Skip to content

Tresset's blind run of PST:EE (ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED (except coming from me, that is)!)

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
Hey everyone! I have been planning for about a week now to do my first ever run of Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and to summarize and record my experience here on the forums. This will be the first time that I have ever played ANY version of PS:T, so I will be stumbling through it completely blind. As such, I must insist that NO ONE IS TO POST ANY SPOILERS HERE so as not to ruin this experience for me (not even small ones). Also try not to give me any help or advice unless I ask for it. I plan to start playing PST:EE as soon as it is released to the public some time tomorrow and will try to keep this thread up to date. I hope everyone here enjoys my adventure!

Now I suppose there are a few things that I have heard and seen here or there in my time on the forums, but it is honestly very little. Here is what I know so far about the game:

1. There is apparently a question asked in the game that has some importance: "What can change the nature of a man?" I have seen an image of this question and a plethora of dialog options that can be given in response, but I have no idea what any of it means.

2. There is apparently a character named Morte who is a floating skull. I think I recall hearing that he is funny, but I know little else about him.

3. There are artifacts that appear in BG2 that are based on this game. I know little more about these artifacts than their relevance to BG2.

4. I have been told that the story in this game is VERY good.

5. The setting for this game is apparently 'the planes'; meaning probably Sigil and several other planes. I don't know if there is any visit to the prime material plane or not, but I somewhat doubt it.

6. Most of the rest of what I know comes from general lore from playing other Forgotten Realms games like BG and NWN. I don't know too much about how much of this will come into play in PS:T.

This is pretty much all I know about PS:T before having started playing.
Post edited by Tresset on
ronaldoGrond0JuliusBorisovrede9[Deleted User]CrevsDaakdustbubsymlneveseTeflonDoubledimasPibaroQueegongeorgelappiesCloutiertaclaneMontresor_SPwoowoovoodooprocco[Deleted User]NonnahswriterGrumKenji

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited April 2017
    1. According to Heidegger death change the nature of a man. According to Arendt birth change the nature of a man.
    2. The Invincible Demonic Talking Skull.
    3. The artifacts were not in vanilla BG2. They were added as bonus content.
    4. Of course.
    5. Spoiler alert.
    6. Don't forget Fallout 2.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakbrus
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaakTressetGrond0Sjerrie
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    You're going to love it!
    TressetJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak_Luke_
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2017
    @Tresset I don't know if you're the type of person that likes to read manuals, but if you do be careful not reading some of the last pages of it, that is literally a walkthough of the first area, and the quests (atleast in the original manual). Also, i'm not sure exactly how much you've read at the forum, but ignore all threads about creating the optimal munchkin character. Cheers.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakPibaro
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm almost in the same situation - years ago I got a small portion of the way through the game then gave up. So I'll almost be playing blind.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakPibaro
    Tip: don't sweat it! Just do what seems interesting. I don't see the pic as my phone browser is fail, but if it is stats, read the descriptions and put them where it sounds interesting. You'll be molding this clay for a while. Any bumps can be smoothed over later.
    mlneveseSjerrieJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Create whatever you wish and have fun :)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak_Luke_
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    So?
    Where did you put that 21 points?
    edited April 2017
    Oh! And with armour class, lower is better, if you didn't know already.
  • AlexeiPepersAlexeiPepers Member Posts: 23
    I'm looking forward to hearing what your first experience is like, I've also had the privileged to be playing Planescape: Torment for the first time via the Enhanced Edition and have been having a blast so I hope you enjoy it just as much :)
    TressetmlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Nice job on the paper puzzle. That took me ages to figure out lol
    TressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Bookmarked! I'm excited to see what you think!
    TressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited April 2017
    I'd invest more with Wisdom if I were you, but won't spoil anything, so I'll just enjoy reading this :)
    Post edited by Illydth on
    Tresset
    @Tresset I have a question for you.
    As you realized, you alignment will be affected by your choiches.
    I wonder if you are willing to reach a certain alignmenet and so you're acting for that goal, or if you are simply making decisions each time you have to, and see what happens.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Pibaro Well, I hope to reach some form of good alignment, but I am not sure how exactly things are going to work quite yet, so it is a little of both. I am kinda making decisions as they come while at the same time trying to be a nice guy. For instance: I was given a choice to either shove a zombie or try to help it. I decided this may affect my morality scale somehow so I tried to help it (but failed miserably). I am also trying to make sure I profit as much as possible from my choices. Trying to balance this may be hard I guess... Especially since I have yet to actually see any signs of my alignment changing. I am not sure if it is slowly changing in the background or if I just haven't triggered anything yet or what is going on. I guess I will just see what happens...

Another thing that occurred to me is that I am avoiding fights by being disguised. I am wondering if I may be missing out on XP and loot by doing this, but I will keep it up for now.

As for the spy guy, I was truthful with him the first time I met him but I thought I would try to lie to him when I reloaded to see what would happen. I wasn't thinking much about the morality of it at the time, I just kinda liked the result so I went with it.
    PibaroJuliusBorisovmlneveseCrevsDaak
    You already made many choices affecting your morality, trust me.
    And you are right, they are slowly changing in the background, but eventually you'll see some results.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak