Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858

Well even if you don't have the mod to get Tiax, there are quite a few meatshields on the way/near FAI to use instead (Xzar/Montaron/Ajantis/Viconia). If Viconia does resist fear that greatly reduces the risk non-SCS.

Viconia has general magic resistance in vanilla, not an explicit Fear Immunity
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteenlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Corey_Russell said: Pokota said: Corey_Russell said:Well even if you don't have the mod to get Tiax, there are quite a few meatshields on the way/near FAI to use instead (Xzar/Montaron/Ajantis/Viconia). If Viconia does resist fear that greatly reduces the risk non-SCS.
    Viconia has general magic resistance in vanilla, not an explicit Fear Immunity

No, I am referring to the Resist Fear spell, as in the Cleric Spell. You know, Viconia=Cleric.

And that spell affects the entire party! I would in general keep your prime Character out of his sight as he has some pretty lethal spells such as lightning bolt.
    JuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteenlolien
    edited October 2017
    Pokota said:

He doesn't have lightning bolt if you're level 1.

Useful to know. :)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    What do you guys think would be more interesting:

1. A solo Legacy of Bhaal mode run with a Fighter/Mage/Thief (no bonus XP, no XP cap)

2. A poverty run with a Cleric of Tyr, Shaman, Totemic Druid, Wizard Slayer/Druid, Cleric/Thief, Fighter/Druid, and/or multiple sorcerers
    AerakarStummvonBordwehrArctoduslolien
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    I would like to see what you could do with the FMT.

The poverty run is really RP heavy. That might appeal to some, bit I read this page to learn something about gameplay - not the moral dilemmas of charname. But thats just me
    @StummvonBordwehr: If it makes a difference, I wouldn't be doing any RP stuff in the poverty run. Much of it would involve finding ways to deal with horrible AC, no potions, and very restricted access to resurrection.

I've also considered a restless run. But unlike other restless runs, I would not allow the party to rest even from quest-related rests like the rest after meeting Garren Windspear; they'd all be immune to the rest opcode.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342

@StummvonBordwehr: If it makes a difference, I wouldn't be doing any RP stuff in the poverty run. Much of it would involve finding ways to deal with horrible AC, no potions, and very restricted access to resurrection.

I've also considered a restless run. But unlike other restless runs, I would not allow the party to rest even from quest-related rests like the rest after meeting Garren Windspear; they'd all be immune to the rest opcode.

@semiticgod
    A restless run sounds cool. I hate resting - in a no reload scenario. I avoid resting at all cost in BG2, just because I hate the cut scenes... I would love to see how you would manage the no rest restriction. You always seem to handle in play setbacks extremely well - so you doing a no rest run would be inspiring.

But I will leave the call to the no-reload veterans
    OrlonKronsteen
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905

What cruelty! Will you at least be modding in caffeine potions?

In an unrelated note: do any of you get restartitis on no-reload runs? I never thought it would happen to me but it's happening. I'm at the entrance to the Cloakwood Mines and I've lost connection to my character due to my focus on metagaming. I've also reached a level of power (levels, money and gear) where I'm not likely to die outside of Werewolf Island, Durlag's Tower or the final fight. And I admit I'm not really eager to go to Durlag's now that I've made it this far (cue the ballad of the brave Sir Robin).
    lolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @semiticgod a restless poverty run sounds like great fun - I'll look forward to seeing you beat that one B).
    lolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @semiticgod Why not both one after the other ?
    @Arctodus: There's a decent chance I'll end up losing interest in the one I don't do first, since there's also a good chance I'll end up re-starting the first run if it fails midway through, instead of switching to the second.
    lolien
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    @Wise_Grimwald Man, fighting those werewolves in confined quarters seems highly risky. Congrats on getting by them. I have a feeling my run will end there, if I go.
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited October 2017
    @semiticgod Then, the restless poverty run is my choice !
    I am most definitely not doing a restless poverty run. I'm not crazy.
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldCorey_Russelllolien
    Unless I play with a group of Seducers and Warlocks... That might well be doable.
    ArctodusWise_Grimwald

@Wise_Grimwald Man, fighting those werewolves in confined quarters seems highly risky. Congrats on getting by them. I have a feeling my run will end there, if I go.

I was at the experience cap with all my party, and I got a surprise bonus on the island, a +3 katana for a character who has ** in katanas. :)
    Grond0OrlonKronsteenlolien