Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaBhaalspawn

1161718192022»

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    I wasn't able to finish BG2 with SCS. I wasn't even able to finish D'Arnise Keep.
    But one day... one day...
    lolienjackjackCrevsDaak
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @Artona

I find D'Arnise Keep hard full stop.

I suppose that's a confession?
    CrevsDaak
    Yesterday I went back all the way from Resurrection Gorge to take Aerie - just to sacrifice her to summon Ur-Gothoz.
    And today I feel bad because of it. :(
    MacHurtojackjackCrevsDaakmashedtaters
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    When I was a kid I used to call Sarevok "Saverok". I still think it sounds more badass.
    ButtercheesejackjackCrevsDaakmashedtaters
    edited May 2016
    Confession: in my headcannon, my Bhaalspawn, Hero of Neverwinter and Heroine of Undertide & Underdark always meet at some point - and that meeting always is based on my Bhaalspawn alignment: if he is bad, then Hero and Heroine are trying to stop some evil plan of his to gain more power, is he is good, then they form some kind of super-squad to fight evil.

Confession: "Without Me" by Eminem has the best music video ever made.

EDIT:
    Confession: my Steam just downloaded some update for BG1 at it messed up my NPC banters mod - just when I started another run. Great. -_-
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakAchterklad
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Lawful Neutral...but who does Charname see?

Ajantis (lawful good)
    The Helmite priest in Nashkel (ignored the law to save Bragg, lawful good not lawful neutral)
    The Helmite priests in Amn (fight beholder cult and help the Lathamderites, comes across good)
    The Helmite spirit (that asks him to follow duty but let's charname follow his morals)

Helm and Helmites come across as lawful good unless you do the cleric stronghold as a cleric of Helm
    JuliusBorisovBelgarathMTH
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    Confession #1: Without using traps, I probably couldn't finish any of the games.

Confession #2: I can't play the game without having the Longer Road mod installed; I also treat Lady Dorotea's subsequent online novel, Bitter Grey Ashes, as canon.

The next two are more to do with my headcanon take on the series, so excuse the ensuing lore-rape:

Confession #3: My protagonist from Icewind Dale was the mother of my protagonist in Icewind Dale II, who was the mother of Alianna, who was the mother of Sarevok, Imoen, and Gorion's Ward (fraternal triplets... ouch; Mulhorandi, Bedine, and Reghedmen descent). Gorion's Ward was the father of... well, we'll have to wait and find out, won't we?

Confession #4: On top of this, my character's rabbit familiar has been in their family ancestry for centuries, and is effectively "passed down" to the eldest child of his last owner (being Gorion's Ward, Alianna's firstborn). He likes carrot cake and mead.
    ArtonaSjerrieMontresor_SP
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Confession: My charnames do meth green scrolls
    SmilingSwordMontresor_SPAchterkladlolien
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Grum said:

Lawful Neutral...but who does Charname see?

Ajantis (lawful good)
    The Helmite priest in Nashkel (ignored the law to save Bragg, lawful good not lawful neutral)
    The Helmite priests in Amn (fight beholder cult and help the Lathamderites, comes across good)
    The Helmite spirit (that asks him to follow duty but let's charname follow his morals)

Helm and Helmites come across as lawful good unless you do the cleric stronghold as a cleric of Helm

I don't know how things where in 2nd edition, but I know that in later versions a Cleric could be one step removed from his god on the alignment chart. That means Helmite Priests can be either Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral and even Lawful Evil.
    Troodon80Sjerrie
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

That means Helmite Priests can be either Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, True Neutral and even Lawful Evil.

That's how it is in BG:EE/BG2:EE, though the Faiths & Avatars sourcebook states Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, Neutral, and Chaotic Neutral.
    Buttercheese
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited May 2016
    Confession: before my current Charname (pure Avenger) I have never played a pure class of anything that can also be dual'd or multi'd. There has been only one bard as of yet and one paladin.

Confession: it irks me somewhat that Bodhi's minions (the "mysterious" figures on the streets at night) are so obviously vampire. Could be that I, as a player, know too much about vampire ways, but I'd expect any of my Charnames or party members with a decent intelligence score (which is most of them) to realize that something is definitely wrong. Especially those with divine or divinatory powers.
    GrumlolienSkatanmf2112
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Confession: I'm drawn to solo because I don't want to waste XP on people who won't get it in BG2. Also, *I* want that XP.

New goal: NPC project BG1 with a single class, which I've also never played. Perhaps with the XP bonus on in SCS Insane to work out that problem for myself.
    Sjerrielolien
    Just finished Black Pits 2 and I gotta say: I feel insulted by the ending.
    mf2112GrumHalfOrcBeastmasterlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Artona said:

Just finished Black Pits 2 and I gotta say: I feel insulted by the ending.

Lvl 30ish Mage in your party goes "whelp,'nothing I can do about this..."
    mf2112ArtonaHalfOrcBeastmasterlolien
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Confession: Whenever I stuff my familiar in my backpack on grounds of "too much danger", I inevitably forget it, and it sits there till the next battle that makes me think of it.
    lolien