting tidbit: Adventure Y has two world maps.

Confess @Shandyr: Beamdog paid for your idea and makes the HoMM and BG game hYbrid!
    edited May 2015
    @Vallmyr I let the mouse go.... Into my stomach MUHOOHAHAHA! *Actually It transformed into a Normal Giant Space Mousy Maus flew off into space.* It was really cute though; it squeaked frequently, it baby mousy mouse:-P.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I won't be happy with an underdark part in adventure Y. We already have a good chunk of game play taking part there in BG2.

I think the two game maps are he original one from BG and a second more North Western one for he Dragonspear region.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    And the Underdark part of BG2 didn't even warrant a World Map of it's own.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I like big underground explorable areas and wouldn't mind a more robust Underdark section than the one we had in BG2, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen in Adventure Y. I don't think the game has the kind of budget to include many explorable areas (a la BG1) to begin with.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Not to mention the Underdark in BGII wrecks even higher level parties. Imagine trying to get through there with level 8 characters, at best. The Drow would eat them alive.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Since the game can't mess up with BG2's balance, your party is not supposed to gain more than one or two levels. That doesn't give room to a very extensive campaign.

Which is totally fine, by the way. What concerns me is that folks might put their expectations a bit too high. I don't think it's meant to be BG3 by any measure.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Dragonspear Bridge (or how was it called) is likely not close to baldurs gate proper so it would warrant to have its own world map.
    I expect to travel between bg and dragonthingy site quite a lot.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    Kilivitz said:

And the Underdark part of BG2 didn't even warrant a World Map of it's own.

yeah, and that's why it's not going to be underdark obviously

one map will probably be the bg1 map of sword coast (but all new locations) and another will be of a different region (on the surface)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Vallmyr said:

AH! GUYS! THE LOGO AT THE TOP HAS CHANGED! It shows hobgoblins and gnolls now!

It's the picture from the bandit camp in BGEE.

I think removing BG1 and BG2 EE marks is a step onto getting another game. After all, they couldn't put an IWD mark there for some reason but now it doesn't include any link to any game, so... Maybe a logo for the Adventure Y couldn't fit in by Its size.
    edited June 2015

I predict that Adventure Y will have new item BAMs for Long / Short / Bastard / Two-Handed Swords, Scimitars, Clubs, Hammers, Axes, Boots, Helms, Cloaks and Armour, well at least I hope so. Although will they have new Item depictions to match hmmn, I hope so as well.
    Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
    i wonder how this interquel will adress the issues of canon

it's easy to imagine that if you have the canon party you will witness the relevant events regarding the fate of certain characters

but what if you don't? will the story take some turns to establish continuity with the starting situation in soa?
    edited May 2015

@bob_veng "Interquel" Hmmn, quite the word.. Although to answer your question.. I hope that they have good writers and that they have had enough time within their development cycle to produce a er, 'fully fleshed out product'. Oh and didn't Trent Oyster say that the gracious folks over at Bioware / Black Isle Studios 2000 had already written what happened in-between Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn? (And that they are using said written 'unpublished events' as the main back bone to Adventure Y?)
    edited May 2015
    i hope that you will be able to import your whole party from bg1

even if the party gets disbanded shortly after the game's start for story reasons
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    I don't think xp gain will be a problem. In Bg2 you have all those big 'quest xp' rewards that give each character 50k xp, that's the reason you're so high level at the end of the game. Just don't do that. What's the biggest reward for a quest in Bg1? Maybe 6.000? Divide that between 6 characters... A fighter needs 125k xp to go from 8th to 9th level, that's 750k xp if you're using a full party. If they keep quest xp at Bg1 levels the game can be long enough while keeping SoA balanced
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I'd kind of like it if we could gain some non-xp bonuses.

Examples: Bhaalspawn abilities! We already have a few. Why not be able to earn a few more?
    - Invisibility once per day
    - The ability to summon a shadow

Things like that.

Also, there could be hell trials type decisions. Only ones that come with drawbacks as well.

- Make a certain decision and gain +10% fire resistance, but have -10% cold resistance.
    - Make a different decision and gain +1 strength for 1 round after every kill you make. However, for every full day spent without killing something have a -1 strength penalty (not that big deal in the BG series, but if you are resting alot during stronghold quests that could add up. Plus it is, RP wise, a big deal!)

These powers/abilities could be permanent, or could be lost when Irenicus steals your divinity. Meaning that they'd only be 'overpowering' in early-mid SoA.

That, and I know that I'm not wish listing...but with the Hell Trials idea, let it be tied to alignment as well. No huge jumps though. Just shifting up or down 1 on the good-evil scale.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I imported my character from the end of BG1 into the Black Pits (RPing that the party was sucked into the Pits directly from the battle with Sarevok - which I used to explain the fact that BG1 ends so abruptly while there are still enemies remaining).

Can anyone confirm whether I would be able to import my party, or at least my charname, from the BPs into Adventure Y?

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited May 2015

I imported my character from the end of BG1 into the Black Pits (RPing that the party was sucked into the Pits directly from the battle with Sarevok - which I used to explain the fact that BG1 ends so abruptly while there are still enemies remaining).

Can anyone confirm whether I would be able to import my party, or at least my charname, from the BPs into Adventure Y?

You know that Baeloth is in BG1EE Main Campaign! Right? So the party from the Black Pits is another group of adventurers
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    edited May 2015
    Vasculio said:

You know that Baeloth is in BG1EE Main Campaign! Right? So the party from the Black Pits is another group of adventurers
    plus, you meet Baeloth in the Main Game once the Events of Blackpits 1 are over, so the stories overlap timewise and you might have to find some strange explanation for that role-play. I doubt you might be able to export into Adventure Y, because of BPs XP-cap being so much higher than BG1s. But I'm no expert on that account. :wink:
    Post edited by justfeelinathome on