Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    @bengoshi You are diligent, sirrah.
    JuliusBorisovlolienmlnevese
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @bengoshi , may the gods shine favourably upon you... In fact... Allow the gods to lick, burp and rub against you in a most favourable fashion for at least a week!

From this list... The true name of adventure Y is obvious!

BALDUR'S GATE AND THE OIL FIELD ROBOTICS OF DOOOOOOM ! ! !

Sounds like a dastardly adventure against oil barons disguising environmentally catastrophic oil refineries as gazebos...

Did I not foresee this on page 4... I think I did! I did y'know!
    AdullolienmlneveseJuliusBorisov
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Anduin said:

Sounds like a dastardly adventure against oil barons disguising environmentally catastrophic oil refineries as gazebos...

Also, one of the barons is a Bhaalspawn who has killed your dog.

The funny thing is, this plot would have more in common with the plot of BG1 than BG2 did. :tongue:
    lolienJuliusBorisovAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *Takes clairvoyance badge and runs away with it*
    lolienAnduin
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    *Opens Dimension Door, walks through it, and grabs Nimran*
    Anduin
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    OH OH! If we kill Nimran can I cast animate dead on the corpse?
    NimranelminsterAnduin
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *Nimran leaves his corporeal body behind due to actually being a ghost ferret*
    Vallmyr said:

OH OH! If we kill Nimran can I cast animate dead on the corpse?

Go right ahead, it's not really me anyway.

Anduin
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

*Que altered quote from Baldur's Gate II to fit into forum topic in hopes of it being funny for lots of Likes, Agrees and Insightfuls*

We are all heroes; you and @deltago and I. Likes and agrees everywhere, rejoice !
    elminsterWithinAmnesiaNonnahswriterlolien
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Grum said:

*Que altered quote from Baldur's Gate II to fit into forum topic in hopes of it being funny for lots of Likes, Agrees and Insightfuls*

We are all heroes; you and @deltago and I. Likes and agrees everywhere, rejoice !
    Not everone is a hero...

WithinAmnesia
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    I find it weird how throngs of people act contrived in hopes of garnishing themselves with the admiration of strangers.

*Posts silly relevant jokes -hoping to be clever-.. Everyone likes clever jokes right?* (___°...°___)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I'm a hero?

@Bengoshi can you do the same for Cameron Tofer? I think I asked you that before... but can you?
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited May 2015
    Vasculio said:

Grum said:

Not everone is a hero...

@Vasculio is the most vile of villains if he dared destroy a whole post! I can't believe that, and I have believed some amazing things, let me tell you!

@elminster is impressive, but now Grum leads! Insightfuls for everyone!
    elminsterVasculioAnduin
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Niiber the Conqueror? He's pretty badass.

In fact, he is the guy that hogged all the good stats from Noober and Neeber, which should explain some stuff.
    mlneveselolienNonnahswriterAnduin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    deltago said:

elminster said:
    "Mr. Five Lights" is David Warner http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001831/ (I did some Star Trek 'Chain of Command' research..)

He voiced Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn in 2000

So I predict that Jon Irenicus will have an appearance in some form in Adventure Y?
    Nope.

Dave Warner is going to voice the new Noober/Neeber recarnation.
    You mean the Improved Noober created by @CrevsDaak is now in the game? :)
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolienAnduin
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    wubble said:

elminster said:
    "Mr. Five Lights" is David Warner http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001831/ (I did some Star Trek 'Chain of Command' research..)

He voiced Jon Irenicus in Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn in 2000

So I predict that Jon Irenicus will have an appearance in some form in Adventure Y?
    Congratulations for figuring it out (I certainly wouldn't have), but I'm fairly certain this was figured out around 40 pages ago.
    There was at some point mention of some scheduling problems or something for one of the voice actors, so this is a nice bit of confirmation that Warner didn't wind up dropping out due to scheduling issues or the like.

Part of me is worried that Irenicus being in the game will lead to some sort of continuity gaffe or lessen the impact of Irenicus showing up in Baldur's Gate II. The other, larger part, doesn't care about all that as long as David Warner gets more awesome lines for me to listen to,
    lolienNonnahswriter
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    Ardanis said:

deltago said:

Dave Warner is going to voice the new Noober/Neeber recarnation.

Yeah, the Elminster's character. He didn't take kindly my refusal to continue with the Noober tradition, so he had to go and win the contest to make his dream come true.

Which wouldn't have been so bad, were it not for him doing QA on his character and pestering me with endless reports like "Heya, I think there's a dialog loop in his script." "I really need to test his VO in game and it's still not there, so what about now?" "Gee, you're really nice to me. All the other developers call me annoying pixie and kick me down the stairs." so by the end of day I'm like "CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE HIM STOP ROLEPLAYING HIS CHARACTER?!?!?!"
    Niiber (Noober's eviler cousin) is unveiled! :p
    JuliusBorisovlolienAnduin
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2015

So, a new voice over actor - Jacob Burgess - will be there!

We can listen to the samples of his work here: http://www.makewordshappen.com/

Seems to be a very fun guy;) We can listen to his interview here: http://www.thesoundarchitect.co.uk/jacobburgess/
    lolienAnduinAdulStarflower2525
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    bengoshi said:
    It's on Netflix, so I watched the episodes again tonight. Warner had some kick ass villian lines in the show.
    lolienAnduinelminster