Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    It is definitely a carrot illithid.

Think about it.

How in the nine hells could it stand up without psionics?!?

Plus... I reckon that the afore mentioned Neothelid eats them...
    wubble[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovlolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    procco said:

I sure hope Adventure Y doesn't feature inter dimensional phantom illithid carrot eating space rabbits. Or do I???

Make it a mod and I'm in :)
    procco[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Adul said:

It's also possible that the game will just involve the drow in general, since that saying was a generic greeting for dark elves in BG2.

I think the same. Yes, it can indeed mean a lonely (one without a house and queen) drow (both Baeloth and Viconia probably seem to be like that) but also it can mean a new sound line for a drow you meet (probably a leader of the scout/guard drow group) when your party has come down to the Underdark from the surface.
    Anduin
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    wubble said:

Project shark/beartrap: revenge of the inter dimensional phantom illithid carrot eating space rabbits.

I wonder what Boo would do?
    Anduin
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

wubble said:

Project shark/beartrap: revenge of the inter dimensional phantom illithid carrot eating space rabbits.

WWBD
    Anduin
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

wubble said:

GO FOR THE EYES!!!!
    LordRumfishBrer_RabbitAnduinPermidion_Stark
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Cuv said:

June 21st is the Summer Solstice. They said they would make an announcement in "late spring." If I haven't heard any news about Adventure Y by my birthday, then I'll know that was a lie.

Please make an announcement soon!

Late spring as in Edmonton. I just got confirmation today, that spring HAS COME to Edmonton this week.
    Late spring... soon, i guess.

Unless they meant Southern Hemisphere spring? that is half a year away
    I must be doing something either right or wrong to be quoted so much by people with blue backgrounds.

To clarify, my birthday is June 20th.

Also, @mlnevese I am certain they are talking about Earth. Would they really waste this much time and money for a Mars release of Adventure Y? Their market is clearly on Earth, Martians are so blasé about Earth games that I don't see it being a big seller there.
    mlneveseAnduinlolien
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Cuv said:

June 21st is the Summer Solstice. They said they would make an announcement in "late spring." If I haven't heard any news about Adventure Y by my birthday, then I'll know that was a lie.

Late spring as in Edmonton. I just got confirmation today, that spring HAS COME to Edmonton this week.

I must be doing something either right or wrong to be quoted so much by people with blue backgrounds.

Also, @mlnevese I am certain they are talking about Earth. Would they really waste this much time and money for a Mars release of Adventure Y? Their market is clearly on Earth, Martians are so blasé about Earth games that I don't see it being a big seller there.
    You know us well... Too well... Hmmmmm....
    Anduin
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Cuv said:

Technically, the summer solstice will occur at 10:39AM MDT (Edmonton time) on June 21, 2015. So, they could make the announcement at 10:38AM and still get in under the wire. :smiley:
    wubbleAnduinlolien
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937

Cuv said:

Technically, the summer solstice will occur at 10:39AM MDT (Edmonton time) on June 21, 2015. So, they could make the announcement at 10:38AM and still get in under the wire. :smiley:
    Touché.
    wubbleAnduinAstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Calmar said:

Wait... romance dialogue written by @Amber_Scott, voice acting by Jim Cummings, the Underdark...
    Will there be a Minsc romance?!?

Now I see why @Amber_Scott said that she was embarassed when he heard the Voice Actors reading the lines she wrote!
    Amber, you and your dirty mind! :wink:
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I would be laughing so loudly if i heard a voice actor scream out. "Hey sexy, do you want to take a look at me ditties?"
    DreadKhanlolien
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Cuv said:

Technically, they just promised an announcement. The announcement could be about another announcement in the future, or a launch of a count down clock with no word on what it is counting down to.
    AdulJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Technically, even Trent posting "I like cheese!" on Twitter could be referred to as an announcement. Let's hope that the announcement in question will be a bit more pertaining to all of our interests. :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    elminster said:

Calmar said:

elminster said:

As far as I know they are used correctly.

What is that, what did I hear? You called for a smartass? No problem, let's go!
    Ok. She's speaking a regional or local dialect that ultimately was approved of 17 years ago by TSR/WoTC. If they didn't want it they wouldn't have approved it. Your move. :p
    If they wanted her to sound foreign, that was definitely covered by her using that much older form of English in the first place. It's just as possible that someone forgot to double-check her lines or simply made up that escuse afterwards. Your move. :p
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Dee said:

"This is an announcement to announce that the announcement promised by the previous announcement regarding today's announcement has been canceled. An announcement will be posted regarding the expected date of the next announcement. We will make an announcement when we know that announcement will be made."

Wait, is this one of those infuriatingly obtuse buddhist koans?

YES! I make the next anouncment closer by drawing a NEW announcement a bit further away!

...so, what do I win?
    Anduin
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Anduin said:

I believe Amber Scott and Andrew Foley love gnomes. (Don't want to name drop too much... Can't disturb the work y

Its a holiday today in Canada :)
    DreadKhanJuliusBorisovAnduincmk24
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    STOP THAT!

IT'S SILLY!
    lolienAnduin
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Thank you @wubble. I rescind that last. 'Tis a silly post!
    lolienAnduin