Skip to content

Happy New Year!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
One hour ago New Year celebrations have begun around the world with the Pacific islands of Samoa and Kiribati!

20 minutes ago Melbourne and Sydney welcomed 2016!

So, Happy New Year, everyone!
brusCaeriaNonnahswriter[Deleted User]Montresor_SP[Deleted User]NotabarbiegirlAerakarAstroBryGuyFlashburnTeflonMusignySjerriedunbarlolienSkatan

Comments

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I wish you a happy 2016 full of great moments and little worries!
    NotabarbiegirlbrusMusignyJuliusBorisov
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Happy New Year, adventurers!
    Happy New Year Beamdog!
    brusNotabarbiegirlAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    The drunks are real. I don't think I've heard this many people tell me thank you and offer to buy me a beer or a drink...

Heck I I work charity with my pops when I can go home over the summer. So many people giving thanks to me for helping them get drunk...

No words, just no words.
    Happy new years I guess, its just means another year of troubles, problems, and stress for me.
    NotabarbiegirlJuliusBorisov
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    DragonKing, I didn't understand you. You're helping them get drunk for charity ? :confused:
    New year, new worries, problems as every other year. That's life. :smiley:
    MusignyJuliusBorisov
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Happy New Yea, everyone :) And thank you very much, @Shandyr !

Last year I've posted my resolutions on this forums. There were 6 of them. 3 I've completed, one I am not sure about (I wanted an intership in coaching company. After all, didn't had my intership there, but I still managed to train some competences I hoped for). 2 points however turned to be failure. I still learned something through that though.

Just saying.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Happy belated new-years everyone!

In Sweden we also have a greeting we say after new year's which is translated to "happy continuation", so Happy Continuation everyone :smiley:

Btw, @Montresor_SP, are you swedish as well or is just that both our contries like that scene? I must have seen it 20 times in the last 34 years, hehe..
    Montresor_SPAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Skatan said:

Happy belated new-years everyone!

In Sweden we also have a greeting we say after new year's which is translated to "happy continuation", so Happy Continuation everyone :smiley:

Btw, @Montresor_SP, are you swedish as well or is just that both our contries like that scene? I must have seen it 20 times in the last 34 years, hehe..

No, I'm Danish. :smile:
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Ah ok. Didn't know our countries shared that tradition. Is Ivanhoe always aired on the day after new years in Denmark as well then? It's been a (rather ridiculuous) tradition in Sweden for a long, long time and I've spend many hours being hung-over in front of that movie to the point where I now can recite most dialogues before they are said in the movie :P
    Montresor_SPJuliusBorisov
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    No, our only TV tradition on January 1st is the ski jumping from Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

And of course the first hours of the new year are very traditional - a few minutes' live footage of a crowd of drunk people cheering and shooting fireworks in Copenhagen's Town Hall Square, then the Danish TV's choir singing New Year's songs and the national anthems (we have two!), and then the midnight mass.

Apparently the Dinner for One/90-Year Birthday sketch is popular in many countries, except for the English-speaking ones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinner_for_One#International_broadcasts
    SkatanJuliusBorisov