Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    JoenSo said:

On a related note: was there ever a point with the little vestibule except for talking to the cleaners? What is the point of it in-universe even?

Non rep hitting XP.
    JoenSoCrevsDaak
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovJoenSoCrevsDaakProont
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

haha, that's fantastic! I can't find it right now, but in one of the original trailers for BG1, the kobolds are clearly voiced by the developers. It's great. XD

Haha, oh, wow! Maybe it's the same sound effect that somehow remained for the spanish version? I should add that I've only played original BG2 in spanish, so maybe it isn't in other versions.

I did find the strange golem sound in this video at around 2:12. It never fails to brighten up my day.

[Deleted User]JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    JoenSo said:

Golems also get a hilarious gurgling sound.

JoenSo said:

I did find the strange golem sound in this video at around 2:12.

Hilarious! But that doesn't sound like "gurgling" to me ... more like puking! (Or, on reflection, perhaps like part of maori haka.)
    JoenSoCrevsDaakmarzbarz
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A friend of mine showed me some videos of a Maori haka she took on vacation to New Zealand. It was quite cool. Lots of shirtless bronze men hitting their muscles like drums.

Too bad the women didn't take part in the haka.
    CrevsDaakProont
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    So Centeol is a Spider Spider Centeol?

Hilarious! But that doesn't sound like "gurgling" to me ... more like puking! (Or, on reflection, perhaps like part of maori haka.)

Yeah, I realized while writing that my english vocabulary might be too limited to describe... that.

DJKajuruCrevsDaak
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    In the BG1's files, Angelo is known as Galdor. Maybe that's his last name or something?
    GoturalCrevsDaakProont
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Maybe that's his last name or something?

Er, no. We're told in-game that his surname is Dosan.
    CrevsDaakelminsterOlvynChuruProont
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    The wine container in durlags basement next to the wine machine gets visually filled up but only if you open the secret door next to it. it will do so regardless if you actually used the machine.
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]Proont
    JoenSo said:

Did you know that the spanish dub replaces the sound effects of kobolds with what is obviously someone having great fun imitating a dog? Golems also get a hilarious gurgling sound.

The french ogre was a literal pillar of my childhood BG experience. can't get any more epic.

the french male commoners were also really good. especially the drunken laughing one.
    CrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    @BillyYank For whatever reason I don't have those files on my Mac versions of the game. I have a couple Baldur.lua files but I am hesitant to mess with them! :blush:
    CrevsDaak
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Enilwyn said:

@BillyYank For whatever reason I don't have those files on my Mac versions of the game. I have a couple Baldur.lua files but I am hesitant to mess with them! :blush:

You need to extract it with Near Infinity
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

since Drizzt can see through invisibility, as a mage you can just use fireshield + otiluke sphere on yourself and go make a sandwich

He makes a lot more use of his Druid spells now, though, so will that do enough in light of his Resist Fire/Cold?
    CrevsDaak
    edited December 2016

since Drizzt can see through invisibility, as a mage you can just use fireshield + otiluke sphere on yourself and go make a sandwich

He makes a lot more use of his Druid spells now, though, so will that do enough in light of his Resist Fire/Cold?
    his resist fire is script-casted and I believe it's about level 1 of power. so it only lasts a few rounds at best. it is trivial
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaaklolienProont
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

his resist fire is script-casted and I believe it's about level 1 of power. so it only lasts a few rounds at best. it is trivial

1 rd/level, so if you're right, then it is trivial. If not...well, you've done this and I haven't, so I guess I shouldn't question you. I'll just add that one should probably use both Fireshields (from a scroll if necessary) just to be safe. The other problem of course being those stupid healing spells he uses.
    CrevsDaak