Skip to content

Name the Community Magazine!

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    What about "the miniature giant space gazette"?
    edited February 2017
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    wubble said:

What about "the miniature giant space gazette"?

This.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Maybe we should view this poll as more feedback and not as something definite? We know more about possible problems with these penultimate names. And we're more aware about choosing a name if this magazine does go on for a while. If we still don't have a name we're happy with for issue 2, we could just go with d infinity again? *-)

EDIT
    Shandyr and I both proposed The Monthly Turnip in the suggestions thread. In retrospect, I could see how some may not appreciate it. And people often choose the joke option in polls. Oh dear. ^_^'

I don't want to drag this on for too long.

It seems to be down to either Wild Surge or The Monthly Turnip. I'll make a B&W banner for both, to illustrate the names and how they'll look on the magazine then start a new poll with those two names only in the next day or two.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Or we could throw in combinations of the two names as well in said second poll.
    Things like "The Wild Turnip" and "The Monthly Surge" could be fun names too. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2017
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Well, maybe let's do a mental exercise. Y'all want this project to be successful, yeah? So, let's imagine that it is. A lot.

Let's imagine that you're applying for funding, big money, people with big names can possibly give it. People who know generally what this thing is about, but don't know the details, have no idea about the gnomes and this specific kind of humour - hermetic, outside of good/bad categories. How would you feel while presenting this magazine, under this specific name? Convincing some guys you look up to and respect that what you do will be amazing! In person, while repeating Monthly Turnip over and over and over again.

I will also point out that while the idea of monthly releases is good, for many reasons - adequate content saturation, with just enough of impatience factor - naming a magazine like that is hellishly risky. It simply calls for fuckups and delays. I'm not trying to kill the enthusiasm, I'm speaking from my experience - better to use enthusiasm for something else.
    edited February 2017
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252

Even while The Monthly Turnip is related to a joke, it's a normal name for a serious business. I always remember Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes from HP.

I don't look at this name as a joke about the magazine's name.

YES THIS thank you for spelling out what I couldn't :D And it doesn't really need to be serious in form. It's about autor's serious approach towards their work.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    The monthly turnip? What about cauliflower? I find this vegascist...

But also most likeable.

How about The Ferret?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Anduin said:

The monthly turnip? What about cauliflower? I find this vegascist...

But also most likeable.

How about The Ferret?

That's a pub.
This discussion has been closed.