Skip to content

If you could change one thing about the Baldurs Gate games....

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Anduin said:

@Shandaxx ... I think we just not only had a full blown case of gnomophobia on the forums for over three years... But an aggravated verbal assault on Dwarves and Halflings being suggested to be of lesser importance!

@Grum bring your axe! We got kneecaps to chop!

“Khazukan Kazakit-ha! Till the last grudge is struck and the last knee is chopped!”
    ThacoBellRVNS
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    A:Being able to Chose my Sprite For Multi/Dual Classes. and a "Human" one for Half-Elf's.

B:To unlock all Classes for all Races.

C:To remove all the flashing effects from Buffs...how i hate looking like a flashing rainbow on Ecstasy.

RVNSStummvonBordwehr
    Skatan said:

C:To remove all the flashing effects from Buffs...how i hate looking like a flashing rainbow on Ecstasy.

Agree on stoneskin, barkskin and blur/displacement, but the rest of them I like as they are. I spend a completetly unreasonable amount of time choosing the colors of my characters clothes and hate it being unnoticable behind these buffs. Especially since all of them are being used constantly and not just during fights.

THIS ! ... you care so much for your colors , and the style of your armor , what shape your shield has...and then bluegray streetlight all day~
    AndreaColomboSkatan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited October 2017
    I would love to have more choices for the avatars and paperdolls. Some of them are absolutely hideous to me. The gnomes look like Santa's elves for God's sake and the halflings look nearly as bad. The monk, female dwarf and half-orc avatars are also ridiculous looking to me. I nearly always change the avatars using Keeper. Monk to thief, half-orc to human and gnome to elf or dwarf and I never play halfling or female dwarf...
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrSkatan
    Balrog99 said:

I would love to have more choices for the avatars and paperdolls. Some of them are absolutely hideous to me. The gnomes look like Santa's elves for God's sake and the halflings look nearly as bad. The monk, female dwarf and half-orc avatars are also ridiculous looking to me. I nearly always change the avatars using Keeper. Monk to thief, half-orc to human and gnome to elf or dwarf and I never play halfling or female dwarf...

never looked at a female dwarf before ...i wonder whats so ba....*made one* OMG ITS HIDEOUS ! KILL IT WITH METEOR SWARM !! *throws away Monitor , burns Harddrive and clears eyes with bleach*
    Balrog99Skatan
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    What's so bad about it? Is it the beards? Dwarves are supposed to have beards. It's pretty much their thing.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    (Maybe it was said before, but I am too lazy to read the two and a half previous pages worth of posts.)

Aside from what OP said:
    Fix any and all inconsistencies with the lore and plot holes.
    tbone1Mirandel
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

(Maybe it was said before, but I am too lazy to read the two and a half previous pages worth of posts.)

Aside from what OP said:

Tis madness to even attempt!
    MirandelRVNSEmpyrial
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    ThacoBell said:

Aside from what OP said:

Tis madness to even attempt!
    There's plot holes?
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
    I was sarcastic, but in hindsight it's clear I should have used a smiley to emphasize that.
    ButtercheeseSanctifer
    Maybe you should have indeed :tongue:
    Skatan
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

And Imoen is even younger...

Imagine that. A pair of ten-year-old halflings killing Sarevok. That would be hilarious!

Sarevok himself is about the same age. So they kill a 10 (max) year old who has taken over and/or sabotaged several trading houses before almost becoming a grand duke of Baldur's Gate.
    Balrog99StummvonBordwehr
    No, we learn in ToB that Sarevok was old enough to talk properly and to run off on his own. I assume he was somewhere in between six and ten years old when the ritual took place. That would mean he'd be anywhere between 16 and 20 years old at the beginning of the game.

He totally looks like your average 18 year old, right? :B

Balrog99Montresor_SPMirandel
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623
    edited November 2017

And Imoen is even younger...

Excerpt from Imoens bio;

"She seems the eternal child, and is quite content to play the part of little sister, though you are both of comparable ages."

Thus, theoretically, she could even be older than you. But because she is a cutesy girl, she appears much younger than her actual age. I mean, judging from Imoens voice, pic and general carefree attitude and behaviour, I always imagined her to be around 16 years, until I bothered reading her bio. Also, BTW, Imoen is a Bhaalspawn, so unless Bhaal donated to a sperm bank, she MUST be roughly your age or older. At most she is 9 months younger than you, since Bhaal died when you were newborn.

Now to the more serious issue at hand; Why did BeamDog, realizing the original devs got the timeline wrong by 10 years, not correct it?
    edited November 2017
    When you first meet Imoen in Candlekeep, if you call her "child", she objects that she is merely a year younger than you. If I remember correctly.

Edit: As for the reason they didn't change the timeline, apart from what Buttercheese said above, there's just too many plot/time holes in the BG timeline to easily mend them all, particularly if you still want it to roughly match up with the official FR timeline. Not just with the main plot either. We just have to accept that that is how the game was made and have leniance with it.
    ButtercheeseThacoBellkanisatha
    The power of headcanons compells you :B
    tbone1ThacoBell
    Whining on an online forum?! The horror! THE HORROR!
    Balrog99ArctodusDrakeICNThacoBell
    Did I hear whining?

ButtercheeseMontresor_SPThacoBellBalrog99
    Welp I just realised Sarevok's journal about his mother becomes another thing that ToB retcons. Never noticed that before.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Make it use Ars Magica or 3rd edition dnd instead of second.
  • ArnebArneb Member Posts: 14
    Zilber said:

Make it use Ars Magica or 3rd edition dnd instead of second.

Well, I'd love to play a computer game with Ars Magica magic system. But I think spontaneous casting (not sure how it was called) would be difficult to implement.