"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Grond0 Hard luck.
    Grond0
    edited November 2017
    Mantis37 said:
    (A word on my install. It contains Dark Side, Dark Horizons, & SCS but I have purged many opponents of excessive mod items and it has a 30% reduction in items from item randomiser on top of that. A decent challenge, as I don't really know the BG1 mods that well.)

If you don't know the Dark Horizons Assassins you will die! Once you know them, you can neutralise their strengths however, but some of them are still tough. The big question is what to do about their powerful weapons. If they don't have them, then they are no longer powerful enemies. If they do have them, you can acquire them. One that is of particular import is a short sword that has a good chance of "holding" an enemy after a successful strike. I myself have no qualms about using them as I have the Grey Wolf Episode and The Drizzt Saga installed. I will need those weapons then!
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    StummvonBordwehrMantis37
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    edited November 2017
    Well... to be honest I took a look at some of that stuff in EE Keeper after installing and replaced most of their overpowered items with less powerful versions. I don't need 30 copies of Varscona or 200 potions of speed in my game... and I will also ignore most of the more powerful items onsale until I take on the endgame. In the long run item inflation will usually just make the game easier for Charname, even if half the party have to die from time to time while the main character flees with an unclouded aura! Still, I enjoy not knowing what's coming! Thanks for the advice though...
    Serg_BlackStriderWise_Grimwaldlolien
    Mantis37 said:

Well... to be honest I took a look at some of that stuff in EE Keeper after installing and replaced most of their overpowered items with less powerful versions. I don't need 30 copies of Varscona or 200 potions of speed in my game... and I will also ignore most of the more powerful items onsale until I take on the endgame. In the long run item inflation will usually just make the game easier for Charname, even if half the party have to die from time to time while the main character flees with an unclouded aura! Still, I enjoy not knowing what's coming! Thanks for the advice though...

As you rightly said, the potions of oil of speed are not necessary.

Also the Varscona swords are not actually a problem as all they do is make the oponents harder and you richer.

It is other items like the sword that holds you that is more of a problem. If your PC is struck with that, it could be game over. It is actually more powerful than Varscona as it can take a mage out of the game with one blow and it is useable by a thief. Therefore it is possible to backstab the mage before he knows that you are there.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Well done @Enuhal, and condolences @semiticgod.
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovOrlonKronsteenlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Tried again, died again. This time it was the bandit camp. I couldn't find the bandits who introduce you to Tazok, which meant I couldn't go to the camp while it was neutral and then recruit everyone outside--though I'm pretty sure they would have gone hostile right afterwards anyway, so I'm not sure my main plan would have really worked.

I think it might have done. My experience is that if you attack the bandits outside the word is spread so all those both outside and inside go hostile. However, if you charm those outside and then attack inside the ones outside do not go hostile.
    StummvonBordwehrAerakarJuliusBorisovArctodus
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Yesss, I really liked using Strong Arm with Kivan. It's like he's rapid firing energy bolts...
    JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwaldlolien