Skip to content

Trans person responds to Amber Scott and the other writers

MordschlagMordschlag Member Posts: 4

Camus34atakdogMephiston87Montresor_SPSilysunset00Ser_ElrykScedosLoldrupMenaphosWarChiefZeke

Comments

• Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    Thank you for this valuable contribution to the ongoing discussion.
    EnialusMeliamnemf2112Sylvus_Moonbow
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Philosophical question: In the Forgotten Realms, trans people have been a thing since the setting started. They are accepted and all that. So...a trans person in that world would probably not have suffered bigotry and such things as a trans person in our world has had to go through?
    GarmYupImMadBro
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Orcs suffer it because of the orc blood. Orcs are evil and eat people etc. Half-elves, I think, are more troubled people. They feel they don't fit in anywhere.

Trans people are accepted. The creator of the forgotten realms even said this. Changing gender is fairly common too. There are low level spells that lets you do that.

Anyway. Food for thought, no?
    YupImMadBro[Deleted User]Nonnahswriter
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Ashiel said:

Please stop trying to help. You may wear a fireman's coat but your hoses are spraying gasoline.

Ha. This can be said about every portrayal of trans people ever. :) Allies! <3;)

Either we tell non-trans people not to try to portray trans people.
    -or-
    Someone does it perfect then we all point to it as an example, hoping the next portrayals will be better.</p>
    How about Sense8? How was the portrayal in that?
    [Deleted User]
    edited April 2016
    booinyoureyesGozeta
  • Mephiston87Mephiston87 Member Posts: 178
    I haven't met a trans person before, but whether you have a penis or a vagina, or wished you have a penis or a vagina it makes zero difference to me. If I was a girl I would wish for a penis too. we're all people in the end, an old legacy pc game should not be the place to push any agenda either way. You might think you are helping them by pushing the agenda but your not at all, your just making them cop the blame/become a target which is unfair.

Iv met homosexuals tho and other then trying to get into my pants they were nice, was a bit awkward telling them I was straight tho.
    Loldrup
    edited April 2016
    Ashiel said:

Ashiel said:

Please stop trying to help. You may wear a fireman's coat but your hoses are spraying gasoline.

Ha. This can be said about every portrayal of trans people ever. :) Allies! <3;)

-or-
    Someone does it perfect then we all point to it as an example, hoping the next portrayals will be better.</p>
    Well, there's a big difference between discussing issues and beating people over the head with them. I've watched some nice talk shows that discuss these issues in a positive light. There's a lot of people that are discussing these issues in a positive light. A lot of progress is happening.

But the thing is, you then have this group of highly vocal and irritating people that make demands (often irrational demands) (such as a character in a recent campaign, played by a friend, who had two mothers because magic allows that to be a reproductive possibility)reaction to the criticism just threw a match on the grill.
    It's a cool idea, 4 boobies to feed From makes a very fat baby tho.
    Ashiel
    edited April 2016
    booinyoureyesAshielNimranLoldrup

Ashiel said:

Ashiel said:

-or-
    Well, there's a big difference between discussing issues and beating people over the head with them. I've watched some nice talk shows that discuss these issues in a positive light. There's a lot of people that are discussing these issues in a positive light. A lot of progress is happening.

But the thing is, you then have this group of highly vocal and irritating people that make demands (often irrational demands) (such as a character in a recent campaign, played by a friend, who had two mothers because magic allows that to be a reproductive possibility)reaction to the criticism just threw a match on the grill.
    If the moms give no quarter, the baby goes hungry (bad pun, sorry)
    Mephiston87
    Rawgrim said:

Ashiel said:

Ashiel said:

-or-

If the moms give no quarter, the baby goes hungry (bad pun, sorry)
    Hey it was a good Pun I even had to stare at it for 5 seconds well done.
    Rawgrim
  • uglyaardvarkuglyaardvark Member Posts: 22
    There are only 2 types of people in this world, those that grant xp and those that get in the way of xp and end up doing it anyway...Lawful Evil for the win!
    [Deleted User]booinyoureyes
    edited April 2016
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Thanks for adding to the bullshit, instead of taking away from it.
    edited April 2016

Thanks for adding to the bullshit, instead of taking away from it.

U talking to the topic maker?

• BillyBroBillyBro Member Posts: 62
    The poster should give us proof of his/her transgender status. We need pictures. Otherwise it's just a smear campaign.
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    edited April 2016
    It doesn't really matter if the review was written by a trans person or not, it's glaringly idiotic regardless and not worth any further consideration. Just because someone is trans doesn't mean we just have to sit and nod while they talk nonsense.
    [Deleted User]NonnahswriterAlpinia

Eh, I wouldn't be so certain about that actually being a transgendered person. GamerGate and specifically a certain segment (4/8 chan) of its supporters have a history of using sock puppets. They did that against feminists on twitter a while back with the #banfathersday hoax and a ton of them were busted for using stolen photos (often from stock photo sites) and fake information. So yeah, until I see a facebook page and can confirm its actually a transgendered person, I usually take these things with a grain of salt. If you want to give your argument credibility the easiest way to do it is to pretend to be a member of the group being discussed. :open_mouth:

I'll look into this Jinx person and see if I can find anything.

Does what the poster Say make Sense? Has it painted A target on them? Has it caused mass Controversy? Whether it's a legit transsexual or Not, the post Follows perfect logic.

It's newton's 3rd law of cause and effect.
  • abentwookieabentwookie Member Posts: 91
    edited April 2016
    BillyBro said:

The poster should give us proof of his/her transgender status. We need pictures. Otherwise it's just a smear campaign.

No, I just want proof that the person is who they claim to be.... I could just as easily go on a conservative forum and say they are wrong about everything and then say, "hey, I'm a conservative myself" to give my argument a perceived credibility with the group. The reality is that GamerGate has a history of doing that sort of thing so when I see this, the person doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me.
    In a setting where nearly any hedge wizard worth a spit could cast polymorph, why would there be actual transgender, they would just go get a spell cast and actually be what they want, hell why stop at transgender, you can transpecies, pretty much whatever you want, all you need is coin and a wizard.
    AshielKidCarnival
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    Yeah, his character was a member of a race of shapeshifters (kumiho, the korean version of the kitsune fox demons) and they kinda ate people. The character's parents were the elite assassins of an ogre magi (oni) crimelord who had carved out a very respectable position in this foreign land's criminal underground. Though they were his best assassins, their life was something of a gilded cage as they were owned by their lord. One of the character's mothers, the most elite of the elite assasins in fact (and often noted for being the most evil and ruthless of them) was also the most rebellious and was prone to escaping for a while before being captured and returned to the lord.

When she escaped and gave birth to the PC, she left the child to fend for itself to allow it a chance for freedom. This somewhat enraged the oni shogun and he intended to, eventually, reclaim what was his. Later, when the PC was an adult, she got by on drifting from place to place and murdering people in secret so she could feed (kumiho in their lore are required to devour the life essence of humans, typically by eating important organs like your liver). She eventually, accidentally, fell into an adventuring party and found that worked well for her (she for the first time was doing heroic things and helping people and she liked that, and it happened that adventuring parties tend to leave a lot of dead sentient creatures in their wake for her to feed on).

She eventually discovered her mother, slipped away with her. Her other mother was sent to reclaim the mother that gave birth to her, and was almost BBQ'd by the party until Mother #1 was like "No, don't kill her, she's your father!" or something to that effect. Seriously, shapeshifters are delightfully trippy.
  • feersum_endjinnfeersum_endjinn Member Posts: 65
    Maybe that's what Mizhena did. After all, no-one actually uses the word trans or transgender in game. Or if the idea of an actual trans character upsets you, just pretend that they got confused when she was born and thought she was a boy but it turns out otherwise. Then you can enjoy the rest of your life without worrying about this controversy again.
    As a cleric of an otherwise useless deity she is just gonna get eaten by orcs anyhow
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Eh, I wouldn't be so certain about that actually being a transgendered person. GamerGate and specifically a certain segment (4/8 chan) of its supporters have a history of using sock puppets. They did that against feminists on twitter a while back with the #banfathersday hoax and a ton of them were busted for using stolen photos (often from stock photo sites) and fake information. So yeah, until I see a facebook page and can confirm its actually a transgendered person, I usually take these things with a grain of salt. If you want to give your argument credibility the easiest way to do it is to pretend to be a member of the group being discussed. :open_mouth:

I'll look into this Jinx person and see if I can find anything.

Mephiston87Ashiel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AyiekieNonnahswriterGreenWarlockbooinyoureyes
This discussion has been closed.