Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited December 2017

@CamDawg
    Any chance this feature will ever be implemented?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/4777/spellcasting-interrupted

A ticket should be created for that.The bug is filed into the inner tracker already
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    ThacoBell said:

For some reason, I can't get the beta to recognize that I have mods installed. The launcher doesn't list any new file locations it was installed to.

Can you clarify? The best way would be to empy the override folder entirely, then to download the beta, and then install mods.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

Skatan said:

Anyone online now?

I'm a bit busy now, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67542/testing-multiplayer-in-2-5 is the place to find players :)

Anyway, everyone (who still don't have IWD:EE) - grab a Steam key for IcewindDale: Enhanced Edition for just 25% of the full price during the next 21 hours at https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition, opt-in the new 2.5 update beta and start adventuring in Easthaven!
    Thank you! I was resigned to waiting for the Steam sale.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    ThacoBell said:

For some reason, I can't get the beta to recognize that I have mods installed. The launcher doesn't list any new file locations it was installed to.

My BGEE beta folder shows as 00764 in 'Beamdog Library'. BG2 beta00546, IWDbeta 00794.

00806 is the BGEE + SoD running separate. I loaded all mods again into 00764 and seems fine. (well cept for some that dont like BGEE by itself, append or chain3 errors)
    ===========
    Just for the record game crashes when I try the old saves that the beta can access from my main BGSoD game. Makes sense I guess as I have some mods in there that don't load on BGEE only.

• BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

Skatan said:

Anyone online now?

I'm a bit busy now, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67542/testing-multiplayer-in-2-5 is the place to find players :)

Anyway, everyone (who still don't have IWD:EE) - grab a Steam key for IcewindDale: Enhanced Edition for just 25% of the full price during the next 21 hours at https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition, opt-in the new 2.5 update beta and start adventuring in Easthaven!
    And it's over. Glad I got in. :)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JuliusBorisov Yup, that was what I did.

@Zaghoul "My BGEE beta folder shows as 00764 in 'Beamdog Library'. BG2 beta00546, IWDbeta 00794."

The launcher insists I have the beta installed, but I can find none of these.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    @Shandaxx:
    Unlike Baldurs gate, Icewind dale gives you extra XP points for playing hard or insane, but there is an option in the game play settings, that disables this (and you should definitely activate it). with the extra XP gained, the game sooner or later gets easier than playing it in normal difficulty ...
    independently of this, i find IEW:EE too easy too, especially in the beginnig of the game, and i had asked exactly the same question back when starting to play it (1.4 version). I'm actually missing the SCS mod from BG/BG2 here ...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Keep on playing, @Shandaxx , you're approaching harder parts of the game, actually!

Let only one bug discovered not stop you, - there're bugs there! Keep playing and keep searching for the bugs! :)
    Shandaxx said:

Heh now I'm not sure if I should switch off the extra XP or not.

But on another note: Wasn't it always possible in vanilla Icewind Dale to remove party members and create new ones and add them to the party midgame? I seem to remember that but I didn't see an option for it in IWD:EE

That feature is not possible in the EE. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36243/where-is-the-modify-party-button
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Everyone on Steam playing IWD:EE - there's a new IWD:EE build out for Steam that should enable the achievements! Enjoy and achieve them all!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I found a bug with the client. Yup. I've not been able to download it yet. I apparently have no username. Yet I can log on if I say I forgot the password. I will log it as a bug but if anyone can tell me where I find my username from the website (so I can log onto the client) then I think this would pretty much resolve itself.

Tried my email. Tried my username as stated by the account. Changed my password (to double check it was not me getting the password wrong.)

Annoyed... I can get it on steam... Just thought I would try out the client...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Shandaxx #TheCowIsALie!
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    @Shandaxx Absolutely HILARIOUS! I hope all IE cows are like this! I currently only have BG1EE and NWNEE Head-start, but I'm getting SoD Collector's Edition for Christmas, at which time I will also buy BG2EE (and, quite possibly, IWDEE and PSTEE). Now I'm going to have to start punching cows on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty to make them say that!
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    @subtledoctor: Naturally! I certainly hope you didn't think you were going to get a free game? Ain't nothin' free in this world. :D
    P.S.: I intended that as a joke.
    @Anduin Can you please report it on Redmine (there's a section for the Client-specific issues there).

If possible:
    a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder to your report
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    What’s the secrecy? It’s not like the stuff is not in our hands already with the beta :)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Arunsun said:

@JuliusBorisov or any Beamdog dev, is there any new opcodes or modding feature we can expect at some point during this beta? Or maybe de-hardcoded features?

This one is for @Avenger_teambg or @SethDavis
    Not sure if i may answer this one :) Well, without mentioning anything specific, some stuff is ported from PSTEE and some bugfixes may involve adding new features (mostly small stuff).
    So nothing about de-hardcoded features? :cry:
    Are you not allowed to give specific answers? Pretty please :heart:
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745

@Anduin Can you please report it on Redmine (there's a section for the Client-specific issues there).

If possible:
    a) Right-click the cog in the bottom right of the Beamdog Client
    b) Select "Open Log folder"
    c) Close the Beamdog Client
    d) Attach (In a .zip) all of the files within this folder to your report

Did not know this could be done with the client. Redmining now.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    *sigh* I still don't see a way to get the betas. The page shows nothing dropdown menus, no 'add to cart' button nothing. Using Safari 11.0.2, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Admittedly, I have been attempting this in fits and starts, as my schedule is not my own (for many boring reasons). But it seems like a lot of people are already working on the betas, so my thanks to all of you testers and employees.