Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Re: damned if they do or don't.

I don't mind added content as long as it's not lousy. That's not a huge threshold.
  • Dog_eat_DogDog_eat_Dog Member Posts: 3

Re: damned if they do or don't.

I don't mind added content as long as it's not lousy. That's not a huge threshold.

In the trailer it says:
    • Remastered Soundtrack
    • Enhanced with updates curated by the original lead designer: Chris Avellone

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277

Where do you draw the line at 'lousy'?
  • AncientCowboyAncientCowboy Member Posts: 199

Are there any skilled modders around who can add a new area? I'd love to see a troll lair called "The Codex" where the inhabitants spew so much hate it allows Morte to update his Litany. :trollface::wink:

Lawful Evil - I like it >:)
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

My understanding is that Apple is dropping g support for 32-bit in iOS 11, not iOS 10.3. The apps will work fine in 10.3, and it will show you a list of those which may not work (or work as well. - the actual implication is unclear to me) next October.

(Doesn't matter to me, I'm sticking to iOS 9.3 jailbroken unless and until Apple allows a legit method to mod these games.)

Ah, I saw a feature list for v10.3 that said "Support dropped for 32-bit apps". Turns out it's a pop-up warning that support *will* be dropped in a future version of iOS. #DontBelieveTheHeadlines :wink:

And, I'm guessing you will be waiting a long time for Apple to open up iOS apps to modding.
    edited March 2017

Where do you draw the line at 'lousy'?
    Subjective obviously, based on the 'fun factor'.

For me and for perhaps a lot of people the most important thing would be: how well does added content integrate into existing content. If it's hard to tell where original content and expanded content meet then it's mission accomplished. If things stick out like a sore thumb, then it's a bummer. Things that can detract could be significantly different interactions with new NPCs compared to base content, distracting new voice acting, or other things.

It's subjective, but if you can match existing content somewhat closely then it will be better received than if it doesn't. For example the Star Wars prequels didn't match the content of the original trilogy very well but the Force Awakens did and was better received. You don't have to carbon copy something but hey if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    Coriander said:

It would be awesome if people from RPG Codex joined up here to talk to us and were treated kindly by the existing community.

Tall order having had the mispleasure of following a link to those forums from this very thread. Thing I have learned: Hard to reason with hate, fear & ignorance. I have also learned that the best thing I can do is ignore those comments here and let others more articulate & reasonable respond. I am highly doubtful a great many of them care to have any kind of constructive conversation from what I have read in the last few days and in regards to SoD both here and reviews on GoG & Steam. But you are right, should give it a chance......
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Sjerrie said:

Coriander said:

It would be awesome if people from RPG Codex joined up here to talk to us and were treated kindly by the existing community.

That kindness goes both ways. I have known about RPG Codex since it was mentioned in this thread, and the kind of hate shown toward Beamdog in that short a time is staggering. Not to mention irrational.
    I have a similar problem with the forum I frequent, Gamefaqs. The Baldur's Gate 2 board there is practically dead thanks to a fight between people who prefer the modded versions vs the people who prefer the EEs, and people who just want to discuss the game got caught in the crossfire.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited March 2017
    Torment spoilers..Don't click unless you've played through the game.

Uhm as far as the launch trailer is concerned...Why on earth would they include a quote made by Fall-from-Grace at the very end of the game? Am I the only who thinks that was a mistake? Even if new players won't know what that means yet, but jeezT_T

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited March 2017
    batoor said:

Uhm as far as the launch trailer is concerned...Why on earth would they include a quote made by Fall-from-Grace at the very end of the game? Am I the only who thinks that was a mistake? Even if new players won't know what that means yet, but jeezT_T

Confession: I have never finished PST... so I don't know... It all sounded quite mysterious and intriguing to me.

Edit: on that note, do we need a #ConfessionsOfANamelessOne thread?
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    1 hour
    batoor said:

I don't think that was FFG. It was deionora or whatever his love from a previous life.
    They're not the same are they?

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

batoor said:

I don't think that was FFG. It was deionora or whatever his love from a previous life.

It is the last sentence of FFG before the end

• SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    FFG's is pretty revealing in context, but if you already know the premise of the game it's not like you're learning anything new. Deionara's line also happens right at the start of the game... she really likes saying that.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2017

batoor said:

They are not the same but they are spoken by the same voice actress, Jennifer Hale. You may also notice they both sound a bit like Dynaheir. :smile: You hear them both speaking in the movie - FFG's last words to TNO at the end of the game, and Deionarra's words to him at the start.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Worst "suspenseful" countdown ever. Unless there's something else extra special coming in 15 minutes.
    procco said:

Worst "suspenseful" countdown ever. Unless there's something else extra special coming in 15 minutes.

PST EE CE confirmed?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Have I ever mentioned I loved Planescape Torment's combat? There was a huge number of unique spells to acquire if you were interested in it although there wasn't really much to fight. I wouldn't complain about another optional dungeon mostly just for smashing things

Have I ever mentioned I loved Planescape Torment's combat? There was a huge number of unique spells to acquire if you were interested in it although there wasn't really much to fight.

Unique? I daresay then they need to be ported to IWDEE and BGEE too. :)