Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @JuliusBorisov: I don't know why I couldn't get Cernd to fight Faldorn. I don't have multiplayer; I created Blueberry and Laosha using the "Create Party" option. There are no druids in the party; Cernd should have been the only option for challenging Faldorn.
    JuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Well, the thing he gives you is stolen, so maybe he's trying to rid himself of it so the Flaming Fist aren't hunting him for it, (sort of like when Saemon gives you the silver sword blade).
    WinterisleJuliusBorisovlolienProont
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I think EE is responsible for the glow of the windows.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    @semiticgod Then I'd be curious if anyone could share a screenshot of original Candlekeep at night.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I figure this is technically the proper thread to ask so

whats a rilmani? these blue guys in WK have me wondering everytime.
    lunarlolien
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    If you beat BGEE and transfer to SoD while hosting Viconia in party, cursed with Helm of Opposite Alignment, she will retain the curse (With all her equipment) with a twist. Her base alignment will be Neutral Good while her cursed alignment will be her formerly base Neutral Chaotic.

I wonder what happens with Girdle of Femininity and Masculinity.
    WinterislelolienProontSkatan
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

One of the Prismatic Spray spell's effects is an instant death effect that bypasses normal immunities. Instead of using the Disintegrate, Slay Living, or vorpal strike opcode, it uses poison damage. On a failed save, it deals poison damage equal to 100% of the target's HP. This means undead and other poison-immune enemies will be unaffected by it, but others may be instantly slain even if they're immune to instant death effects.

Prismatic Spray is also one of the few area-effect damage spells that is party-friendly.

I never use it because of the disintegrate effect, but the description doesn't read like party friendly as it says "All creatures caught within the area of effect..." instead of "All enemies...". The poison effect looks interesting but I hate when disintegration destroys the loot.
    semiticgoddessdunbarlolienProont
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    edited June 2016

Tethtoril's lightning attack has an even nastier instant-death effect: it sets the target's current HP to -11. The only thing that could protect someone against this is something that makes them immune to the damage opcode (Shield of Lathander does this in Icewind Dale). Although its damage type is electricity, having 100% electricity resistance won't protect against it. Tethtoril's lightning attack is known in the game's files as Deity Kill. It makes you wonder why Tethtoril isn't the one beating up all the would-be deities you encounter in the Baldur's Gate games.

Which seems kinda unfair since I can't cast a spell like that with my level 31 Invoker when Tethtoril over here is only level 16 canonically...
    lolienProont
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2016
    abazigal5 said:

Tethtoril's lightning attack has an even nastier instant-death effect: it sets the target's current HP to -11. The only thing that could protect someone against this is something that makes them immune to the damage opcode (Shield of Lathander does this in Icewind Dale). Although its damage type is electricity, having 100% electricity resistance won't protect against it. Tethtoril's lightning attack is known in the game's files as Deity Kill. It makes you wonder why Tethtoril isn't the one beating up all the would-be deities you encounter in the Baldur's Gate games.

Which seems kinda unfair since I can't cast a spell like that with my level 31 Invoker when Tethtoril over here is only level 16 canonically...
    This is a demonstration of how Mystra, Oghma, and Deneir are protecting him from attack.

As far as why he doesn't go about attacking everyone he can find (referring to OlvynChuru's statement). Well, he's got a job to do in Candlekeep. Plus unless he's been attacked before there isn't any reason he would know he has protection.
    Post edited by elminster on
    lolienDaevelonProont
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Did you know circlets and headbands have their own live animations upon characters, like helmets?

I sure as heck didn't. Must have been part of that integrated bonus pack. Don't recall this in vanilla. Looks awesome.
    DJKajurulolien
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2016

I doubt it's a coincidence, given that Tieflings are literally born from the abyss.

One correction here: Tieflings can be descended from any fiend. Devil, Yugoloth or Demon.
    Or in other words, creatures from the Lower Planes.
    ArdullolienJuliusBorisovProont
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited June 2016
    Jarrakul said:

deltago said:

Doppelganger. His voice over work in SoD confirms it.

Man, he's really committed to his cover, then. "All the other doppelgangers are trying to kill me. I could reveal myself, thereby showing them that I'm not actually an enemy, but that would be breaking character, and a true actor never breaks character!"
    He's quite something, then!
    As far as I've seen throughout the game , dopplegangers are good shapechangers but poor actors.
    lolienJuliusBorisovPermidion_StarkProont