Skip to content

Who should be the next president of the Divided States of Vegetables?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Even the results of this poll didn't expect such an outcome.
    mashedtatersPteran
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I wonder if the final results will show a landslide.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I was betting on Clinton.

That said, in the absence of good options, always pick the craziest one, it may yet surprise you :)
    mashedtaters
    All I can say is democrats should have gone with Beanie Sanderspinach. People don't harbor the deepened hatred for him that they do for Brococlinton. He would have won instead of Trumpiflower for sure.
    Montresor_SPNonnahswritersmeagolheart
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

I wonder if the final results will show a landslide.

Right now they are showing Clinton won the popular vote but not in a landslide. So the majority of people in the USA did not want him as president.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddessAnduin
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    People often cite "but the popular vote", particularly when they lose. Unfortunately, the popular vote is irrelevant--only the electoral vote matters. I have argued against the electoral college before--there is no reason why Cook County in Illinois (where Chicago is located) should swing the entire State but the system is what it is. An analysis of the county-by-county results show that this election, just like the ones in 2008 and 2012, highlight a disconnect between people in large cities versus people outside those cities. Most of New York, from a geographic point of view, voted Republican; however, because New York County outweighs the rest of the State all that matters is how New York City votes.

Trump earned 56.77% of the electoral votes, which does not qualify as a "landslide". I am not a fan of landslides, in any event--they tend to make people use the word "mandate" and nothing good every comes from mandates.
    ThacoBellGirewanmashedtaters
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
    smeagolheartAnduinmashedtaters
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    That's probably due to the voting nightshades.
    Anduin
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited November 2016
    Sorry I'm late. I don't like any of the candidates so rolled a die. It was D3 so I rolled 3 times and got 666. Pretty sure that was a vote for Trumpflower.
    [Deleted User]Anduinmashedtaters
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mashedtatersspacejaws
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Hang on... I thought this was a poll?

I WON ALREADY!

mashedtatersspacejawsJuliusBorisov
    mashedtatersspacejaws
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    edited November 2016
    I don't care who wins, I stand by my original post in this thread. Insurrection against the rotten vegetables above ground through clandestine underground garden plots. Broccolinton and Trumpflower are both symptoms of a two veggie political system, which is hardly a balanced diet.
    WowoThacoBell
    Shandyr said:

Anduin said:

Hang on... I thought this was a poll?

I WON ALREADY!

Yeah but you did not win. At the moment it's a tie but @spacejaws vote for you does not count because the polling stations had been closed already :tongue:

So Shandillary Broccolinton wins with a majority of 1
    So just like real life Brococlinton wins the popular vote but lost the election. This was one poll that was accurate.
    [Deleted User]mashedtatersspacejawslolien
    mashedtatersspacejawsAnduin
    Shandyr said:

So just like real life Brococlinton wins the popular vote but lost the election. This was one poll that was accurate.

Wait what... no... why? I have... lost?

Shandillary Broccolinton has lost? But but... I have most of the votes, how can that be?

Oh my God. But but but but Donalduin is evil and stuff.
    How could he have won?

Nooooooooooo :s
    Donalduin must have been right about one thing about it being rigged. So he should totally not accept the results of a rigged election like he said.
    [Deleted User]mashedtaters
    I find the hate on facebook right now incredibly ironic. I even saw someone take back their prayers for Florida not to be hit by hurricane Matthew. A little extreme.

And all this time they were calling the Trumpiflower voters haters and sore losers.

Wow...irony.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessSharGuidesMyHanddunbar
    Thousands of people are protesting right now.
    mashedtaters
    I know. It's pretty ironic that those protesting now were saying how much they were afraid of the opposite side protesting at the inevitable loss.
    SharGuidesMyHand

I know. It's pretty ironic that those protesting now were saying how much they were afraid of the opposite side protesting at the inevitable loss.

The other side was never going to peacefully protest
    semiticgoddessmashedtaters
    edited November 2016
    True. But the other side never claimed the holier than thou attitude, edit: which is why I find it ironic.
    Post edited by mashedtaters on

They can protest if they like. But ultimately, the protests will go nowhere, and they should go nowhere. If you didn't want Trump to win, you had a chance to stop him. I spoke out in favor of Hillary and I voted for her; those are the powers we have as citizens to influence our elections.

We had our chance. We had our vote. And we had our election.

Today is November 9. It's too late.

And unlike Trumpiflower and his supporters, that was Brococlinton's campaign message from the very beginning of this election: We will accept the voice of the people. She is trying to set an example to all of us to accept the election, and even called Trumpiflower to congratulate him on his victory in good modesty and sport.

As an American people, we should all follow the example she has set, and heed her advice to accept and support our new president, even if we don't like him.

It's time to stop being divided by hatred and party lines and build ourselves into something we can all be proud of.
    [Deleted User]semiticgoddess
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    This should be our flag if we are coming together as one:

mashedtaters[Deleted User]
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Ye. Time for peace. A coming together. As vegetable in chef. I extend the leaf of kindness.
    mashedtatersJuliusBorisov