Skip to content

Tresset's blind run of PST:EE (ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED (except coming from me, that is)!)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited April 2017
    ^Not sure it is safe for me to click on that spoiler there... BUT I AM SOOO CURIOUS!!!

Edit: Couldn't resist. It was safe though, thankfully.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovmlneveseCrevsDaak
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2017
    Actually it's been so long since I last played PST I'm having that feeling of playing for the first time as well. I remembered Morte and some of the stuff in the Mortuary but I don't quite remember details of what happens after that :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Tresset said:

Question: Is there a good place I can stash crap? Do things vanish if they are not placed in containers? Go ahead and answer the second question. If yes, I will probably stash things back in the mortuary or somewhere...

Yes, they vanish.
    You can use any container to stash things safely.
    TressetJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @Pibaro Thanks, I figured as much. My inventory is almost full so I may try to stash stuff somewhere in the mortuary for now. Going back in after having left for the first time seems to make the guards less jumpy...
    PibaroJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Shandyr said:

Tresset said:

Annah appears to be important... She has special music play around her and unique voice acting. Right-clicking on her results in SELECTION SOUNDS!!! A party member most likely! She doesn't seem to want to join right now though...

That was very smart of you the way you figured that out ;)

He could have been even smarter, he could recognize Sheena Easton voice B)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    Bookmarked for nostalgic feels. :)

I remember stumbling around when I first played, it was so different from BG. Never got to finish PST though, and I don't even remember how far I got.

I'm now debating whether or not I follow @Tresset's playthrough before I start my own, or start my own regardless, blissfully unaware of all the choices, and just bask in shiny new-ness. :)
    mlnevesePibaroJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @Sjerrie Start your own and post your experiences :)
    PibaroJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2017
    So this is how people did it before twitch was a thing, eh? :wink:
    Screenless twitch is miles better in PST case.
    mlneveseCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Sorry guys, another new player here:
    The Nameless One starts at level 3 (not 1!), with 1 pip in fist and 1 pip in edged weapons. Is it correct? Moreover, on the character page (under proficiency) you can read: unused slots: 3 What does it mean ?
    Pibaro
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Luke93 said:

Sorry guys, another new player here:

The Nameless One starts at level 3 (not 1!), with 1 pip in fist and 1 pip in edged weapons. Is it correct? Moreover, on the character page (under proficiency) you can read: unused slots: 3 What does it mean ?
    You have more slots to put into weapon proficiencies, but you can't just allocate them in the character sheet or level up screen. There a way inside the game to do it, but I won't give it away, you'll have to discover it yourself.
    _Luke_Pibaro
    Not much of an update right now, but I re-did a few more things just outside the Mortuary. Talked to a bunch of people, got a few quests, and a commoner gave me a nice dagger. I also tried my hand at fighting some of the thugs around the area. They seem to respawn as I kill them and they tend to run from me when hurt. I found out that Morte can taunt them to keep them from running sometimes. My next course of action will probably be trying to enter a bar or something. That, or try to find a merchant.
    CrevsDaakPibaroJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    Went to the Dustman bar and had a talk with some people. Of particular note was some old lady named the skeptic or something. She seemed nice enough. I tried to convince her not to be a dustman anymore I think. Got a quest to go into a mausoleum to make dead stop rising, so I checked that out. I went in briefly, but I decided I would prefer to have more of a party to do this area so I reloaded. With nothing left to do here I left the are to some alley of angles where they tried to shake me down and it got violent so I reloaded (didn't want to go there yet anyway...). I need to pay more attention to directions... Next I tried going south and talked to a guy who wanted me to help trees. Seemed like a worthwhile cause so I got behind it. There was also a girl who wanted me to help her sister. I figured out that she was up to no good, but then I reloaded because I was curious what the fight would be like so this time I acted dumb. They managed to kill me several times before I was able to get all of them. The thugs in this area seem more aggressive than outside the mortuary so I got accosted several times. There are some nuts acting like dogs for whatever reason... Decided to ignore them for now. Tried talking to a black abishai just for kicks (I knew it was either a demon or a devil) Morte said it was a bad idea and I decided to listen to him for now. Around this time I noticed my inventory was getting full from thug loot so I decided to go back to my stash in the mortuary. Saved outside the mortuary and noticed the weather is getting nicer outside so I may try to go biking to the lake to look for turtles...
    CrevsDaakmlnevese[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
    Morte's Litany of Curses
    In my IPAD game it says that the target enemy will suffer a -2 penalty on thac0, AC, and damage, and he will attack Morte, but a saving throw will negate the effect.
    It should work this way. I don't know how it really works. I don't know why you see more than one saving twhor.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Some info on the Litany of Curses (mild spoilers).

If the target doesn't make the save, they will become "enraged"; which means they will lose their senses and attack Morte in melee combat, ignoring everything else. If they make the save, they will simply become (or remain) hostile.

If Morte uses the Litany against party members or other characters who can't be enraged (for example, undead), the Litany doesn't work and you get the sparks to show that the ability has no effect.
    _Luke_TressetCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Neutral - Good quite early in the game!
    Very good job Cutter!!!
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Short or long, we shall read. WE shall READ.
    PibaroCrevsDaak[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlneveseSjerrieCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    I still have a ton of bronze stuff nobody seems interested to buy though...
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I learned something! That selling everything of a certain type at once thing . . . I had no idea!
    JuliusBorisov

I learned something! That selling everything of a certain type at once thing . . . I had no idea!

That was something I figured out in BG loooong ago. I assumed it would also apply to PST.
    CrevsDaakElysianEchoesPibaroJuliusBorisov