Skip to content

[MOD] -Might and Guile- a tweak mod and kit pack for warriors and rogues.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Scrolls in BG2 tend to boil down to scribing material or merchant fodder. They seldom ever get used to cast spells directly because they're so expensive.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    bob_veng
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    Hi there a quickie question... I would really like to try out new playthrough of IWD:EE using some of those multi class kits, but before I do it I would really like to know more about using them than just: "You'll need some totem or whatever to be one" which is more or less what readme says. I don't want to miss said item, especially since I want to try a rather unusual party combination, which should work, but not having the kit I planned for could potentially rather ruin the party :D So... can anyone slap me with some minor spoilers, please? :)
    Why thank you! One more question, do the character need to be some specific multiclass for the item to work? I.e. Fighter/mage for elven bladesinger? I would guess so, but I just want to be sure.
    Thank you again. Here have a :cookie: for your patience. And eat it quick there are rumours about some ferret that steals them... ;)
    semiticgoddess
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    lunar
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Ohhhh
    I really like those ideas for Bards!
    I really need to get around installing all these mods to IWD:EE and do another run XD
    ineth
    edited November 2015
    semiticgoddess
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited November 2015

Poop - I totally forgot about psionics! I want some low-level psionic abilities to be something rogues can learn as feats.

For basic psionic feats, I think they should be low-power, maybe usable at will, or once every 5 rounds or something... maybe similar to the SoB wizard cantrips. Hmmmm... let's brainstorm:

Telepathic Defense:
    - self: mind shield
    Telepathic Attacks:
    - target: save or sleep
    - target: save or stunned
    - target: save or blinded
    - target: save or panic
    Telekinesis:
    - inertial barrier (damage reduction)
    - energy resistance
    - battering ram (ranged blunt damage)
    - free action
    Psychometabolism:
    - camouflage
    - regeneration
    - haste
    Clairsentience:
    - farsight
    - see invisible

They would work like bard songs, if you get hit the effect is interrupted.

I figure some of these could be available for rogues to learn as feats (not all though, just a few)... then the psionicist class itself would have access to more, plus they would grow in power, plus they could get special area-based powers using the old bard song mechanic.

Hmmm..... it's a framework. When/how I actually do all this, I have no idea.

@subtledoctor you probably are familiar with Psionics Unleashed mod, but in case you not, maybe you'll find some inspiration there.
    edited November 2015
    Skatan
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2015
    the IWO won't install, am i missing something here?
    edited December 2015
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70

Sereverus said:

the IWO won't install, am i missing something here?

Yeah, you're missing a mod with high-quality coding! :tongue:

And here is one: M&G v1.5.1, with the IWO fixed.

https://github.com/subtledoctor/Might_and_Guile/releases/tag/1.5.1

Sorry about that! (Quick explanation: this give a -1 off-hand thac0 penalty for heavy weapons like flails, bastard swords, and katanas. I had the effect coded like this:
    ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=305 parameter1=(-1) END
    ...but for some reason it needs to be like this:
    ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT INT_VAR opcode=305 parameter1=(0 - 1) END
    Why? I don't know. But in any event it should install now. :)
    lol it would be something like that lol ^w^
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    edited December 2015
    LOREMASTER bard kit:
    "Through their devoted study of the past, gain a fundamental understanding of many strange magical items not normally usable by the bard class. Thus, they can use any magical item."

This works fine I guess.

"Loremasters' studies enhance their understanding of magic, such much that they cast spells as if they were one level higher."

All spells which I've choose are disabled. Are loremasters suppose to have those spells?
    Post edited by ALIEN on
    edited December 2015
    @subtledoctor
    Clean BG2:EE, no even voice mods:
    WeiDU

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #100 // IWO: Item & Weapon Overhaul: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #160 // STO: Saving Throw Overhaul: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Revised Stat Bonuses: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #205 // Revised Hit Point Tables: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #210 // Revised XP Tables: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #215 // Revised Spellcasting Tables: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #250 // Revised Berserker and Rage: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #255 // Revised Rangers: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #260 // Revised Kensai: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #265 // Revised Monk Fists: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #270 // Revised Bards: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #275 // Revised Shadowdancer: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #310 // Add the Corsair (fighter kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #320 // Add the Marksman (fighter kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #322 // Add the Elven Archer (ranger kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #324 // Add the Halfling Slinger (ranger or fighter kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #360 // Add the Barbarian Ranger (ranger kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #410 // Add the Sniper (thief kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #420 // Add the Scout (thief kit) and revise the Swashbuckler: v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #450 // Add the Jongleur (bard kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #460 // Add the Loremaster (bard kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #470 // Add the Gallant (bard kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #480 // Add the Meistersinger (bard kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #490 // Add the Loresinger (bard kit): v1.5
    ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #500 // Add Multiclass Kits: v1.5

Creating character an choosing spell: http://prntscr.com/9943m1
    Start of the ToB (wrong string reference for polish) http://prntscr.com/9944fm
    Spellbook: http://prntscr.com/9946kf

Still, caont use spells after rest: http://prntscr.com/9946v8
    Well, It was only a test, I might do some more but I don't know what is CLAB and have little to none IE klownege. If I/my version of the game could be userfull for debugging, please explain what I have to do.
    edited December 2015
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I would lump clubs in with maces. The movements for using a short, one-handed blunt weapon are completely different from using a two-handed long weapon. Quarterstaves actually have more in common with spears than clubs, the jab to the chest is a standard move for both.

I might also add one-handed axes in with clubs and maces, the fighting style is quite similar.

I wouldn't put flails with anything else, controlling the head(s) has got to be a special skill all its own.

I do like clubs in BG1, Jaheira comes with the proficiency, and you can get a +2 club pretty early.
    semiticgoddessPantalion
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited December 2015
    BillyYank said:

I would lump clubs in with maces. The movements for using a short, one-handed blunt weapon are completely different from using a two-handed long weapon. Quarterstaves actually have more in common with spears than clubs, the jab to the chest is a standard move for both.

*snip*

Agree to this. I guess it depends on whether you want it 'realistic' or just more balanced @subtledoctor. I've always said the same as @billyYank, swinging a mace and swinging a club is exactly the same, though the mace may weigh a bit more but that's already taken care of with STR req's. I like staff maces but I think it's kinda ridiculous that it's in staff prof category instead of club/mace category, since the movement pattern for them are so different.

Btw, you forgot about warhammers. A warhammer has a very heavy head and may be similar to an axe in how you handle it (this is a stretch, I know). So you might want to stick warhammers and axes in a combined prof category.