Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Aedan said:

Of course, it could just be that her voice has changed over the past 12 years and the commenter was mistaken.

That is my hope as well!
    Why is this a hope? I mean, why is 'Same Voice Actor Who Doesn't Remember How to Sound the Same' better than 'Different Voice Actor'? It doesn't really make much sense for one to be a better option, if neither sound remotely like Jaheira.
    JediMindTrixAdulJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited August 2015

'Same Voice Actor Who Doesn't Remember How to Sound the Same'

Wrong - Heidi Shannon voiced Jaheira 15 years ago; if she got hired for SoD and her voice sounds different, it's not because she forgot all of sudden "how to sound like Jaheira", but because voice can change over the years.
    Also, who said that "she sounds remotely like Jaheira"? We just have a video whose audio is not so good.
    As for me, I definitely think that it is better having the same actor with a slight different voice than having a new voice actor. That is my opinion.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    wubbleJuliusBorisovkaguana
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Aedan said:

Of course, it could just be that her voice has changed over the past 12 years and the commenter was mistaken.

That is my hope as well!
    Why is this a hope? I mean, why is 'Same Voice Actor Who Doesn't Remember How to Sound the Same' better than 'Different Voice Actor'? It doesn't really make much sense for one to be a better option, if neither sound remotely like Jaheira.
    @Eudaemonium hehe, welcome back:) long time no post.
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Aedan said:

'Same Voice Actor Who Doesn't Remember How to Sound the Same'

Wrong - Heidi Shannon voiced Jaheira 12 years ago; if she got hired for SoD and her voice sounds different, it's not because she forgot all of sudden "how to sound like Jaheira", but because voice can change over the years.
    Both are true. Regardless of how right your statement is, you came across as needlessly rude.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Jaheira sounded off but i thought it was a age thing... but who knows? Anyway.. whoever it is... did okay in my book.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582

@Dee So, if i understood you correctly, we could add back some BG1 NPCs into BG2EE, but not in the Dungeon? Do we have the capacity to add some in-character banters all over the game too?
    If yes, then we might as well start a poll, which 1 (2,3) NPCs people want to return.

I like Xan, Alora and Shar-Teel personally
    JuliusBorisov
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Baeloth, Xan and Kivan. I love my elf boys. Although there are mods for Xan and Kivan already.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    On the topic of the Black Pits 2 timeline. Spoilery stuff.

When you do Neera's quest in Throne of Bhaal, it seems that the BP2 arena in Thay is still in operation. I can't right recall what happens exactly at the end of the BP2 story, but doesn't your team somehow overthrow/kill Dennaton and/or shut down the arena? Because if so, the BP2 timeline cannot be concurrent with SoA if the arena is still in operation during ToB. And if that assumption is correct, that also means that Baeloth could actually be unoccupied during SoA without the need to remove him from BP2.

And regardless, I don't see much (or any) evidence to suggest that BP2 takes place during SoA, or even ToB. BP2 could be happening after the conclusion of the Bhaalspawn saga for all we know.
    JuliusBorisovcmk24
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited August 2015
    @Adul:

As I understand it, the argument for placing BP2 during ToB rather than afterwards is that in BP2 you fight a Bhaalspawn - there shouldn't be any more of those by the end of the saga.
    rorikonJuliusBorisovYannirAdul
    I do not know.
    Somewhere in this forum I read a post where they said they will give more details about VAs. I hope that eventually they will tell us something specific about this matter.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    bob_veng said:

uhhm... will goblins be a playable race (for the pc)?

Prepare yourself, subraces finally coming!
    :smiley:
    JuliusBorisovStarflower2525Grammarsalad
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Aedan said:

ImagesTime.com - Free Images Hosting

Phil usually rolls natural 20 against pitchforks, you better bring some stairs if you wanna scare him.
    booinyoureyeselminsterJuliusBorisovMetaSieg
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Edvin said:

bob_veng said:

uhhm... will goblins be a playable race (for the pc)?

Prepare yourself, subraces finally coming!
    :smiley:
    Wait- what?
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I thought someone said that Khalid sounded a bit different as well, if I recall from the live stream that I watched for like ten minutes.

I don't think having a new voice actor matters too much, as long as they sound passable.
    JuliusBorisovDragonspear
    Ardanis said:

Phil usually rolls natural 20 against pitchforks

Even against Italian pitchforks? :smiley:

Jokes aside, I hope that eventually he will tell us something.
    JuliusBorisov
  • johnpaul88johnpaul88 Member Posts: 18
    So, do I have to get BG:EE before getting this? I only have the original copy of Baldur's Gate and Shadow's of Amn.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

So, do I have to get BG:EE before getting this? I only have the original copy of Baldur's Gate and Shadow's of Amn.

Yes. BGEE will be required.
    AdulJuliusBorisovlolien
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Any news about the release of the two manuals?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Luke93 said:

Any news about the release of the two manuals?

Given the amount of story content they tend to contain, I wouldn't expect to see them released until launch day.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    new info on Dragonspear in 8 days on PAX ? can Beamdog comfirm that?
    JuliusBorisov
  • CendarCendar Member Posts: 27

You're gonna wanna get the enhanced editions of both games anyway :smile:, even if there were no SoD. Particularly the upgrades made to bgi are awesome, make the game a lot more playable and frankly I know you won't be disappointed if you're a fan of the franchise. This is from someone who has been playing these games since they came out.
    booinyoureyesMetaSieg
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Cendar said:

Would anyone else out there like to see them add a feature to all of the games where when you pick up loot that goes to a specific bag (I.e. gems for a gem bag, potions for the potion case etc...) That these items would just go there without having to do that pesky extra click for each one to put it in?... It would cut down looting time so nicely :smile:

Yes! You should put that in the feature request forum...
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovAdul
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    shawne said:

bob_veng said:

or be captured with you and brought to chateau irenicus. hypothetically. i mean, why not? wouldn't it be ideal?

Why not? Because the whole point of the opening sequence is that you're not supposed to come bursting out of the first dungeon with a full party. Same reason you don't start BG:EE outside Candlekeep with Jaheira, Khalid, Imoen, Minsc and Dynaheir.
    Then you could have dialogue conflicts from the start: If x, y or z join the party they will demand Minsc, Jaheira or Imoen to be throw off the party or Imoen, Jaheira or Minsc will demand it under penalty of leaving the party.

New dialogues to adapt old to new NPCs and make basic links between them are allowed, we already saw it in BG and BG2 EE.
  • TethorilofLathanderTethorilofLathander Member Posts: 427
    elminster said:

Aedan said:

@PhillipDaigle
    Can you tell us something about the VAs cast? Some info about Heidi Shannon would be very appreciated.
    If we do not get an answer soon, it could end very bad:

The second guy from the left seems very inquisitive. Like he's not yet committed to the whole pitchfork and torches idea. :smiley:
    ELMINSTER! What have I told you about medieval hipster shapeshifting! >:3
    JuliusBorisov