Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    deltago said:

I'm a hero?

@Bengoshi can you do the same for Cameron Tofer? I think I asked you that before... but can you?

There're no registered domain records for Cameron Tofer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

bengoshi said:

There're no registered domain records for Cameron Tofer.

That's because there IS no Cameron Tofer. The man's a myth, a story little game programmers' mothers use to scare them when they're misbehaving. Check into it. There is no credible evidence the guy exists, and even if he did, there's no way a single human could have done all the things attributed to him. NO. WAY.

Now I know why everytime I write such a name, the autocorrect makes it Cameron Tiger.
    lolienwubbleNimranAnduin
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Oooh! New news to contemplate! Thanks, @elminster! And yes, your reasoning sounds reasonably sound (!) to me.
    elminsterAnduinJuliusBorisovlolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    We have a SHORTY!

WE HAVE A CONFIRMED SHORTY!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now we need a gnome and the prophecy shall be completed!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    Thanks a lot, @elminster both for the character and for the sharing of the information on him.

Now when we've learned that your character is a dwarf, and taking into account everything you've written about the lack of dwarves in BG games, of which I completely agree, I think that the chances of getting a joinable gnome or a joinable halfling in the Adventure Y, rather than a dwarf, have increased.
    AnduinlolienNimranNonnahswriter
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited May 2015
    @Anduin Demanding anything from the gods never ends well... Just read some Terry Pratchett for examples :)

Ask nicely and hope they don't listen. It may remind them you exist :)
    AnduinJuliusBorisovlolien
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    elminster said:

wojtek said:

ok it's not completely ready but give us something, screenshots maybe , something

Well you asked for it. :p

My characters name is

Daran Highhammer (of Clan Highhammer in the Icewind Dale region of course)

He's a fighter/thief neutral good dwarf.

omissis

In terms of the choice of the fighter/thief that one was more straightforward once I decided on a dwarf. There are no dwarf thieves in all of Baldur's Gate 1 and only two named dwarf thieves in Baldur's Gate 2 (Llynis and Jaylos) Ohh and you guessed it...they are both evil. :p (especially Llynis - whose claim to fame is stealing a teddy bear off the body of a dead kid).

I guess you are forgetting Montaron. :wink:

Anyway, congrats for this honour of getting a creation of yours into Adventure Y!
    elminster
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    If Alora somehow makes it into adventure Y in any shape I will be the MOST hype. If they kill her off though then I shall commit deeds most foul! In childish defiance I shall cast my most dark and evil (thread) necromancy! THREAD HASN'T BEEN COMMENTED ON IN TWO YEARS!? I RAISE THEE FROM THE DARKEST DEPTHS OF THE ABYSS!

MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

/account banned.

elminster[Deleted User]
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    bengoshi said:

Davide said:

elminster said:

wojtek said:

ok it's not completely ready but give us something, screenshots maybe , something

Well you asked for it. :p

My characters name is

Daran Highhammer (of Clan Highhammer in the Icewind Dale region of course)

He's a fighter/thief neutral good dwarf.

omissis

In terms of the choice of the fighter/thief that one was more straightforward once I decided on a dwarf. There are no dwarf thieves in all of Baldur's Gate 1 and only two named dwarf thieves in Baldur's Gate 2 (Llynis and Jaylos) Ohh and you guessed it...they are both evil. :p (especially Llynis - whose claim to fame is stealing a teddy bear off the body of a dead kid).

I guess you are forgetting Montaron. :wink:

imageMontaron: Leave me be, lest your head leave your neck. I'm a halfling, Arrrr!
    Blimey, I read "dwarf thieves" as "fighter thieves"... :blush:
    lolienelminster
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Nimran said:

Montaron, the angry halfling, kicking steriotypes in the balls since 1998.

Do all halflings hate root beer or is that just Montaron?
    AnduinelminsterVasculio
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Fiddleheads @Anduin.

You need to sacrifice those while eating broccoli.
    Anduinlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    deltago said:

Fiddleheads @Anduin.

You need to sacrifice those while eating broccoli.

Nooo! Don't harm our song! Leave us Fiddleheads alone!

Take us instead! Red Peppers will always stand up for the innocent!

Yea! Take them instead!
    NonnahswriterlolienArcalian
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Just received a very enlightening beamdog newsletter...

My sacrifices are working!
    elminsterAdullolienJuliusBorisov
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited May 2015
    so it is confirmed that till the end of june , we should got some kind of anouncement regarding to the game
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Elminster: I would make that dwarf an automatic add for every party in every one. Maybe even my solo ones...
    elminsterlolien
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited May 2015
    Do we have any info on whether @elminster 's dwarf NPC is recruitable?
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Since elminster talked about making a mod to make him joinable, i guess the answer is: initialy he won't be, but forumites get access to the "special edition" in which he will be. =P
    AdullolienJuliusBorisov