Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    mlnevese said:

Raduziel said:

Grum said:

Did you know that there really was a dragon in the cloakwood? Coran did, and had you kill a wyrven to defraud Beregost.

Also did you know that you do eventually get to fight that dragon? Hint: it is in ToB and he is a a Bhaalspawn

I hate when I read something awesome seconds before noticing that it is the Actually Know thread.
    There are many amazing mod ideas in this thread actually.
    Like the Broccoli Mage kit ...

mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Firkraag isn't evil, he is just misunderstood.

Proof: Last time I fought him, he cast Silence on Anomen and Jaheira. :wink:

And you didn't invite him to your party after that?!
    Montresor_SPAerakarRedrake
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    I do hope Anomen failed his test. Then you can have him on toast. Buttered.
    Montresor_SPmlnevese
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you know that the Godbow, like many such items, is detected at the start of BGII? Having the bow in your inventory causes a note by Irenicus to be added to the library shelves in the North West, marvelling at its power and wondering what the player sacrificed to come across such an item.

Also like such items, this item is added to the inventory of another character, in this case Neeber, who will be hostile.
    mlneveseMontresor_SPAerakarThacoBell
    ThacoBell said:

@Pantalion sigh, I actually fell for the Umberlee one. I forgot which thread I'm in.

It happens to everyone in this thread at some time :)
    ThacoBellMontresor_SP
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    kcwise said:

The forums will track you down and drag you back if you are away for a long time.

particularly with the new PuffPastry() class.
    mlneveseAerakarkcwise
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Wilson is actually a werebear.
    semiticgoddessRaduzielmonico
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Wilson is actually a werebear.

Are you sure he's not a bearwere?
    Montresor_SPAerakarmlneveseThacoBell
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Did you know that on the second level of Five Flagons Inn there's a painting of Elvis and also a room with 2 guitars on the walls?
    lolienMontresor_SPtbone1kcwise
    kcwise said:

A rare dialog, which only activates in the Low Lantern, results in Xxar stripping off his robe and dancing seductively for Desreta. The player must make a save vs. petrification or be struck permanently blind.

I'll have nightmares with this scene for weeks. Thank you :confounded:
    ThacoBellLadyEibhilinRhettkcwise
    kcwise said:

A rare dialog, which only activates in the Low Lantern, results in Xxar stripping off his robe and dancing seductively for Desreta. The player must make a save vs. petrification or be struck permanently blind.

Obligatory "I just failed a save for petrification in my pantaloons!" joke here.
    tbone1LadyEibhilinRhettkcwise
    Did you know that every thief can hide in view of enemies like the Shadowdancer?

The engine actually applies a -200 penalty to Hide in Shadows and Move Silently if the thief can see an enemy (hence why blind thieves can hide normally - they can't see the enemy and don't get the penalty). While this renders hiding impossible normally, a thief with over 200 in each skill can actually succeed in their hide attempt so long as they're in the shadows, though you'll never have more than a 55% chance to succeed (at 255 in each skill, if you exceed 255 then the skill will overflow back to 0).
    lolienMontresor_SPThacoBellAerakar
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    mlnevese said:

I still think that Neeber, Nuber and all their relatives are just a polymorphed Elminster poking fun at the Bhaalspawn...

He must be using simulacrums as well, because no matter how many times I chunk Noober in Nashkel, Neeber still shows up in Trademeet.
    mlnevesekcwiseAerakar
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858

In the German version of BG:EE you can get Thalantyr to cast the Antichickenator (in German: Antihasenfußgenerator - Anti-rabbitfoot-generator) spell on Alora. This makes it possible to remove her rabbit foot from her inventory and add it to your own.

But do you still get it if she survives her system shock roll?
    Montresor_SP