Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Grum said:

DJKajuru said:

Whenever you say that you don't always save ginia and ason, a completionist player loses his wings.

I'm too busy wondering why you can't just hire him to take yourself back to the mainland after Spellhold. He's certainly more trustworthy than Saemon. Hell, a really savvy player could (or should) ask Captain Golin to take you back in exchange for saving Claire, seeing how Saemon would have already betrayed you and left you with no sure means of transport back after you (presumably) would defeat Irenicus at the asylum.
    That's like asking why you can't just buy your own ship and sail there (and back) yourself.
    You don't know where the island is.

And I assume Captain Golin has already left to take Claire and her brother away from the island before you leave spellhold.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Bel Dalemark knows about Spellhold. He even theorizes that Imoen was taken there.

Some modding could make him into a valid route to Spellhold, avoiding both Bodhi and the Shadow Thieves.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    deltago said:

Grum said:

DJKajuru said:

Whenever you say that you don't always save ginia and ason, a completionist player loses his wings.

I'm too busy wondering why you can't just hire him to take yourself back to the mainland after Spellhold. He's certainly more trustworthy than Saemon. Hell, a really savvy player could (or should) ask Captain Golin to take you back in exchange for saving Claire, seeing how Saemon would have already betrayed you and left you with no sure means of transport back after you (presumably) would defeat Irenicus at the asylum.
    That's like asking why you can't just buy your own ship and sail there (and back) yourself.
    You don't know where the island is.

And I assume Captain Golin has already left to take Claire and her brother away from the island before you leave spellhold.
    It's an island overrun by pirates. How closely guarded a secret can it be?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Some should ask a pirate for the location of their secret base sometime.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847

When fighting Drow, use a bludgeoning weapon - their full plate gets an extra +3 against anything but crushing damage.

As a general rule, most armor does not have any extra protection vs. crushing attacks, unless its Splint Mail or the White Dragon Scale.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2016
    You guys should consider that the game calls that territory "the pirate isles", so first of all we'd have to find out which one. Also, none of these islands are safe , even to other pirates. And even if they did help you, why would they act against the wizards of spellhold?
    Finally, even though I suppose that that's still part of Amnish territory, it goes without saying that the seas are misterious and dangerous to who's not a sailor or pirate, so the whole mistery behind it is totally justifiable.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Grond0 said:

For the interaction with Vecna it appeared to me that the haste effect was applied after the adjustment for Vecna (as in your example, but not your text). So for strength (which takes 9 to cast in EE), haste alone would reduce that to 4.5 - meaning it would cast almost immediately if the Vecna adjustment were applied later. In fact I think Vecna is reducing 9 to 5 and then the haste effect cutting that down to 2.5.

Um, I don't think you want to interact with Vecna. He's not a very nice guy.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Grond0 said:

For the interaction with Vecna it appeared to me that the haste effect was applied after the adjustment for Vecna (as in your example, but not your text). So for strength (which takes 9 to cast in EE), haste alone would reduce that to 4.5 - meaning it would cast almost immediately if the Vecna adjustment were applied later. In fact I think Vecna is reducing 9 to 5 and then the haste effect cutting that down to 2.5.

Um, I don't think you want to interact with Vecna. He's not a very nice guy.
    His body parts have a high-risk, high-reward appeal to them. Just don't buy into any rumors of a "Head of Vecna". Those are very unhealthy for your adventuring party.

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I knew there had to be a reason that the Vampiric Mist spawn in particular was so inconsistent. I think I'd narrowed down the possibilities to being a matter of where you walk, but I've always been too lazy to do this much testing for monster spawns. I'd just rather get it over with one way or another.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

mlnevese said:

Vecna should be more careful with his body parts... his hands, eyes and head seem to be everywhere in the multiverse!
    :)
    I shouldn't be telling you this, but:

The head of Vecna is a hoax. Two adventuring parties were pitted against each other, and so one of them concocted the legend of a Head of Vecna plus a fake dungeon to contain it, even hiring bards to spread the rumors farther. It worked even better than they expected, with their rivals finding the "artifact", and killing each other for the "honor" of decapitating themselves to attach the head to themselves and gaining its powers.
    My all-time favorite D&D story! :lol:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

mlnevese said:

Vecna should be more careful with his body parts... his hands, eyes and head seem to be everywhere in the multiverse!
    :)
    I shouldn't be telling you this, but:

The head of Vecna is a hoax. Two adventuring parties were pitted against each other, and so one of them concocted the legend of a Head of Vecna plus a fake dungeon to contain it, even hiring bards to spread the rumors farther. It worked even better than they expected, with their rivals finding the "artifact", and killing each other for the "honor" of decapitating themselves to attach the head to themselves and gaining its powers.
    That's actually why I mentioned it :)
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    And the foot of Vecna is a portkey. .
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    But what about the fabled left nostril of Vecna?