Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Wise_Grimwald - That URL just links to an image search for "zeddicus zu'l zorander images". Which image are you talking about?

@lolien - I'm confused. Why are you linking to a picture of Raistlin?
    Ah, I was confused because you said it was an edit of Zu'L Zorander.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited March 2017

That name came up on one of the pages the image was on including this one:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/571253533957705746/

That name came up on one of the pages the image was on including this one:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/571253533957705746/
    Their mistake then, since it's a picture of Raistlin Majere.
    lolienMoradin
    Thanks for the info. Since I had never heard of either of them, I was not aware of that. Outside of the Bioware games, I have no knowlege of Faerun.
    edited March 2017
    @BillyYank As a resultof your post I did a search on Dragonlance images. I noticed that here is a lot of work there that has already been utilised in portrait packs. I also noticed that a lot of images have been recycled by putting an existing image into another setting, much as I would do if making my own portraits, one of the Laurana Kanan images being just a mirror image. That, I think that is just a little lazy, copying and adding your own background I can understand. It saves a considerable amount of time to do that, whilst making the artwork personal. Mirror imaging adds nothing. Sadly few of the images are of high enough resolution to use for making a close-up portrait. :(
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited March 2017

Thanks for the info. Since I had never heard of either of them, I was not aware of that. Outside of the Bioware games, I have no knowlege of Faerun.

You're welcome. In case you were curious, Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander is from Terry Goodkind's "The Sword of Truth" novels (no connection to the Forgotten Realms). The images are from a short-lived TV show based on the novels.

EDIT: Link to the Sword of Truth wiki: http://sot.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_Truth_Wiki
  • coffin_nailercoffin_nailer Member Posts: 16
    Could someone edit out the horns from this portrait? The pic was made by Isandir for the Sirene NPC mod but I'd like to use it for my paladin.

Also, does anyone have a zip or something of AfroShero/ftg386/mileah's portraits? Her Rey and Yoshimo portraits were nice so I'm interested in seeing what else she made.

The link is where she was uploading for a short time before she deleted everything: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17651/portraits-of-the-protagonist/p1
    Moradin
    edited March 2017

Could someone edit out the horns from this portrait? The pic was made by Isandir for the Sirene NPC mod but I'd like to use it for my paladin.

Probably others could do it much better, but here is my effort.
    I think that the artwork is from @Isandir and the portrait is from the excellent mod Sirene.
    @coffin_nailer I have removed the image until I have the permission of Isandir.

coffin_nailersemiticgoddess
    @Wise_Grimwald Looks great, thanks! Looking forward to the shadowless version
    edited March 2017
    I'm afraid that I can't get it any better than this. I am no expert. However in-game it might be fine. At this scale any imperfection shows.
    @coffin_nailer I have removed the image until I have the permission of Isandir.
    coffin_nailersemiticgoddess
    I've scaled it down and it looks fine. Once again, thank you :smiley:
    Wise_Grimwald
  • KrugosKrugos Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2017
    Double post.
    Post edited by Krugos on
    PhælinKilivitzSanctiferbob_veng
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Very nice @Krugos !
    There is no problem making alterations as long as you name the original artist . In fact, preventing people from using their own creativity on a person's art would just decrease an artist's reputation, after all, art is supposed to be about freedom , isn't it?
    Raistlin82
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited March 2017
    DJKajuru said:

Very nice @Krugos !
    There is no problem making alterations as long as you name the original artist . In fact, preventing people from using their own creativity on a person's art would just decrease an artist's reputation, after all, art is supposed to be about freedom , isn't it?

Uh, no. Not even remotely. There is a huge difference between sharing someone's work and
    between redistributing modified versions of it.
    @Krugos I very much hope you asked the artist for permission first.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it :)
    Troodon80JuliusBorisovloliensemiticgoddess
    You don't need to put in the actual message from the artist, an note saying something along the lines of "Posted with the original artist's permission." Is more than enough.
    Troodon80

You don't need to put in the actual message from the artist, an note saying something along the lines of "Posted with the original artist's permission." Is more than enough.

True, but it is nice to share pleasant messages like that one. It makes the web a more pleasant place.
    JuliusBorisovTroodon80lolien
    @Wise_Grimwald Privacy of correspondence is still a thing tho.
  • KrugosKrugos Member Posts: 30

Yes, that's what I posted with the images in the edited original message. I just wanted to share the artist was happy about his art being used by players as custom portraits.
    ButtercheeseWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovTroodon80