Skip to content

Did you know?

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @Chimera Just did another little test.

If you murder Imoen, she will briefly turn up after the ambush and speak the line "Heya, it's me Imoen" - and then disappear as if she suddenly remembered she was dead.

If you kill Firebead, he won't be present in Beregost.

I haven't checked if all of Candlekeep is hostile in Chapter 6 if you start out the game this way. :wink:
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Ah, the length at which some people would go, just so they could ruin their game...

BIS team dedicated a moment to players such as yourself.

It is called, "Bondari reloads..."
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Redrake said:

Bioware team dedicated a moment to players such as yourself.

FTFY.

That itself is a fact worthy of this thread, since so many people seem to be mistaken: the Baldur's Gate series was made by Bioware, not Black Isle. BIS did IWD and PS:T.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    redline said:

Redrake said:

FTFY.

That itself is a fact worthy of this thread, since so many people seem to be mistaken: the Baldur's Gate series was made by Bioware, not Black Isle. BIS did IWD and PS:T.
    Yes, I know. What you don't know (probably) is that back then Bioware forums where non-existant in regard to BG2. The gaming community concentrated on 2 boards, those of Interplay and Black Isle Studios. The Bondari reloads moment was made after way too many similar threads were made about the same subject, how to ruin your game.
    It was basically a slap in the face of those players. Back then BIS gathered all of the IE games community.

Even more so, there are some hidden jokes the developers played on active members of BIS community like the NPC party you can fight in level 2 from Den of the Seven Vales. Those 5 NPCs had their names taken directly from members of BIS community.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Now I want to create an extremely foolish fighter called Bondari and take him for a no-levelup run... :smile:
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Redrake said:

redline said:

Redrake said:

FTFY.

Yes, I know. What you don't know (probably) is that back then Bioware forums where non-existant in regard to BG2...

My mistake. I was active in the BIS boards but never participated in the no-reload threads, so I mistakenly assumed you were one of the many folks referring to BG as a Black Isle game. Sorry, didn't realize it was a forum reference.
  • malachi151malachi151 Member Posts: 152
    So as a comparison, a Berserker (assuming all attacks hit) deals a constant +20 damage per APR for the duration of Rage. This means that at 5 APR they are dealing an additional 100 damage.

Keep in mind that at lower levels, when you are NOT likely to hit every time, the +2 THAC0 of Rage means that the advantage of Rage over Kai is even greater.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited October 2017

@Chimera Just did another little test.

If you kill Firebead, he won't be present in Beregost.

I haven't checked if all of Candlekeep is hostile in Chapter 6 if you start out the game this way. :wink:

In my set-up prior to EE, if you killed Firebead in Candlekeep you could kill him again in Beregost. I assumed that this was because he was so near to the Temple that resurrecting him was a piece of cake.

With SoD installed, killing Firebead results in death.

In my set-up prior to EE Candlekeep forgets your transgressions in Chapter 1, but you need to leave Candlekeep first. For most characters, that is impossible if Gorion is hostile.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

It appears that Use Any Item can once again allow thieves and bards to use NPC-only items like Jan's flashers. I noticed it in my heavily modded EET install and just tested it in my unmodded EE install.

The big question is: Should that be possible or not. IMO that should be the decision of the player.